Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk
Donate! Join Today

General Community Talk General Hyndburn community chat.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2006, 18:20   #31

Re: Asda Car Park

i do agree with you all on the amount of stock thay have but i would say the entrance is better now
carl hurles is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-10-2006, 00:55   #32
Resident Waffler

I don't think the car park is an improvment. People seem to be all going along the same bit now and it's harder to pull out of some parking places as there doesn't seem to be room to reverse without something coming up behind you. I'm sure it could have been planned better perhaps with an entrance and an exit. Apparently people have been making their own exit and driving over the garden bit next to the Electricity Street/Hyndbrn Rd corner.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 07:05   #33
Full Member+

Saints and Sinners Bingo Champion!
Bezerk Champion!

I think Asda car park has no way improved, like a lot of other people I think an exit onto Electricity st. would have been a vast improvement
MITZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 11:37   #34
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Asda carpark is horrendous and is definitely not an improvement. The speed humps are unnecessary and too high, it is difficult to reverse out of parking spaces. If you park at the Electricity St end you have to drive all of the way round the car park in order to get out. I would say that this new car park is far worse than the old one and I can imagine it being a nightmare at Xmas..

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 18:18   #35
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITZY
I think Asda car park has no way improved, like a lot of other people I think an exit onto Electricity st. would have been a vast improvement
Why? that would still exit on to Hyndburn road, no improvement.

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.

park381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 18:23   #36
Senior Member+

Asda seem to have invested very heavily in this refurbishment, it's not the best solution but, could be HBC will not allow any other or further development on Hyndburn road

Albert Einstein.

Old 09-10-2006, 06:43   #37
Full Member+

Saints and Sinners Bingo Champion!
Bezerk Champion!

I know when my hubby used to fish on the water near Asda the committee applied for a car park only to be told no way cause it would have to have the entrance/exit onto Hyndburn Road, so maybe this is why Asda's car park is the way it is.
MITZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 07:13   #38
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by park381
Why? that would still exit on to Hyndburn road, no improvement.
But one way in and one way out might stop people geing in the way of other people trying to reverse out of spaces. Everybody wouldn't be trying to go the same way. It flowed a lot better before he improvement.

Old 09-10-2006, 07:18   #39
Senior Member+

Would it not mean yet another set of traffic lights, on a road that is already grid locked at certain times of the day.

Albert Einstein.

Old 09-10-2006, 07:21   #40
Resident Waffler

Nah, just send em all up Electricity Street and open the top end again! That'll confuse the out of towners.

Old 09-10-2006, 19:12   #41
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
Nah, just send em all up Electricity Street and open the top end again! That'll confuse the out of towners.
From what I have been told asda applied for another entrance on elec st but were turned down!!!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 22:32   #42
Junior Member+

Asda ( in its pre Walmart days ) obtained planning permission for an entrance/exit on Electricity Street.
ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2006, 20:04   #43
God Member

I've had to go to asda a couple of times over the last week - first time since the car park changes - NOT impressed! My little car really struggles with the bumps and no one seems to know which direction to drive in which is a bit dangerous.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2006, 20:15   #44
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
You can sod off, thats the way I walk home with my shopping and I don`t want to be dodging all you impatient drivers!
Old 21-12-2006, 16:31   #45
I am Band

Thumbs down Re: Asda Car Park

The Asda carpark is a complete waste of time and effort. The layout must have been designed by a committee of 5 year olds, during their lunch break. It is so ill thought out!
I know people who now go to Tesco at Haslingden instesd of Accy Asda, purely on the basis of hassle free parking when they get there. Tha Asda have scored an own goal with this carpark layout.

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!
Sparkologist is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..