Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > DVD/TV/Film Discussion
Donate! Join Today

DVD/TV/Film Discussion If you sit in front of a screen and watch it, here's the place to discuss it.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree122Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-09-2014, 19:40   #841
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Allegations about Jimmy Saville: covered up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
You really do need to make your mind up which side of the fence you want to be on.
At last, you can see him for what he is.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-09-2014, 19:49   #842
Beacon of light

Less, I don't quite know why you should think that I am not able to evaluate posts and those who post them.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2014, 20:02   #843

Quote:
Less, I don't quite know why you should think that I am not able to evaluate posts and those who post them.
Whoa, hang on I read the above and nearly choked on my chicken take away!

Of course you can, it's just that you always bend over backwards to give a Dick a second, third even fourth chance.

(I must be up close to infinity), sometimes though, giving up on polite and telling them the truth works so much better.

Unfortunately I've been too tolerant, no longer with, (name and shame), Accyexplorer and d the p. I'll make an exception for Mags, she can't help reading things she shouldn't be allowed to worry her.

The reason? Neither wish to contribute anything useful to the site, they call everyone, never think about others.
Having said that I like dthep the most, he doesn't backtrack once he has you in his sites he doesn't creepily backtrack. He just hates.

Last edited by Less; 17-09-2014 at 20:05.
Old 17-09-2014, 20:12   #844
Beacon of light

Sorry about the choking Less......I never meant harm.
Yes, you are right. I like to give people a second, third or fifty third chance.
Mainly because people have given me chances.
We have all been crazy at times and posted things, which on reflection, perhaps we could have considered more, and posted better.
I thought I was fairly honest in my posts, though I do try to be polite, or courteous.
I think I have told it like it is for both of the posters you name.
I am not here to be nasty.....(please do not construe this as an allegation that you are).
You tell it like it is in your own way. I do the same...just because the glove is velvet does not mean the fingers underneath are not steel.
Less and Accyexplorer like this.
Old 17-09-2014, 21:40   #845

Re: Re: Allegations about Jimmy Saville: covered up?

Quote:
Sorry about the choking Less......I never meant harm.
Yes, you are right. I like to give people a second, third or fifty third chance.
Mainly because people have given me chances.
We have all been crazy at times and posted things, which on reflection, perhaps we could have considered more, and posted better.
I thought I was fairly honest in my posts, though I do try to be polite, or courteous.
I think I have told it like it is for both of the posters you name.
I am not here to be nasty.....(please do not construe this as an allegation that you are).
You tell it like it is in your own way. I do the same...just because the glove is velvet does not mean the fingers underneath are not steel.
Excuse me I've just noticed a bias!
Idiot explorer has liked your post.
Now I have no real objection to that, I liked it as well, but how can he like it when he claims to have put me on ignore? Surely he should see what you were answering to be able to get the full details to help him 'like' your post?
Or is he assuming again and stating a like without any real information as to why he's liking it.

Nah, thinking about it he's probably just sucking up.

Last edited by Less; 17-09-2014 at 21:42.
Old 18-09-2014, 07:34   #846
Beacon of light

Less, it maybe he just likes a different bit of my post.
When giving a 'like' it is hard to let the poster which bit of the post that chimed with your own feelings.
It maybe that you both liked the post, but for different reasons......maybe he likes the sound of the velvet glove.
Oh, and Cashy has taught me a very valuable lesson. That is, 'no matter how bad things seem......look for the positive' .......and my own current mantra is:- be kinder than you have to be.
Accyexplorer likes this.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 18-09-2014 at 07:37.
Old 18-09-2014, 08:08   #847

Quote:
Oh, and Cashy has taught me a very valuable lesson. That is, 'no matter how bad things seem......look for the positive' .......and my own current mantra is:- be kinder than you have to be.
Do things seem bad for you?
I'm sorry to hear that.
Old 18-09-2014, 08:36   #848
Senior Member+

Quote:
Less, it maybe he just likes a different bit of my post.
When giving a 'like' it is hard to let the poster which bit of the post that chimed with your own feelings.
It maybe that you both liked the post, but for different reasons......maybe he likes the sound of the velvet glove.
No maybe about it M, I had a little chuckle to myself when I read your velvet glove remark, not heard that one before.

