Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-07-2012, 16:49   #166
Give, give, give member

Re: A plague of flies

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
i dont know about whos in charge and who isnt but Peter Britcliffe has been extreemly helpfull and put a lot of effort into getting the agencies to move their backsides.Not one to praise politico's but credit where credit is due although he does live pretty close to the site so does have a small interest in it himself.

i dont know if he has to decalre self interest in it at the next council meeting as i dont know the rules
Agreed. There'd be more of an outcry if Peter Britcliffe wasn't leading the campaign to get this issue resolved.

Seeing as he's an Oswaldtwistle councillor, and lives just over the fields from where this stuff was dumped.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-07-2012, 16:52   #167
Give, give, give member

I also noticed a poster on the front door of the Civic Arts Centre today, offering free fly papers, if anyone needs them.

Old 31-07-2012, 17:03   #168
God Member

An update from Facebook - the removal which was promised to start Monday, then was rescheduled for Wednesday, has encountered a problem raised by the site owner.

Blakeleys Waste
Hi everyone

Please see our latest statement below:

Stephen Blakeley, managing director at Blakeley’s Waste Management, said: “Despite receiving approval from Hyndburn Borough Council and the Environment Agency that we can begin to start removing waste from Oswaldtwistle waste site, the land owner Arthur Morgan of AMCIS has unfortunately applied a restriction of access, which prevents us from getting on to the site to start the clearance before 8am. This reduces the time we can operate during the day and will therefore lengthen the time it takes us to remove the bales.

“Also, as at present Arthur Morgan has not yet agreed to allow access to the site for the operation to begin tomorrow. He has requested further information, which has been supplied this afternoon. Despite this he has yet to give permission for Blakeley’s to access the site. Therefore, at present we cannot begin the clearance tomorrow as planned until Mr Morgan removes his objections.”

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2012, 17:17   #169
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
An update from Facebook - the removal which was promised to start Monday, then was rescheduled for Wednesday, has encountered a problem raised by the site owner.

Blakeleys Waste
Hi everyone

Stephen Blakeley, managing director at Blakeley’s Waste Management, said: “Despite receiving approval from Hyndburn Borough Council and the Environment Agency that we can begin to start removing waste from Oswaldtwistle waste site, the land owner Arthur Morgan of AMCIS has unfortunately applied a restriction of access, which prevents us from getting on to the site to start the clearance before 8am. This reduces the time we can operate during the day and will therefore lengthen the time it takes us to remove the bales.

“Also, as at present Arthur Morgan has not yet agreed to allow access to the site for the operation to begin tomorrow. He has requested further information, which has been supplied this afternoon. Despite this he has yet to give permission for Blakeley’s to access the site. Therefore, at present we cannot begin the clearance tomorrow as planned until Mr Morgan removes his objections.”
No doubt Mr Morgan doesn't live within a 100 miles of Ossy
Old 31-07-2012, 17:17   #170
Give, give, give member

Quote:

Blakeleys Waste
Hi everyone

Why the piggin' hell has land owner Arthur Morgan applied for restricted access, and why is he refusing to give permission for the bales to be removed?

Nevermind tar and feathering.

He should be stripped naked and tied to a stake at the site, after being being rubbed down with some of the lovely clinical waste.

Old 31-07-2012, 17:24   #171
God Member

There is a report that men and a digging machine are on the site, and have said that they are working for the land owner.

It looks suspiciously like the landowner wants to dig up something that is there (and likely shouldn't be), before he will let Blakeleys in to remove their bales.

The TCP smell that we remember from the past has returned due to soil disturbance.

Last edited by MargaretR; 31-07-2012 at 17:32.
Old 31-07-2012, 17:30   #172
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Why the piggin' hell has land owner Arthur Morgan applied for restricted access, and why is he refusing to give permission for the bales to be removed?

Nevermind tar and feathering.

He should be stripped naked and tied to a stake at the site, after being being rubbed down with some of the lovely clinical waste.
Your trouble Rindi is your far too kind
Old 31-07-2012, 17:40   #173
God Member

G Jones MP has been on the site with the Enviro folk this pm.

I hope that he doesn't say 95% of the bales cause no risk to health

Last edited by MargaretR; 31-07-2012 at 17:42.
Old 31-07-2012, 17:46   #174
Resting in Peace

Quote:

Well it is his stock answer Margaret
Old 31-07-2012, 18:51   #175
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
No doubt Mr Morgan doesn't live within a 100 miles of Ossy
And there's probably a lot more (nasties) than appears to be the case.
Old 31-07-2012, 18:58   #176
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
And there's probably a lot more (nasties) than appears to be the case.
In that case he probably live 200 miles away from Ossy
Old 31-07-2012, 20:18   #177
Give, give, give member

Quote:

Old 31-07-2012, 21:18   #178

I assume Mr Morgan was paid for letting them dump on there. Maybe they want their money back, just a thought.
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:24   #179

also getting infested with flies in the rishton area we always like to leave the backdoor open for our dog but as of late we are having to keep it closed until we let him out, cant kill the little blighters quick enough if we decide to open the door, our poor bailey is now also helping us by chasing the flies round, enjoyable to watch but we hate the fact they are in our home.
tezza321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:29   #180
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by tezza321 View Post
also getting infested with flies in the rishton area we always like to leave the backdoor open for our dog but as of late we are having to keep it closed until we let him out, cant kill the little blighters quick enough if we decide to open the door, our poor bailey is now also helping us by chasing the flies round, enjoyable to watch but we hate the fact they are in our home.
Contact your local councillor, deputy dog, you'll find him at Rishton Towers

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..