Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree94Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-05-2013, 12:26   #31
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Attack on soldier in woolwich

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
i have no idea why the police didnt shoot to kill because now we have the expense of a trial and teh expense of keeping them fed in prison.

a head shot would have saved a lot of money and delivered justice for the victim.Now the victims familes have to live knowing the muderer will probbably get let out in a few years
To be honest,i aint sure shoot to kill is the answer,? I reckon wound n then behind closed doors torture the crap outa em until they get more info on this scum, Then top em. Will never happen like that, but it damn well should.
Old 23-05-2013, 14:06   #32

Quote:
i have no idea why the police didnt shoot to kill because now we have the expense of a trial and teh expense of keeping them fed in prison.

a head shot would have saved a lot of money and delivered justice for the victim.Now the victims familes have to live knowing the muderer will probbably get let out in a few years
According to what's just been said on Jeremy Vine's show, they did shoot to kill, they just missed.

Police are trained to aim for centre body mass, i.e. the middle of the thorax. Headshots aren't attempted because there's too much risk of missing or the shot passing through. ("Be sure of your target and what's beyond it".)

Wounding is not an option simply because one of the original basic rules of firearm usage is that you never discharge your weapon unless you absolutely want your target destroyed.

Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2013, 14:13   #33
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Well if they say that on Jeremy Vine, it must be right.
Old 23-05-2013, 17:22   #34
Resting in Peace

Quote:
i have no idea why the police didn't shoot to kill because now we have the expense of a trial and the expense of keeping them fed in prison.

a head shot would have saved a lot of money and delivered justice for the victim.Now the victims families have to live knowing the murderer will probably get let out in a few years
Can you just imagine the cries of murder coming from the bleeding heart Guardian reading Liberals accyman, But I for one totally agree with you, although now they will spend probably a full life term and won't be treated as martyr's
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2013, 17:40   #35
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Well if they say that on Jeremy Vine, it must be right.
It is true Cashy, DinG will probably agree, shots are aimed at the largest body mass, it might not kill but it will take them down.

Interrogations should be carried out in pig styes - interrogators could wear masks and protective clothing.
Old 23-05-2013, 17:53   #36
God Member

we dont really need to know who sent them it would be much more simple to stop them coming in

one of these guys stated in a video that what he did was because what he did was happening in his villages back home

not by our bloody soldiers it isnt its his own brothers ,uncles etc that are driving around village to village raping and murdering their own people

what he shoudl have done was stay at home and taken a hatchet to the people he saw as a threat but he was too cowardly to do that he chose to come here using and excuse put in his weak minded brain my an islamic nutter to attatck an unarmed person in the street

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2013, 18:10   #37
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
It is true Cashy, DinG will probably agree, shots are aimed at the largest body mass, it might not kill but it will take them down.

Interrogations should be carried out in pig styes - interrogators could wear masks and protective clothing.
Oh i aint doubting it barrie, in fact i was just having a pop at the ridiculous Vine, not studio.
Old 23-05-2013, 18:36   #38
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
shots are aimed at the largest body mass
As Barrie said, when aiming at a target you go for the best chance of a hit so the upper body, chest area, large target area & the vital organs to ensure a kill.

Head shots, while achievable are much harder especially on a moving target. A lot of modern weaponry is of a smaller calibre, NATO standard now being 5.56mm which requires more hits to do the same job as the old 7.62mm. Modern thinking is that if a combatant is incapacitated, that in theory takes out 2 more of his comrades by them assisting him.

That said, most trained snipers (Police included I believe) use the A1 L96 bolt action rifle, 7.62mm good penetration & stopping power, dependent on the situation a 5 or 10 round magazine can be fitted
Old 23-05-2013, 18:55   #39
God Member

well there would have been no harm in using a body shot to disable the men then stand over them and finish them off with a headshot

put them down like you would a rabbid animal

if you think im been too harsh and havnt seen the pictures and videos go take a look as they gloat to camera weiling hatchets and take note of how red with blood their hands are.

Apparantly they didnt manage to tatolly decapitate the soldier they just hacked away at his neck as best they could

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 23-05-2013 at 18:58.
Old 23-05-2013, 19:29   #40

Quote:
well there would have been no harm in using a body shot to disable the men then stand over them and finish them off with a headshot

put them down like you would a rabbid animal

if you think im been too harsh and havnt seen the pictures and videos go take a look as they gloat to camera weiling hatchets and take note of how red with blood their hands are.

Apparantly they didnt manage to tatolly decapitate the soldier they just hacked away at his neck as best they could
Unfortunately is doesnt work like that you shoot to kill but if your shot disables your target the target is no longer a threat. Especially in open air if they were in a closed building and they sent the SAS in I think a wooden box would have been more applicable than a hospital bed.
Old 23-05-2013, 20:01   #41
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommiasfc View Post
Unfortunately is doesnt work like that you shoot to kill but if your shot disables your target the target is no longer a threat. Especially in open air if they were in a closed building and they sent the SAS in I think a wooden box would have been more applicable than a hospital bed.
i would argue that an islamic extreemist is a threat as long as it is breathing

unfortuantly as you say things dont work like that

20 mins for teh police to arrive on scene .Thats disgusting i bet they arrived on scene faster than 20 mins when those two lads tried burning down a mosque in retaliation to this attack

Old 23-05-2013, 23:00   #42
Senior Member+

My lad saw most of the action as it happened - apparently one was taken down by a WPC as she was only part way out of the car.
Once he was incapacitated any further shot to deliberately kill him would result in a murder charge against the officer.
Old 23-05-2013, 23:11   #43
I am Banned

Quote:
20 mins for teh police to arrive on scene .Thats disgusting i bet they arrived on scene faster than 20 mins when those two lads tried burning down a mosque in retaliation to this attack
You are fanning the flames acctman.... back off and view the facts as they emerge.

Scotland Yard has hit back about how long it took officers to reach the scene of the terrorist murder in Woolwich.
Assistant Commissioner Simon Byrne said that officers reached Artillery Place within nine minutes of the first 999 call telling them a man was being attacked.
It took 10 minutes for firearms officers to reach the scene after they were alerted to the presence of a gun.

Woolwich attack: Met defends armed police response time - Crime - London24

Last edited by DtheP47; 23-05-2013 at 23:14.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2013, 23:57   #44

Shame the NHS picks up a bill for fixing them up.

Lot of talk here about letting them in (and in fairness Labour completely lost control of that, and for years we had an open border) but the issue is deeper here - these two were born here, same as us.

The problem is religion, which in all forms should be banned (for being nonesense in the first place and dangerous in the second).
GEaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2013, 01:01   #45
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEaston View Post

The problem is religion, which in all forms should be banned (for being nonesense in the first place and dangerous in the second).
Think this is a tad extreme. It appears pretty clear to me that it is the followers of only one religion who are committing acts of terror. Don't see too many C. of E. folks strapping explosives on, blowing up subways, flying planes into buildings, punishing women for being raped ... and generally rasing shiite in the world. Islam is the problem. Trouble is, it's hard to get anyone in government to admit this. Maybe because folks are too politically correct on this question, or, maybe, because the nutbars are sitting on too much oil.

By the way, I fully agree with you on the "nonesense" bit.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..