Also, you can tell the rejected chuckle brother I can see his posts but I choose to ignore them.....ooooops No need I'm sure he'll read this

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2014, 08:46   #849

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
No maybe about it M, I had a little chuckle to myself when I read your velvet glove remark, not heard that one before.

Also, you can tell the rejected chuckle brother I can see his posts but I choose to ignore them.....ooooops No need I'm sure he'll read this
Starting off as you mean to continue eh?

That won't go on for long, you'll do a U turn somewhere soon.

Last edited by Less; 18-09-2014 at 08:48.
Old 18-09-2014, 13:08   #850
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Do things seem bad for you?
I'm sorry to hear that.
There have been times recently when things have been very bad.....but we just have to keep on putting one foot in front of the other......and telling ourselves that tomorrow is another day and we can start with a clean slate.
Old 18-09-2014, 13:11   #851
Beacon of light

Quote:
You won't have heard it before because it is my very own.
Another one I use is :- there might be sugar on the pill, but there is strong medicine under it....and medicine never tastes good.
Old 23-09-2014, 15:01   #852
Senior Member+

Dave Lee Travis Found Guilty of assault

Ex-DJ Dave Lee Travis found guilty of indecent assault - BBC News

To be honest I can't see him getting long (if any prison) for what he's been found guilty of.
Even though imo no matter how close you are to someone no body has the right to put their hands on you against your will, especially putting their hands up your jumper etc.....dirty beast

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Old 26-09-2014, 16:20   #853
I am Banned

Quote:
Dave Lee Travis Found Guilty of assault

Ex-DJ Dave Lee Travis found guilty of indecent assault - BBC News

To be honest I can't see him getting long (if any prison) for what he's been found guilty of.
Even though imo no matter how close you are to someone no body has the right to put their hands on you against your will, especially putting their hands up your jumper etc.....dirty beast
No porridge for the Hairy Cornflake eh?
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2014, 18:11   #854
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
No porridge for the Hairy Cornflake eh?
No,3mnth suspended sentence....

The DLT incident was 19 years ago. It was a grope,not that it makes it ok but, Why didn't she complain at the time?

kerrrrrching
Old 26-09-2014, 19:10   #855
I am Banned

According to the Daily Telegraph AccyX she did complain.
"Despite being in shock over what had just happened, the young woman, who had just graduated from university realised she had to tell someone about what had just happened and went straight to her boss, Peter Kessler, a BBC producer and blurted out: “'Oh my God, Dave Lee Travis just grabbed my ****.”

She explained: "I just remember being in a bit of a flap, not knowing what to do ... It was just the most weird, surreal thing. I was mildly hysterical, it was wildly, definitely the weirdest thing that has happened in my life.

“One moment I was smoking a cigarette and the next thing he was sexually assaulting me.”

Perhaps fearing for her future career, or perhaps too shocked and embarrassed about what had happened the young woman decided not take the matter any further with the police or senior BBC executives.

She decided to put the matter behind her and as the years went by she realised her dream and began to forge her own successful career in the entertainment industry."

It was then that her anger over the incident began to build and it started to bother her that she had not pursued the matter at the time.

She said: “For years I didn't talk about it to anyone, if his name came up I would say 'oh he's a wrong 'un. But when I got to my 30s I began to think that was really out of order.

“It wasn’t par for the course. I got cross that he had done it. What an awful thing to do to someone when they are trying to get on with their job.”

Eventually in 2012 following the exposure of the Jimmy Savile scandal, she decided to open up to a male friend, who also worked in showbusiness.

Despite having confided in friends about what had happened, it was not until Travis appeared in court charged with a string of other similar allegations that she plucked up the courage to go to the police."

Last edited by DtheP47; 26-09-2014 at 19:13.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..