Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree198Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-06-2014, 19:46   #76
Common Sense Member

Re: All The Best To You Graham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I am really glad to hear that. I would be very disappointed if I thought that people who had a voice to make difference, did not use it.

I do wonder though if those who make decisions like this, actually use the services.

I think that those who drive cars, those who are young and fit....who have no problems which restrict their mobility will not be in a position to understand or appreciate the concerns of those who do have these problems.
There is currently a public enquiry underway regarding the whole thing, par for the course on something this big but it will allow both sides to put forward the argument on a level and impartial playing field. I haven't been along myself but I believe it has been well attended.

There is an LT article on it this week somewhere.

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-06-2014, 19:56   #77
God Member

I'm not quite sure which logic is applied when you build a new bus station to replace the old one with a space for more cars. If we need space for more cars clearly the buses are redundant.
Old 19-06-2014, 19:57   #78
Beacon of light

I really don't think the decision will be overturned....they rarely are, regardless of what the local people and businesses think.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2014, 20:02   #79
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I really don't think the decision will be overturned....they rarely are, regardless of what the local people and businesses think.
Correct, just adding more money to the bill
Old 19-06-2014, 20:05   #80
Beacon of light

Yes, well of course. That is a given. This may be a bit cynical, but I think they do this as a ploy.....just to make us lot think someone has taken the concerns into consideration....but it is all cut and dried really.
Nothing will change and nothing will happen other than what was set to happen at the outset.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2014, 20:38   #81
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Re: All The Best To You Graham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post
There is currently a public enquiry underway regarding the whole thing, par for the course on something this big but it will allow both sides to put forward the argument on a level and impartial playing field. I haven't been along myself but I believe it has been well attended.

There is an LT article on it this week somewhere.
Well, there we go, you come on site spit you dummy out tell us you aren't going to be part of our world anymore and within hours renage on your promise.
what other sort of false promises and falsehoods have you put on site just to advance your and your parties aims?

If you are going to go then go, but don't blame us, you joined the thread deliberately to stir things we tell you you are a phony because you are a phony.

now, do what you promised and go.

That way in another ten years AccyWeb won't exist, if you are correct.

personally I think the site will still be here but you will have forced your voters into making you a forgotten memory.

Shape up or ship out. For everyone's sake.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2014, 21:21   #82
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Well after reading through this "Arrogant" tripe you have posted Ken Moss,which admittedly surprises me, I can only say,Yeh got a damn cheek saying members live in the past, Something you know sod all about "First Hand" cos yeh aint lived around this neck o the woods,2 mins. Its the old story of "I know better than you oiks" well got news fer yeh sunshine, yeh know sod all, only what yeh been told.
Less and Mog like this.
Old 19-06-2014, 22:42   #83

I only liked your post cash because you tell the honest truth, all his rantings must be to put the site down.
Maybe they plan yet another expensive alternative along the lines of accy life?
Kill off the free alternative first?

Well somehow I suspect AccyWeb will outlive his nasty little remarks, after all its managed to keep going despite having the horrible members that keep questioning his and others important decisions.
The guy is full of it, my regret is I believed he was on site and up for election to do good for all of us, just like I was fooled by our MP when I voted for him.
Old 19-06-2014, 23:07   #84
God Member

i used to drive to blackburn because accringtons town ceter traffic system is a pathetic joke designed by a man who at the time didnt even hold a provisional driving licence so had no concept of traffic or drivers needs which led to the god awfull mess we have now.

i no longer bother shopping in blackburn either becuse the same idiot from what i heard got let loose on their town center traffic system and anyone who has used it will be familiar with the drive half a mile to get 30 foot away if you were allowed to turn right as you used to be able to.

bad public transport isnt what killed our town center the system in place was and is more than adequate for bus users what killed our town off was and is junkies,alcholics,bad traffic,the destruction of our market hall, the destruction of our outdoor market,endless amounts of charity shops, way too many betting shops and not one decent pot to pi$$ in when yuor in need of a pee.

so far burnley hasnt been infected by this clown and although not a great shopping enthusiast accrington can learn a lot from burnley because i went there the other week and although they too have a poundland it was nice to see plenty of variety in shops and improvemts been made to make it even better.

sorry lancsdave i know you have a shop in accrington but id say it was hyndburn council that has let you down in a massive way and a bit of a kicking from LCC as well regarding the traffic issues

i have been a member of this site for some time and as well as seeing it mentioned on here i have seen the smackheads problem myself every single time i have to go and collect something from the post office and it is a complete joke that the issue has remained untackled through two councils both con and labour.

mind you folks theres malaria in other counties needs sorting first so please be patient XXX ington town center will be sorted one day
maxthecollie likes this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2014, 06:12   #85
Common Sense Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Well after reading through this "Arrogant" tripe you have posted Ken Moss,which admittedly surprises me, I can only say,Yeh got a damn cheek saying members live in the past, Something you know sod all about "First Hand" cos yeh aint lived around this neck o the woods,2 mins. Its the old story of "I know better than you oiks" well got news fer yeh sunshine, yeh know sod all, only what yeh been told.
I haven't said anything about knowing better than anyone or tried to be arrogant about anything and I don't see why someone has to be as old as the sun to see what is right in front of them.

A few short years ago on this very forum there was a discussion about how Broadway was stuck in the 70s and the town centre needed investment. It has had plenty of investment in the short time I have been on the Council but whatever is done people seem to have a jolly good whinge about it.

The intrinsic value of a town centre to me is not how shiny it is but what shops there are and I don't see how any Council can be held responsible for shopping habits and private enterprise.

Town centres are changing, they have always changed and I remember full well people talking thirty years ago about how Preston, thriving as it during the 1980s, was a mere shadow of it's former self. Those same people are now talking about how good things were thirty years ago.

Accrington is clearly no different but you must know better because I'm just a wet-behind-the-ears immigrant.

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2014, 07:09   #86
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

It seems to me,like the "Village Idiot" would know better than you Ken. also talking down to people is arrogance in my book. sod all to wi age.

Last edited by cashman; 20-06-2014 at 07:11.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2014, 08:04   #87
I am Banned

Hands up all those who went to the public enquiry.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2014, 09:43   #88
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post
The intrinsic value of a town centre to me is not how shiny it is but what shops there are and I don't see how any Council can be held responsible for shopping habits and private enterprise. .
well iv known a few market stall holders and met people with shops in Accrington and although this was under the conservitive rule when the town was starting to decline rents and rates were increased and by the time some concessions as little as the were got applied it was too little too late as most people had been forced out of buisness.

if i am correct i think charity shops dont pay as much council tax ,rates etc which would explain how they spread like a cancer in our town center while other self employed people folded

there was absolutely no need to demolish the outside market to build what is now Game,poundland and teh other shops in the new build that is there.All them buisnesses could have opened in the arndale as there wa splenty of space because they too were closing hand over fist

so yep councils can be blamed for driving out buisness and making a town center unappealing to investors or companies because the coucnil allows charity shops to run rife .

mind you it was hyndburn council who allowed whitebirk to be built which is where all the big names out of the arndale ran to which benefited blackburn not accrington

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2014, 09:45   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
Hands up all those who went to the public enquiry.
I was going to but got off the bus at the wrong place.
Old 20-06-2014, 10:01   #90
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I was going to but got off the bus at the wrong place.
You have been "getting off" at the wrong place for years Less.

*DP smirks his smirk © *
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..