Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree94Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-05-2013, 18:14   #196
Senior Member+

Re: Attack on soldier in woolwich

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Didn't know you could get Jeremy Kyle in Germany Dave
There is plenty of other crap that you didn't mention Jay - but that would have had you typing all night and probably going into dyslexia overload
Accrington Web
Old 28-05-2013, 18:15   #197
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Didn't know you could get Jeremy Kyle in Germany Dave
We've the satellite set up for UK freeview, so unfortunately it's receivable here, but fortunately I'm at work.
Old 28-05-2013, 18:59   #198
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
There is plenty of other crap that you didn't mention Jay - but that would have had you typing all night and probably going into dyslexia overload
Well I've plenty of time on my hands, I think, might give it a go next time the plastics are on live
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2013, 19:48   #199
I am Banned

Meanwhile back on thread:

It was reassuring to read and hear in the news tonight that
relatives of Adebolajo have issued a very courageous statement of condolence to Drummer Rigby's family saying:
"As a family, we wish to share with others our horror at the senseless killing of Lee Rigby and express our profound shame and distress that this has brought our family.
We wish to state openly that we believe that there is no place for violence in the name of religion or politics.
We believe that all right thinking members of society share this view, wherever they were born and whatever their religion and political beliefs.
We wholeheartedly condemn all those who engage in acts of terror and fully reject any suggestion by them that religion or politics can justify this kind of violence.
"We unreservedly put our faith in the rule of law and, with others, fully expect that all the perpetrators will be brought to justice under the law of the land."
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2013, 21:06   #200
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
Meanwhile back on thread:

It was reassuring to read and hear in the news tonight that
relatives of Adebolajo have issued a very courageous statement of condolence to Drummer Rigby's family saying:
"As a family, we wish to share with others our horror at the senseless killing of Lee Rigby and express our profound shame and distress that this has brought our family.
We wish to state openly that we believe that there is no place for violence in the name of religion or politics.
We believe that all right thinking members of society share this view, wherever they were born and whatever their religion and political beliefs.
We wholeheartedly condemn all those who engage in acts of terror and fully reject any suggestion by them that religion or politics can justify this kind of violence.
"We unreservedly put our faith in the rule of law and, with others, fully expect that all the perpetrators will be brought to justice under the law of the land."
Yeh it was good to hear in my view.
Old 29-05-2013, 08:39   #201
Resting in Peace

Ya it makes a nice change to here statements like that from any family which are affected, unlike the mother who defended her sons convicted of rape by trying to blame a 14 year old child
Old 30-05-2013, 11:44   #202
Senior Member+

When some goon spray painted "muslim" on a statue of a camel - which is part of a memorial for all the animals that died in the 2nd World War, as a demonstration against this incident and Muslims - it shows that there are some people in this country dumber than animals!
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2013, 12:13   #203
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
When some goon spray painted "muslim" on a statue of a camel - which is part of a memorial for all the animals that died in the 2nd World War, as a demonstration against this incident and Muslims - it shows that there are some people in this country dumber than animals!
Some people are dumber than statues too KX
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2013, 15:29   #204
God Member

what i dont get is why this islamic extreemist is only been charged with murder and not also charged with terrorism crimes

he caused terror and made no bones about why he did what he did yet its only a murder trial ?

i suppose not charging him with acts of terrorism it keeps teh governments acts of terrorism figures down

unless its only an act of terrorism if a certain number of peopel are killed ?

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2013, 15:37   #205
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
what i dont get is why this islamic extreemist is only been charged with murder and not also charged with terrorism crimes

he caused terror and made no bones about why he did what he did yet its only a murder trial ?

i suppose not charging him with acts of terrorism it keeps teh governments acts of terrorism figures down

unless its only an act of terrorism if a certain number of peopel are killed ?
Or, maybe they are going for a conviction they know they can prosecute?

Bring in terrorism and 'uman rights will give Mrs. Blair an open cheque?

Perhaps they are learning after all?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2013, 16:14   #206
God Member

good point shes like terrorisms version of an ambulance chaser.

bottom of the barrel lawyers with no self resepect

sounds about right

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2013, 17:15   #207
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Or, maybe they are going for a conviction they know they can prosecute?

Bring in terrorism and 'uman rights will give Mrs. Blair an open cheque?

Perhaps they are learning after all?
Think you've got that spot on Less, any Human Rights complications and the problems arise, if convicted he won't see the light of day again, the only problem there is it will cost millions of pounds to keep him in jail.
Old 30-05-2013, 18:13   #208
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Think you've got that spot on Less, any Human Rights complications and the problems arise, if convicted he won't see the light of day again, the only problem there is it will cost millions of pounds to keep him in jail.
Not if they place him in the normal jail population. But they won't, they will protect this piece of crap.
Old 20-06-2013, 15:17   #209
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEaston View Post
In fairness though Margaret it wouldn't surprise me if you had an aversion to unfiltered air, and purified it in your house like the late Mr Jackson..
What goes around comes around

It is an ancient celtic belief- the Law of Rebound -whatever you dish out returns threefold.

Singapore haze 2013: Residents told to stay indoors, possibly for WEEKS | Mail Online

Last edited by MargaretR; 20-06-2013 at 15:21.
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2013, 16:01   #210
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
What goes around comes around

It is an ancient celtic belief- the Law of Rebound -whatever you dish out returns threefold.

Singapore haze 2013: Residents told to stay indoors, possibly for WEEKS | Mail Online

???

That is proof of what?

Mad Cow's opinion?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..