Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree94Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-05-2013, 18:13   #151
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Attack on soldier in woolwich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Call me cynical, but those are my thoughts exactly.

If there was generalised abhorrence for this act in the muslim community, it didn't show.
I felt like those who were trotted out to give us soulful condemnation, were just paying lip service...like it was what was expected of them(or they were doing as they were told)...but really they had other thoughts in their head.
See...I said I was a cynical old bird.
It certainly didn't show to our window cleaner, or so he told me.
Old 27-05-2013, 18:16   #152
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
what this man has said is very good to hear but is it reflected in what we see in our own town alone?

its all well dressing up a muslim in western style clothing and pushing him out in front of a camera to say the things that we want to hear but my opinion that the majority of islam in the uk does not want to get along side by side with everyone else has not been altered.I say within the uk because other countries such as turkey and india have muslims that don't behave anything like muslims do in the uk.

besides to me he appeared and sounded to be indian muslim.I have internet friends on another forum who are indian muslim and their whole attitude is different to that of pakistani muslims.Maybe that's why they have nukes pointing at each other i don't know but there is a definite attitude difference towards western society as in india embraces it and pakistan not so much
The Muslim Council used to peddle out a guy called Bungaswola for a long time, think he must have been on a retainer from the BBC he was on nearly every week
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2013, 18:21   #153
God Member

im not saying this guy for definate dosnt mean what he is saying i just dont feel what he says he feels is refected in muslim communities

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2013, 18:28   #154
Resting in Peace

Quote:
i'm not saying this guy for definate dosnt mean what he is saying i just dont feel what he says he feels is refected in muslim communities
When anybody from the MCB comes on telly they're only playing lip service, but there's a fact that nobody can deny not all Muslims are terrorist, but today most terrorist are Muslim
Old 27-05-2013, 18:51   #155

Attack on soldier in woolwich

I'm not slaving anyone, just gainfully employing the townsfolk.
GEaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2013, 19:29   #156
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEaston View Post
I'm not slaving anyone, just gainfully employing the townsfolk.
I've seen the jobless figures for the borough so I don't think you're employing 'the' townsfolk, only some of them!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2013, 20:09   #157
God Member

Quote:
Call me cynical, but those are my thoughts exactly.

If there was generalised abhorrence for this act in the muslim community, it didn't show.
I felt like those who were trotted out to give us soulful condemnation, were just paying lip service...like it was what was expected of them(or they were doing as they were told)...but really they had other thoughts in their head.
See...I said I was a cynical old bird.
Ok ... you are cynical

But I'm reading lots in the British press about integrating the muslim community into the wider British community, a kinda touchy feely reaching out to them ... particularly from those who are opposing your Home Secretary's plans to get tougher on muslims, esp. those who use the internet to peddle hate. I've heard lots of criticism of her; but I think this time that she is on the right track. I believe that C of E Brits are willing to compromise, as are the Baptists, Catholics, Weslyans, Methodists, the atheists, the agnostics, and, yes, probably even the Jews. The ones who ain't willing to budge an inch are .... let's have a drum roll ... the muslims. You know followers of that medieval belief system that hasn't changed with the times. If only they would make a little move, you know, something like recognizing that women are human ... but no, with muslims, anything to do with their religion is non-negotiable. Christians have given up a whole bunch of things: not too many crusades going on any more; the Inquisition isn't too busy these days; witches aren't being burned at the stake all that often; they are prepared to believe that Earth is an oblate spheroid ... all kinds of stuff.

By the way, reading this could get arrested in several muslim countries.
accyman likes this.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2013, 20:42   #158
Beacon of light

Eric you are right...all the tolerance traffic goes in one direction.

People who come here and settle should be prepared to alter their lives(if only a little) to fit in...they should be prepared to integrate....or at the very least adopt a live and let live attitude.

The muslims will only be happy when every last one of us is subject to sharia law, and we bend the knee towards mecca(the place - not the bingo hall).
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2013, 20:44   #159
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Wow - I have a case of D in G, haven't I
In essence conceivably, but a smidgeon more flourish & suitably more impressive words.
Old 27-05-2013, 20:46   #160
God Member

even dubai that nasty little place where they like to enforce sharia law is been more tolerant of western culture.Mainly because of the millions and millions of ££££ westerners bring through that place but that would just be synical

having a reputation for been a very strict place to be i was surprised when a friend returned from dubai to learn that in certain places you can now order bacon and eat it without fear of arrest

they have to have a licence to serve bacon and it is american style bacon so not the best but its a start

mind you if your baby is conceived out of wedlock regardless or marital status at time of birth you can face prison which is why someone i know of who works out there flew home before the baby was born becasue the hospital woud have reported her

but you can get bacon

go islam your nearly getting it right lol
Eric likes this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 27-05-2013 at 20:52.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2013, 22:10   #161
I am Banned

Quote:
Eric you are right...all the tolerance traffic goes in one direction.

People who come here and settle should be prepared to alter their lives(if only a little) to fit in...they should be prepared to integrate....or at the very least adopt a live and let live attitude.

The muslims will only be happy when every last one of us is subject to sharia law, and we bend the knee towards mecca(the place - not the bingo hall).
Thats the sole pupose of all this so called imigration, they have infiltrated all the civilised country's in the world, and gaining more & more power politically, hiding behind the racist card. it may take some years, but they will achieve it if they are not stopped.
Then the infidel will be wiped out on a scale that will make Hitler look mild.
jaysay and Eric like this.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2013, 07:56   #162
Resting in Peace

Quote:
even dubai that nasty little place where they like to enforce sharia law is been more tolerant of western culture.Mainly because of the millions and millions of ££££ westerners bring through that place but that would just be cynical

having a reputation for been a very strict place to be i was surprised when a friend returned from dubai to learn that in certain places you can now order bacon and eat it without fear of arrest

they have to have a licence to serve bacon and it is american style bacon so not the best but its a start

mind you if your baby is conceived out of wedlock regardless or marital status at time of birth you can face prison which is why someone i know of who works out there flew home before the baby was born because the hospital would have reported her

but you can get bacon

go islam your nearly getting it right lol
Not in my book they aren't, they come to live here, okay practice your religious beliefs, but don't try to stuff them down everybody else's throats, if they don't like what they see here then there's always the M65 on the way to Manchester Airport, you have our permission to sod of home
Old 28-05-2013, 08:03   #163
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
When anybody from the MCB comes on telly they're only playing lip service, but there's a fact that nobody can deny not all Muslims are terrorist, but today most terrorist are Muslim
Most terrorists purport to be Muslim Jay a subtle distinction I have to make. There is a sharp distinction between that and the virus of "Islamism" with it's sinister political agendas which promote a sense of grievance and victimhood among what is a minority of Muslims.
Less likes this.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2013, 08:12   #164
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
Most terrorists purport to be Muslim Jay a subtle distinction I have to make. There is a sharp distinction between that and the virus of "Islamism" with it's sinister political agendas which promote a sense of grievance and victimhood among what is a minority of Muslims.
a Muslims a Muslim which ever way you look at it or define it
Old 28-05-2013, 08:34   #165
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Not in my book they aren't, they come to live here, okay practice your religious beliefs, but don't try to stuff them down everybody else's throats, if they don't like what they see here then there's always the M65 on the way to Manchester Airport, you have our permission to sod of home
Yeah, too right, and they can take those bloody Mormons with them as well, wandering the streets saying good morning to people in a cheery and enthusiastic manner!

Don't they know were they are?

When in the UK be miserable and ignore everyone you meet like the rest of us!

We don't need your misplaced optimism here.

Less is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..