Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-07-2012, 02:02   #136
God Member

Re: A plague of flies

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex employee View Post
I am an ex employee of this company and i took them to court last year and blew the whistle on them disposing of waste without permits and the appropriate licences. Sadley the court failed to understand the significance of the health risk this poses and found it to be entirly proper conduct for them to do this.

Can you name the directors of this company? Those details are available from Companies House but that costs a few quid so if possible just put their details on here.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-07-2012, 07:17   #137
Junior Member+

Steven Blakeley is the director

Greama Knight is the health and safety manager / General Manager

He deals with most things

Hope that Helps
ex employee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2012, 07:34   #138
Junior Member+

Mr Steven Barron is the logistics manager, the person of whom would have organised the transport of this waste to your town. He is also the only certified person for hazardous waste and his beleif's on what merits hazardous waste does deviate somewhat from what the law says is hazardous. So yes i would be very carefull around the site of this waste, because the company does not like to carry out risk assessment or C.O.S.S.H. following any reports the drivers make of suspisious waste.
Old 28-07-2012, 07:49   #139
God Member

Somewhere on the facebook flies page you will find the full address of another Blakeley director brother which I found.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2012, 07:57   #140
Junior Member+

There is also Denis Blakeleys, Steven Blakeleys dad, but he doesn't get envolved in the Business much anymore.
Old 28-07-2012, 08:15   #141
God Member

I have tried to find what I posted on Facebook but it is like looking for a needle in a haystack.

I do recall that I found two directors with a middle name Dennis, and there were some other Blakeleys with previous involvement in the business.

The private address I found sounded rather 'posh rural'.

Seems rather a rubbish dynastic style run business.

Old 28-07-2012, 08:40   #142
Junior Member+

Steven Blakeleys is the main director who deals with the business, he is the one who is responsible for making the decissions. Unfortunatly i don't think his family are aware of half what goes on with the business, but I think by now they will be getting a pretty good idea.

Sadley he along with the managers he employs are very good at telling porkies and pulling the wool over peoples eyes, sadley he is driven by money and has very little regard for the consiquences of his actions. I did tell him back in 2010 that putting peoples lives at risk in order to make money, is both unfair and will be his downfall.

congratulations to everyone who managed to catch him in the act, it is almost restoring my faith in the justice system.
Old 28-07-2012, 10:19   #143
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
I liked the one where he ended up with the piece of sticky tape stuck to his tail and doesn't know - but they're all so true to how cats behave. And I love the cat noises - which Simon does himself!
Downside now is can't get that catchy tune which starts and ends most of the videos out of my head!
Old 28-07-2012, 23:57   #144

Never thought i'd wish squatters would move into ossy,let us (s) pray this is over..so Wigan lot are to blame? Them from Wigan think a balanced diet is,a pie in each hand! !!
spignific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2012, 01:05   #145
Give, give, give member

We heard about the English town swarmed by flies in Sardinia!

Just got back, and found dead ones in my house, and a fat, live little blighter, which fly spray wouldn't kill, but managed to swat the beggar with one of the Observers from behind the door.

What's next, is it the plague of frogs, or is it blood?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2012, 01:24   #146
God Member

I thought Pestilence came after the flies? Still, I suppose some of Ossy's equine stock would prefer a quick death to what some of the locals do to 'em.

And ain't a plague of boils the next one after that? What could be nicer for the people of Ossy...I'm loving it.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2012, 08:40   #147
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
I thought Pestilence came after the flies? Still, I suppose some of Ossy's equine stock would prefer a quick death to what some of the locals do to 'em.

And ain't a plague of boils the next one after that? What could be nicer for the people of Ossy...I'm loving it.
Well flies aren't that choosy really but even they drew a line at venturing into Church
Old 29-07-2012, 21:50   #148
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
The horse fiddler was a sex tourist.

Unilke you, he didn't come to pastures new from Church, but from Blackburn.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2012, 16:02   #149
God Member

The day when the stuff should start to be moved and none has.

An update from Facebook -
"Peter Britcliffe
FLIES LATEST
No sign yet of this going.On my way to site with County Councillor Tim Ashton and he will contact the Env Agency yet again to find out what is going on and report back to me."

I have killed 4 flies today - and two more are evading me.
I have a better score with the plastic swatter than the tennis racket zapper.

Old 30-07-2012, 16:20   #150
Senior Member+

When did this tipping start on this particular site?
Surely there are regulations for the disposal company to adhere to and checks carried out by the relevant authority.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..