Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree198Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-08-2014, 15:48   #256
God Member

Re: All The Best To You Graham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Because he misrepresented the facts and took the country to a war it should never have got involved in....he just wanted to be seen as the big guy.....when in fact he was GW's poodle.
True enough ... but I don't think that makes him a war criminal ... jerk, asshole, scumbag, slimeball ... maybe. Hypocrite ... definitely. But he didn't act alone He "ruled" in a parliamentary democracy, not by divine right. That got the chop in 1649 I believe. And what were your intelligence services up to? Probably acting on info from CSIS and the Mounties, our then PM, Jean Chretien, told GW to stuff his war plans where the sun don't shine. Your government, no doubt, had the same info as ours. And yet .....
DtheP47 and Alan Varrechia like this.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-08-2014, 17:40   #257
Beacon of light

There were plenty of feet on the streets here that told him that the people did not agree with his vision of how things were at that time...and since then he has slimed his greasy way out of answering questions about what really went on.....he has declined to allow communications which clarify events, to be published.
Now if he had nothing to hide why would he do that.
GW wanted a regime change in Iraq.......and this was (allegedly) decided well ahead of the WMD issues.....Tony Blair was complicit in bamboozling the people in government....he (along with others) lied to the British people.
All this for his own hedonistic desires....and he still will not admit that he was wrong.

Those in the Middle East still live by almost tribal rules......why does the west act so arrogantly in trying to get them to assume a western style democracy...when there is no such thing as democracy??

He sent British lads and lasses to fight in a conflict that should never have been....Many of these lost their lives, and those who came home came home with problems which they are still having today.
Tony Blair is responsible....period.
cashman likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2014, 11:07   #258
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Those in the Middle East still live by almost tribal rules......why does the west act so arrogantly in trying to get them to assume a western style democracy...when there is no such thing as democracy??

He sent British lads and lasses to fight in a conflict that should never have been....Many of these lost their lives, and those who came home came home with problems which they are still having today.
Tony Blair is responsible....period.
Do you think we should do nothing and just let them get on with killing each other?
Do you believe that once IS take over the middle east they will start to spread across the globe?

Last edited by Neil; 20-08-2014 at 17:47.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2014, 11:08   #259
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
did them lads from blackburn not get done for treason when they went to fight for the taliban ?
The so called justice system probably blamed white married middle aged men with 2.4 kids for forcing them to go and fight and gave them a new house and loads of money when they returned
Old 20-08-2014, 12:33   #260
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
The so called justice system probably blamed white married middle aged men with 2.4 kids for forcing them to go and fight and gave them a new house and loads of money when they returned
In a nutshell sucessive governments have ignored these radicals,e.g. those who preach hatred on the streets, it makes good news showing, but sod all is ever done really, The fact an innocent journalist has now been executed should be the call to get the S.A.S. involved execute all radicals,stop benefits fer the families, n tell the happy clappers who object to get stuffed,but that obviously will never happen, those who are crying fer rivers of blood will be allowed to carry on. Time in my view to fight fire wi fire, stick it right up em.
Eric and westendlass like this.
Old 20-08-2014, 12:37   #261
Beacon of light

Neil.....I really do wish I had the answer to the first question. It is something that is not as simple as we in the west think it is. There are so many subtle cultural issues involved......many of them we will never understand, probably because we are not of that culture.
As for your second question......I am in no doubt whatsoever about the answer to this.
If IS take over the Middle East then they will surely feel that they can take over the globe.
Old 20-08-2014, 12:46   #262
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
In a nutshell sucessive governments have ignored these radicals,e.g. those who preach hatred on the streets, it makes good news showing, but sod all is ever done really, The fact an innocent journalist has now been executed should be the call to get the S.A.S. involved execute all radicals,stop benefits fer the families, n tell the happy clappers who object to get stuffed,but that obviously will never happen, those who are crying fer rivers of blood will be allowed to carry on. Time in my view to fight fire wi fire, stick it right up em.
The governments who have ignored the 'hate preachers'(for that is what they are) did so because they feared being labelled Islamophobic or racist.

Why would you come to a country which has a culture you despise?.......Except we know that the world sees us as a soft touch...money, houses and health care up for grabs at no cost to them.

I would make sure that those who left the country to fight for IS in a jihadist movement never ever got back in again....and I would make sure their families were airlifted out to where ever these young men are fighting.....after all, if we were trying to deport them to a country of their ancestors, they would cite the right to family life.
Let them put their elderly grandparents/ parents and younger siblings in peril....see if that concentrated their minds.
They are not British.......I don't care if they were born here and have a British passport...they should be banned from setting foot on our soil for the rest of their lives.
Old 20-08-2014, 12:51   #263
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Do you think we should do noting and just let them get on with killing each other?
That's a big fat yes! Violence, terror & threats are endemic in Arab & middle eastern cultures. They'll happily enslave & slaughter other tribes & clans that don't fit their ways & ever was it so amongst these peoples long before Colonialists came along conquering & dividing the lands into parcels that suited their wishes.

When this happened they then stopped killing each other to join forces & fight back against the infidel, a working successful alliance through need. Still, once its purpose was served it was back to the old routine of butchering & beating each other, that is & remains their "Culture". Leave 'em to it I say, eventually a point will be reached when they've so decimated & debilitated one another that they'll all have to come together again to survive or risk being overtaken by a stronger incoming outside power.
Less, accyman and Barrie Yates like this.
Old 20-08-2014, 12:59   #264
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Well yes, DIG, I liked your post, because the fact is...

It's correct, I didn't like the content though, it's a confusing world isn't it?

😕
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2014, 13:28   #265
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Well yes, DIG, I liked your post, because the fact is...

It's correct, I didn't like the content though, it's a confusing world isn't it?

��
I can live with that Less, unlike others who can't live with anything apparently.
Old 20-08-2014, 13:36   #266
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Re: All The Best To You Graham

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
I can live with that Less, unlike others who can't live with anything apparently.
Somehow neither of us have much of a choice, live with it or...

Oh what the hey, let's fight back, who fancies a trip along B'burn Rd letting the tyres down on the illegally parked cars?

Hang on though, if we let the tyres down, that will make them awkward to move when we need to form a barricade against the retaliation!
Leave me to consider this for a moment...
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2014, 15:11   #267
Senior Member+

Quote:
GW wanted a regime change in Iraq.......and this was (allegedly) decided well ahead of the WMD issues.....Tony Blair was complicit in bamboozling the people in government....he (along with others) lied to the British people.
It is the norm for politicians to lie to the British public and that is not seen as an offence - however, lying to Parliament is an offence I believe. Therefore he should be brought before Parliament and tried and the document that have been denied the public should be made available.

Last edited by Neil; 20-08-2014 at 17:50. Reason: fix quote
Barrie Yates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2014, 17:15   #268
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

We will take passports off em. that'll teach em. But still give em benifits to buy false uns.
Old 20-08-2014, 17:48   #269
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
As for your second question......I am in no doubt whatsoever about the answer to this.
If IS take over the Middle East then they will surely feel that they can take over the globe.
Should they be stopped from doing that?
If so at what point should they be stopped?
Old 20-08-2014, 18:44   #270
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Time in my view to fight fire wi fire, stick it right up em.
Agree 110% ... spoken like a true Israeli.
cashman likes this.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..