Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree198Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-08-2014, 22:41   #241
Senior Member+

Re: All The Best To You Graham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
I said something about education being the answer,
Try living there and working amongst them. Then you will realise that education in a Muslim country is not as you know it.

Last edited by Neil; 18-08-2014 at 11:13. Reason: fix quote
Barrie Yates is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-08-2014, 05:34   #242
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
And that will always be the case, unless the elders speak out fer all peaceful Muslims (Of which there are many) in a way that everyone will be aware, sadly this don't seem to be the case,Integration aint very high on the list in my view.
You are right Cashy. I have been saying that the body of the Muslim community stays largely silent.
This sends the message to non Muslims in the world, that they agree with what these young men are doing in the name of Islam.
Much of what these young men believe to be the word of the religion, is not to be found in the holy book, but in the Hadith......this was written three centuries after the death of the prophet they say they follow.....and by whom, is unclear.

These boys have been reared in a tolerant society. They have been given the freedom to follow their religion, to get an education....yet in some areas of the world this would not be the case.

The young men who have left these shores to go and fight for IS should not be allowed back into the country. They have committed war crimes....they do not follow the Geneva convention.....they kill women and children, they parade the heads of those they have slaughtered like badges of honour...they desecrate the dead. They are barbaric.
Eric, pallyman and maxthecollie like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2014, 08:43   #243
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
The young men who have left these shores to go and fight for IS should not be allowed back into the country. They have committed war crimes....they do not follow the Geneva convention.....they kill women and children, they parade the heads of those they have slaughtered like badges of honour...they desecrate the dead. They are barbaric.
I am sure that during the Congo wars that British mercenaries were guilty by law of committing a criminal offence. If that is so, and the law has not been removed from the statute books, then there should be no reason for the Jihadists fighting in the ME not to be prosecuted and finish up in jail. If that is the cast then there is possibly a case for their families being charged with aiding and abetting a criminal offence.
Old 18-08-2014, 17:15   #244
God Member

Quote:
You are right Cashy. I have been saying that the body of the Muslim community stays largely silent.
If one took a poll of the muslim community (C'mon could organize it), one would find that maybe only five out of one hundred would admit to putting country before religion. Even those born there ... you know, the ones who blow up buses and subway trains. That leaves 95% ... wait a minute! I've seen that figure before, somewhere
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2014, 17:23   #245
Beacon of light

Except it isn't religious. Devout men do not slaughter women and children because they are of a different faith.
There is no call in the holy book for young men to take up arms and wage jihad.
The only time the holy book justifies taking up arms is if the home is about to be invaded.
There is no call to be an aggressor.
The Hadith however, does call for these things......and Hadith means 'tradition'.....so it is culture rather than religion.
There is nothing in the holy book which requires other faiths to be forced to convert.....or pay a tithe for not converting

Muslims know this, but still they remain silent about the barbarism being perpetrated in their name on foreign soil.
Old 18-08-2014, 17:47   #246
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Re: All The Best To You Graham

Quote:
Except it isn't religious. Devout men do not slaughter women and children because they are of a different faith.
There is no call in the holy book for young men to take up arms and wage jihad.
The only time the holy book justifies taking up arms is if the home is about to be invaded.
There is no call to be an aggressor.
The Hadith however, does call for these things......and Hadith means 'tradition'.....so it is culture rather than religion.
There is nothing in the holy book which requires other faiths to be forced to convert.....or pay a tithe for not converting

Muslims know this, but still they remain silent about the barbarism being perpetrated in their name on foreign soil.
Yes i do agree with the above, except that we had a Prime Minister not many years ago, he claims to be Christian he went against faith, morals and decency just to get his name into the history books.
The other hypocrites then made him a peace envoy!
No wonder man cannot live in peace with his fellow man.

Last edited by Less; 18-08-2014 at 17:49.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2014, 18:03   #247
Beacon of light

Yes, well that man has to live with is conscience(if he has one - which I sincerely doubt).
He too, is a war criminal, but no-one has the cojones to bring him to justice.

And you know what they say about power...it corrupts......absolute power corrupts absolutely.
I'm sure if I have got that wrong Eric will put me right.
Old 19-08-2014, 00:23   #248
God Member

Quote:
Yes, well that man has to live with is conscience(if he has one - which I sincerely doubt).
He too, is a war criminal, but no-one has the cojones to bring him to justice.

And you know what they say about power...it corrupts......absolute power corrupts absolutely.
I'm sure if I have got that wrong Eric will put me right.
Moi! I wouldn't think of it. I've been taking my anti-pedant pills; so, I'm not into correction ... unless it's a little consensual spanking.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2014, 02:11   #249
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Yes i do agree with the above, except that we had a Prime Minister not many years ago, he claims to be Christian he went against faith, morals and decency just to get his name into the history books.
The other hypocrites then made him a peace envoy!
No wonder man cannot live in peace with his fellow man.

ahh the same prime minister that told the world that he carried a copy of the quaran with him everywhere he goes when trying to reassure people that islam was a good and peacefull religeon and hoping to assure the muslim people that despite slaughtering a few thousand of them overseas he likes them really.

now im not pro christian i had that stain put upon me against my will but if i considered myself to be a christian the last book on teh planet i would be carrying around with me and bragging about owning would be the quaran.Thats like been a burnley fan and telling the world you wear the blackburn rovers strip at night when making love to your wife

i hope i outlive the dirtbag if only to see if as many people jump in joy at his death as they did thatchers

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 19-08-2014 at 02:14.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2014, 06:25   #250
Beacon of light

Personally, I hope the man lives for a very long time....and reaps the fruits of his hubris.
I am unlikely to outlive him, but I do not think a death is cause for celebration....anyway......I have heard he is being buried at sea
Old 19-08-2014, 07:15   #251
Beacon of light

That's just in case any of you were thinking of dancing on his grave
Old 19-08-2014, 08:33   #252
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
He too, is a war criminal, but no-one has the cojones to bring him to justice....
Why do you think he is a war criminal?
Old 19-08-2014, 08:58   #253
Beacon of light

Because he misrepresented the facts and took the country to a war it should never have got involved in....he just wanted to be seen as the big guy.....when in fact he was GW's poodle.
Many of the problems that have arisen in the hot spots of the world have come about because of his desire to go down in history.
He is supposed to be the Peace Envoy for the Middle East ....how hypocritical is that?
So where is he now...is he brokering diplomatic solutions, applying balm to the wounds( many of which would not have been inflicted if it had not been for him).....no, he is off somewhere sunning his bum!
Or is it just me who sees it this way ?
Old 19-08-2014, 14:25   #254
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Looks like we could soon be at war again against the Islamic State. This time I do hope there is an official declaration of war and anyone in this country found to be assisting or fund raising for IS is arrested for treason. Just a shame they got rid of the death sentence for high treason in 1998
Old 19-08-2014, 14:28   #255
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Looks like we could soon be at war again against the Islamic State. This time I do hope there is an official declaration of war and anyone in this country found to be assisting or fund raising for IS is arrested for treason. Just a shame they got rid of the death sentence for high treason in 1998
did them lads from blackburn not get done for treason when they went to fight for the taliban ?

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..