Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk
Donate! Join Today

General Sport and Hobby Talk General chat about anything sport or hobby related.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2012, 13:44   #151
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: Grand Slam Tennis 2012

Don't listen to that Cashy bloke, he'd start a kick off in an empty house him ! As to unsavoury, I prefer piquant myself
Old 08-07-2012, 14:10   #152
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Well started off better n he ever has, actually won a set in a grand slam final. Hope he can keep it going.
Old 08-07-2012, 17:38   #153
Resting In Peace

Looks like you're quids in Cashy. Is Dianne paying you in pounds or euros??
Old 08-07-2012, 17:38   #154
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Well started off better n he ever has, actually won a set in a grand slam final. Hope he can keep it going.
Unfortunately not Cashy - was an exciting match though -kept me on the edge of my seat. Andy fought all the way but Federer just kept pulling shots out of the hat...

Lots of emotion -not a dry eye in the house at the end.

Well played both - hope he's in the final again next year at Wimbledon.

Not long now till the US Open!

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 17:40   #155
Resting in Peace

Well another one bites the dust, after the first set it all went belly up for Murray, think the turning point was the sixth game of the 3rd set 40 love up and lost the serve in a game which lasted 20 minutes, after that it was all down hill, but credit to Federer, he was very very good this afternoon
Old 08-07-2012, 17:44   #156
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Looks like you're quids in Cashy. Is Dianne paying you in pounds or euros??
It's a brand new Fiver - with his name on it in pencil!

Not really being a betting person, if Andy managed to win I was going to suggest Cashy gave it to charity (2-1 would have been a tenner which should not be sniffed at!). Don't know when I'll see him next to hand over his winnings - it'll be up to him to decide what to do with it then!

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 08-07-2012, 17:44   #157
Resting in Peace

What I want to know is how much did that jacket cost that Cliff Richard was wearing and whats more would you wear it
Old 08-07-2012, 17:46   #158
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Well another one bites the dust, after the first set it all went belly up for Murray, think the turning point was the sixth game of the 3rd set 40 love up and lost the serve in a game which lasted 20 minutes, after that it was all down hill, but credit to Federer, he was very very good this afternoon
Definitely crucial that game Jay -not one thing went right for him and he fought and fought - shame!

Federer is No 1 in the world again so Andy can hold his head high

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 08-07-2012, 17:48   #159
Resting In Peace

Quote:
What I want to know is how much did that jacket cost that Cliff Richard was wearing and whats more would you wear it
One of the commentators thought he was wearing his duvet cover!
Old 08-07-2012, 17:50   #160
God Member

Quote:
I reckon he borrowed it off Murray's mum -she was wearing something simiar

Was that Cameron's mum that was with him in the royal box?

Bit of a Bullingdon reunion going on there between Dave and Boris at the beginning!

Rather a long handshake with Mr Salmond too

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 08-07-2012, 19:05   #161
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Murray played well, But sorry to say i proved me point, When it comes to the Big Uns, a Good player will be most unlikely to beat a great un. Aint rocket science, just fact,
Old 08-07-2012, 19:48   #162
God Member

Quote:
Murray played well, But sorry to say i proved me point, When it comes to the Big Uns, a Good player will be most unlikely to beat a great un. Aint rocket science, just fact,
Cor you're all heart ain't you mate ..but I really did think maybe Federer would feel his age in this one ...not even close.. the bloke played some fantastic shots and at the end made it look like just another days work.

Even though Murray is only 25 time is not on his side as far as taking a "Big Un"
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 20:19   #163
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Cor you're all heart ain't you mate ..but I really did think maybe Federer would feel his age in this one ...not even close.. the bloke played some fantastic shots and at the end made it look like just another days work.

Even though Murray is only 25 time is not on his side as far as taking a "Big Un"
To be honest Mancie, Andy Murray will be long remembered as the best we had fer many years,no question, But as a great.......no chance.
Old 08-07-2012, 20:44   #164
God Member

Quote:
To be honest Mancie, Andy Murray will be long remembered as the best we had fer many years,no question, But as a great.......no chance.
I reckon you are correct..Federer is the likely the best ever and Murray came up against the best.. also Nadal and others will be knocking around for a few years to thwart Murray..saying that I do think Murray can still win Wimbledon.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:49   #165
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Ya cashy he's just missing that final essence that makes great players, although Federer is thirty and Murray about 24? the likes of Nadal will still be around, think this years was his best chance of winning, but he'll always be there or thereabouts

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..