Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree198Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-08-2014, 22:38   #226
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: All The Best To You Graham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
Just like Christianity is a religion of peace and compassion..

Lets ignore inquisitions, slavery and the morally corrupt religious leaders of past and present.
The thing is that is in the past as far as the west in concerned. It's time for the Middle East to leave the middle ages and join the 21st century.

Quote:
What Israel is doing in Gaza is just plain wrong...what ISIS are doing is also plain wrong..both on humanitarian grounds NOT religious!
What about what Gaza is doing, indiscriminately firing rockets into Israel? Is that ok with you?
accyman and Barrie Yates like this.
Old 17-08-2014, 00:50   #227

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
The thing is that is in the past as far as the west in concerned. It's time for the Middle East to leave the middle ages and join the 21st century.
Maybe you should read the post you selectively quote from..almost sure I said something about education being the answer, using ourselves climbing out of the morass of historical cockups as an example....you got any better ideas to get the middle east to leave the dark ages?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
What about what Gaza is doing, indiscriminately firing rockets into Israel? Is that ok with you?
Nope....where did I say or intimate otherwise?
Old 17-08-2014, 08:47   #228
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Nope....where did I say or intimate otherwise?
You didn't, you just didn't mention what they are doing as being wrong like so many others who appear to not want to say the Palestinians are also in the wrong. I'm with Eric one this one, Israel is protecting itself against Gaza. Israel have the bigger stick so are getting more worldwide abuse for it.
Old 17-08-2014, 10:15   #229
Full Member+

I think Israel have the technology to knock out the missiles before they hit their towns and cities which makes it appear that they are just blasting away at Gaza without justification. Just because Israel appears largely untouched doesn't mean that the Palestinians are not firing at them indiscriminately (which I believe they are). If they (Israel) are being attacked they are going to defend themselves.
Eric likes this.
Old 17-08-2014, 10:25   #230
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

I doubt they can, they are not guided missiles like you may think, they are like big firework rockets with explosives in them. The set them off and the rocket goes where it wants and they have little control as to where it lands apart from where they roughly point it as you can see in this picture I posted before

Old 17-08-2014, 10:32   #231
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

I have just changed my mind after some googling, they have a system explained on wiki here Iron Dome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ANd some info about some of the Hamas rockets which explains about there use to attack civilians http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qassam_rocket

Last edited by Neil; 17-08-2014 at 10:35.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2014, 17:14   #232
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by westendlass View Post
If they (Israel) are being attacked they are going to defend themselves.
And the Yanks .... they are not under direct attack, yet their drones have been active in Pakistan. And if there is another 9-11, just watch the ordnance fly. The Israelis respond to being attacked in a way that other democracies wish they could. No whining ... no appeals to the International Community ... just scramble the jets and take care of business.

Sure, innocents die ... Dresden ... Hiroshima ... Leningrad ... Nanking ... too many to mention. That's what happens in wars. Just about every country has blood on its hands. And it's unfair to target the Israelis for doing what every nation would do, given enough provocation. Unfortunately, anti-semitism is alive and well in the world. And the Jews have learned to depend on themselves. I'm still kinda proud that my country supports them.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2014, 18:47   #233
Full Member+

My son was over in Israel doing some filming for work in April and stopped for a while with a couple who live there. They explained how life has been over the years and, even then they could hear explosions in Syria. I don't think most of us here could possibly understand how the people who live in that part of the Middle East go about their daily lives let alone their politics but I think I'd take a lot of the newspapers reports with a large pinch of salt. The press can be very one sided.
Eric likes this.
Old 17-08-2014, 19:26   #234
Beacon of light

when 'news' like the Cliff Richard thing breaks.......I always wonder what bit of bad news we(the public) are being diverted from looking closely at.
cashman likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2014, 20:28   #235
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
when 'news' like the Cliff Richard thing breaks.......I always wonder what bit of bad news we(the public) are being diverted from looking closely at.
well its taken the public eye away from the perverts and pedos at westminster that were been talked about only a couple of weeks ago in all the papers

did all those signatures from the MPs not wanting pedophiles in westminster past or present not come to anything?

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2014, 20:32   #236
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Theres usually summat, thats fer sure. Perhaps its the fact pensioners are going to be screwed, despite Camerons pre election promise?
Old 17-08-2014, 21:54   #237
God Member

Seems like your PM is starting to take Islamic extremists seriously. And threatening preemptive military action. Wow! At least the Israelis wait until they are attacked before they retaliate.

Islamic extremists will haunt Britain if not stopped: David Cameron - The Economic Times

Graham, what's your take on this?
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2014, 22:17   #238
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Seems like your PM is starting to take Islamic extremists seriously. And threatening preemptive military action. Wow! At least the Israelis wait until they are attacked before they retaliate.

[url=http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/international/world-news/islamic-extremists-will-haunt-britain-if-not-stopped-david-cameron/articleshow/40347506.cms]Islamic extremists will haunt Britain if not stopped: David Cameron - The Economic Times[/url
Well its ok, the pensioners can pay fer it.
Old 17-08-2014, 22:20   #239
Beacon of light

We already have the Islamic extremists....they are subverting the young Muslim men into leaving their families and fighting on foreign soil.....believing that it is what is laid down in their religion.
These young men believe that it is their duty to behead and desecrate the bodies of those who are non believers....that they should massacre whole communities.

All this is done in the name of their religion.
It is not about religion. It is about exerting power.
It is about barbaric seventh century practices.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2014, 22:26   #240
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
We already have the Islamic extremists....they are subverting the young Muslim men into leaving their families and fighting on foreign soil.....believing that it is what is laid down in their religion.
These young men believe that it is their duty to behead and desecrate the bodies of those who are non believers....that they should massacre whole communities.

All this is done in the name of their religion.
It is not about religion. It is about exerting power.
It is about barbaric seventh century practices.
And that will always be the case, unless the elders speak out fer all peaceful Muslims (Of which there are many) in a way that everyone will be aware, sadly this don't seem to be the case,Integration aint very high on the list in my view.
Eric likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..