Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree198Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2014, 08:25   #166
Senior Member+

All The Best To You Graham

And as I said at the top, an inquiry is important so why the long political thread? Ridiculous to be honest.

Not getting in a row about bedtime either but mum and daughter had just arrived back. She's doing very very well at school. Sorry but its just courtesy and appreciation that's required, not a lot. Not politics.
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-07-2014, 09:37   #167
Beacon of light

Re: All The Best To You Graham

Graham, you only find it ridiculous because it is critical of your handling of things.
It took you quite a while to tell us what your thoughts were.......and because your name was not on the list of MP's who supported the call for an inquiry it created some alarm.
You cannot dodge politics, it is the job you are in and you should be thankful that people like me take an interest.( a lot of people have been 'turned off' anything remotely political)

As for the aside about bedtime...that is all it was...an aside.....I don't do rows.

Courtesy and appreciation is a two way street.......have you heard of 'mirroring'?
nicola68 and cashman like this.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 11-07-2014 at 09:40.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 15:45   #168
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones View Post
And as I said at the top, an inquiry is important so why the long political thread? Ridiculous to be honest.

Not getting in a row about bedtime either but mum and daughter had just arrived back. She's doing very very well at school. Sorry but its just courtesy and appreciation that's required, not a lot. Not politics.
What long political thread?

All I've seen so far is you ducking under everything you have been asked!

You even try to divert the topic by saying you went off to put your child to bed!

Then, you have one of your usual goes because someone bit and mentioned the time.

Consider this Oh great one, dirty pervs of all professions are waking children up from their innocent sleep, just to have their evil way, probably as you were putting your child to bed.

Your child is precious, all children from everywhere are precious.
If there is one thing you could do to bring me over to saying Graham Jones is worth my vote, forget grids, forget malaria, PROTECT ALL CHILDREN.

You have ignored what has been said, or you've tried to twist it.

Now is your chance to prove you are a caring and responsible MP, all children need protecting not just our own, what will you do about it?

(This was posted by someone concerned about children, not interested in Having, children. (sic) Can we have a local MP with similar Ideas?).

Last edited by Mick; 12-07-2014 at 04:58. Reason: language and copyright law
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 18:15   #169
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones View Post

Oh, and just by the way Graham, it wasn't me who brought your child into this thread....it was YOU.
You need not have done that...it was totally unnecessary. You could just have said that you had something that needed your attention.
Like Less, I think it was done as a diversionary tactic.....not a great way to go....and ill considered in the circumstances.
Old 11-07-2014, 20:20   #170
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
In post #110 here, I described the 'grey books' maintained by whips.

It seems that are also described as 'dirt books' and this is an article describing how they are used.
The Dirt Book: How the sexual abuse of children is used for political gain | spotlight

Our MP is a whip so he is likely aware of which MPs have mucky secrets.
His responses make no mention of this devious practice, yet he is a labour whip.
I would like to know if he has participated in any cover up.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 20:37   #171
Beacon of light

If he gave me such a convoluted answer to my question Margaret......can you imagine the fun he will have with your question?
Old 11-07-2014, 20:50   #172
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Re: All The Best To You Graham

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
His responses make no mention of this devious practice, yet he is a labour whip.
I would like to know if he has participated in any cover up.
Now that is silly, we can't get straight answers to simple questions, he's so much above us these days.
If he is guilty of cover up for someone (which is as bad as committing the crime yourself), even ripping his toe nails out won't bring him to divulge even 5% of anything he may know (ooh look 5% isn't that the inverse of 95%?).
Looks to me like Graham Skybaulker has sold himself completely to the dark side, the only time we'll know if he has involved himself is if it's better for the party to sell him down the river rather than have any real truth passed on to the electorate.

Last edited by Less; 11-07-2014 at 20:52.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 09:15   #173
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

As there is a public meeting this afternoon,at Charter House about the situation in Gaza, I wonder if all Hyndburns Palestinians have been notified? This meeting obviously precedes the one about moving Hyndburns Bus station?

Last edited by cashman; 01-08-2014 at 09:18.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 09:39   #174
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
As there is a public meeting this afternoon,at Charter House about the situation in Gaza, I wonder if all Hyndburns Palestinians have been notified? This meeting obviously precedes the one about moving Hyndburns Bus station?
Has Graham been invited or is he the guest speaker?
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:14   #175
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
Has Graham been invited or is he the guest speaker?
He has called it,as i understand.was the info i read as someone had downloaded off twitter.
Old 01-08-2014, 11:10   #176
God Member

i dont think a meeting on gaza will help anyone hes way to old now to return to football and his hostage negotiation tactics leave something to be desired

leave the bloke alone i say

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 18:25   #177
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Let me guess how it went - those in Gaza were in the right and the Israelis were all to blame
Eric likes this.
Old 01-08-2014, 19:06   #178
Beacon of light

Oh Neil...you are just too clever. You should be an MP.
Eric likes this.
Old 01-08-2014, 19:29   #179
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Oh Neil...you are just too clever. You should be an MP.
he took the test to be a MP but failed by %95

i personally think it was rigged but no idea who by

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 21:34   #180
Senior Member+

All The Best To You Graham

I've spoken at length about the bus station over many years. I called for the new station to be on the current side of town.

Just because I agree to do an event, post a tweet or the papers give a story prominence doesn't automatically make it my priority.
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..