Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree198Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2014, 12:19   #196
Beacon of light

Re: All The Best To You Graham

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones View Post
Totally inaccurate. Sorry Margaret, just saying it how it was.
Well, Graham.....that is how it looks...so while I do not wish to accuse you of being economical with the truth.......I have nothing, absolutely nothing at all that makes me believe what you tell me.
BERNADETTE likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-08-2014, 12:22   #197
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones View Post
Swamp of cynicism...
Cynicism is realism dressed in work clothes Graham.

We have become cynical, because politicians have made us like this.....we are duped by them every day(in one way or another)....and cynicism is the crust of our defence.

Long gone are the days when you took a politician on his word.
Less, cashman, BERNADETTE and 1 others like this.
Old 04-08-2014, 12:49   #198
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Cynicism is realism dressed in work clothes Graham.

We have become cynical, because politicians have made us like this.....we are duped by them every day(in one way or another)....and cynicism is the crust of our defence.

Long gone are the days when you took a politician on his word.
they dont give tehir word they say things that lead you to believe they will act one way then say they never actually said they would do what they implied.

with polititions its mostly word play and misdirection.Its a bit like how an illusiionist works but where as an illisionist will take your watch and give it back a politition will take your watch, wallet and expect you to thank them for it and if you ask how the trick is done you will be told your too thick to understand so no explination is needed

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 13:45   #199
Beacon of light

Yes Accyman, you are right.
Right now I am sick of illusions.
I would likes something solid to hang my hopes on...and the hopes of children growing up in a country that seems to be the magnet for all the european ne-er do wells, criminals etc, etc.......I want someone to stand up for us. You know, those of us who pulled our tripes out to make this country something we could be proud of.
Who worked on the understanding that what we had contributed would ensure we were looked after.
That was all an illusion too.
Old 04-08-2014, 13:50   #200
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post

What is a swamp of cynicism?
I think he's talking about "The Railway"

And I never really thought of cynicism as a "swamp" ... it's more like a healthy attitude to adopt when listening the horse manure coming from politicians.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 13:59   #201
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post

And I never really thought of cynicism as a "swamp" ... it's more like a healthy attitude to adopt when listening the horse manure coming from politicians.
The Railway isn't a swamp, a swamp is almost a desert compared with what flows in there.

I wouldn't even attempt to insult folk for their cynicism, but it seems rather than answer questions honestly and clearly our M.P. would.

What a shame,I was foolish enough to have had my cynicism switch in the 'off', mode the day I voted for him, now I have put signage around it to ensure it is always 'ON'.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 14:38   #202
Beacon of light

I don't feel insulted.
I for one, am glad that Graham realises that we do not take the stuff the comes out of the POW at face value.
This the MP who thinks that 95% couldn't give a damn about the EU....that we haven't enough intellect to work out what is good for us in respect of the EU.
Now, that is what I find insulting.
BERNADETTE likes this.
Old 06-08-2014, 11:56   #203
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post

Why am I thinking "Slough of Despond" here ?
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 12:28   #204
Beacon of light

I don't know. Why are you?
Old 08-08-2014, 09:35   #205
Super Moderator

Graham, following the meeting on Palestine, as you're so obviously concerned about affairs in the Middle East, will you now be organising a meeting about the mass murder now being perpetrated by ISIS in Iraq?
Eric and Barrie Yates like this.
Old 08-08-2014, 11:48   #206
God Member

i do hope so because once the political might of Hyndburn gets involved plus the voices of them that give a toss the whole middle east issue in general will be solved , possibly even world peace...

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 09-08-2014, 12:29   #207

I was darned pleased yesterday to hear that an RAF plane had left Brize Norton to drop some basic needs to refugees including the civilians who'd fled up the mountain. Having heard reports of what the religious zealots are doing to children I think if I were stranded on a mountain top I'd like the RAF to drop a supply of pills which would quickly and quietly end the life of any child I had as I wouldn't want him/her to suffer such barbaric treatment:
  • £2m of emergency supplies for 75,000, including aid to be dropped to those trapped on Mount Sinjar
  • The supplies include resusable filtration containers filled with clean water, solar lights that can also be used to recharge mobile phones, and tents and tarpaulins
Lucysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 12:06   #208
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

I wonder how much of it will end up in the wrong hands.

Of course it's essential you can recharge your mobile phone while fleeing for your life.
Old 10-08-2014, 13:38   #209
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post

Of course it's essential you can recharge your mobile phone while fleeing for your life.

#selfiontherun

Old 10-08-2014, 16:38   #210
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I wonder how much of it will end up in the wrong hands.

I wonder how much aid would be now needed if GW and Tony Blair had not embarked on their trillion dollar wrecking of Iraq.

And all these goddam meetings and rallies about the conditions in Gaza ... mere horse manure which allows folks to attend, feel good, and still do nothing. Oh, and it probably allows a bunch of anti-semites to crawl out of their holes and condemn Israelis without running the risk of being heckled down as Nazis. And it gives a bunch of politicians the opportunity to make political points with the Muslim vote.

Canada, as you probably don't know, 'cause we're not a BIG power, is firm in its support for the State of Israel; but we don't forget the suffering of the innocent Palestinians. Several Ontario hospitals which have pediatric expertise (Kingston General is one; and, of course, Sick Kids Hospital in TO) have offered to treat injured children free of charge (taxpayers' expense) and to arrange their transport. Now, that appears to be much more valuable than parading with posters and yelling anti-jewish slogans. Surprisingly, the wealthier Arab countries are those who contribute next to nothing. It's up to the decadent infidels in the West to pony up.
DaveinGermany and westendlass like this.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..