Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-07-2012, 08:27   #31
Resting in Peace

Re: A plague of flies

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
I am grateful that jepster took the time and trouble to join up, to provide me with an explanation of the cause.
Seeing I live between You and the NIPA site Margaret, wonder why its not giving me problems
Old 20-07-2012, 08:32   #32
God Member

It must be that they like the air in my place - no chemicals, and four air cleaning machines operating 24/7.

Coming from Cockers old site, my place is their equivalent of a trip to the alps.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2012, 08:43   #33
Resting in Peace

Quote:
It must be that they like the air in my place - no chemicals, and four air cleaning machines operating 24/7.

Coming from Cockers old site, my place is their equivalent of a trip to the alps.
Fly's are picky Margaret, no point in stopping off for a snack if there's nout to eat
Old 20-07-2012, 08:48   #34
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Fly's are picky Margaret, no point in stopping off for a snack if there's nout to eat
Obviously they prefer their crumbs to be organic.

They are intelligent Ossy flies.

Old 20-07-2012, 08:50   #35
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:

OR
It could be the festering, mouldering body of one of your neighbours that hasn't been seen for the past fortnight, but how can you tell you never go out.

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2012, 08:57   #36
God Member

A good neighbour provides me with regular updates of neighbourhood news.

There may be a rotting body in the woods at the back, but the flies are more likely to be feasting on dog poo before their alpine mountaineering excursion.

Old 20-07-2012, 09:55   #37
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jepster View Post
Thank you, ive been reading this forum for weeks now, with no intention of joining, until i saw Margarets problem with flies, the only way i could give her an explanation was to join, susie123 hadnt even answered Margaret, but hey a new member gives an explanation and she sees a opertunity to be controversial, now you all know the source of the flies, ill go back to just reading theres too many people like susie123, who just wont be happy if they arent doubting a newcomer goodbye folks see yah, and keep watching the press for the full story,
Well I'm sorry you feel like that but I need say no more as the comments of others about this post have done it for me. I think they know me and Accyweb rather better than you do.

Perhaps it might help you to know that at the time of my first post I was as high as a kite on steroids which are helping me to counteract the effects of a 12 week course of chemotherapy for a serious illness. So cut me some slack, maybe? Not an excuse, just giving you a bit of background.

I won't waste any red karma on you, prefer to give green to more deserving folk. But stick around on Accyweb and you may live and learn.
Old 20-07-2012, 10:04   #38
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Obviously they prefer their crumbs to be organic.

They are intelligent Ossy flies.
Or maybe there are no crumbs at all in my Gaff, Margaret
Old 20-07-2012, 10:31   #39
God Member

I have noticed that you rarely offer any crumbs of comfort to other members.

Old 20-07-2012, 11:17   #40
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Seeing I live between You and the NIPA site Margaret, wonder why its not giving me problems
they cant press the button on the intercom

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2012, 13:18   #41
Rest in Peace

Quote:
A good neighbour provides me with regular updates of neighbourhood news.

There may be a rotting body in the woods at the back, but the flies are more likely to be feasting on dog poo before their alpine mountaineering excursion.
It is reported on the Lancashire evening telegraph Web Page now.
claytonx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2012, 13:42   #42
God Member

Oswaldtwistle waste site blamed for plague of flies (From Lancashire Telegraph)

It mentions the affected area as 'within a mile', but that entymologist link I provided said they can travel one to two miles easily, so Accy members get your fly invasion supplies now

Old 20-07-2012, 16:42   #43
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I have noticed that you rarely offer any crumbs of comfort to other members.
I did in your hour of need
Old 20-07-2012, 16:43   #44
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
they cant press the button on the intercom
Well if they did I'd just tell um to Buzzzzzzzz off
Old 21-07-2012, 00:43   #45
God Member

i like this guys username on the telegraph website under the story refering to them trying to locate the land owner lol

Quote:
useyourhead says...
2:50pm Fri 20 Jul 12
Land registry search £8.00. owner name and contact details are on this document.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..