Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2012, 17:29   #226
I am Banned

Re: A plague of flies

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
I have just added up my ebay purchases relating to the fly plague - £18.98

This comprised - UV light, battery operated swatter, fly papers, baited fly trap, window fly screen.

I couldn't use fly spray aerosols, but can envisage that the people who did would need several.
How about this one, daughter in London got one, hung it outside next to back door, was 1/2 full in 10 days. Because the flies can't get out they can never become immune to the poison, & as most of them are females it rduces the fly population as well.

Red Top Fly Catcher

Red Top Fly Catcher

Flies can be a real nuisance at any time of year, but they are particularly so during the summer months when they invade our homes, farms, smallholdings and stables.
Now at last, there is a safe and effective way to trap and deal with them – Red Top Fly Catcher.
A unique and safe product, Red Top Fly Catcher are the ultimate fly trap. They are low-cost, non-toxic, simple-to-use and chemical-free.
They are hung outdoors in your garden, maximum 15 metres from your home in a nice sunny position, whilst on farms they can be placed around your livestock and poultry sheds or stables.
Red Top Fly Catcher need some sunlight and warmth to get going and once set up will begin working within a few days and last up to 12 weeks. They use a non-poisonous, ecologically-safe protein lure to attract the flies via a turret into a three-litre trap.
Red Top Fly Catcher can be bought online for just £9.99 each for up to nine traps, or £9.49 each for 10 traps (£94.90), £8.49 each for 20 traps (£169.80), £7.99 each for 30 traps (£239.70) or more. These prices include all postage & packaging.
To order your Red Top Fly Catcher, go to the online shopping page.

Next page: How it works

Ashmoat Ltd, Barton Grange, Worlingworth, Suffolk IP13 7PE
© 2008 - 2012. All Rights Reserved. Ashmoat Ltd are suppliers of Red Top Fly Catchers.

Last edited by Retlaw; 12-08-2012 at 17:32.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-08-2012, 17:42   #227
Resting in Peace

Its funny but I've had my windows open all weekend and haven't seen one fly, they must have gone on holiday
Old 18-08-2012, 23:02   #228
Junior Member+

Environment Agency - Blakeley's Waste Management Limited

Blakeleys waste management have applied for a permit from the enviromental agency for the site at hindley geen. Dajavo or what, above is the link to the EA information. You have until the 14th of September to comment. Just thought i would share this with you, because like me you know the hard way, that what Blakeleys waste management get a permit for and what they actually do, are two differant things. You can either just let it happen and let another community face the consiquences or try and protect others from suffering a simular fait. The choice is yours.
ex employee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2012, 09:09   #229
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex employee View Post
Thanks for posting the link, my letter for refusal has been sent.

No other town should have to suffer at the hands of this Company again - Send your request for refusal today.

Last edited by Neil; 20-08-2012 at 12:34. Reason: fix quote
DFOR is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..