Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree98Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-04-2013, 18:42   #106
God Member

Re: Boston Bombing

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarmouse0707 View Post
Can't really be backwards with them-that would look weird.
Might look weird, but may I have the next waltz
Gordon Booth and Sunflower49 like this.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-04-2013, 18:47   #107
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Might look weird, but may I have the next waltz
Not backward about coming forward then Eric?.... must be a colonial thing!
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2013, 19:25   #108
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
Not backward about coming forward then Eric?.... must be a colonial thing!
That's me .... just a wild colonial old fart
Old 18-04-2013, 19:34   #109
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
That's me .... just a wild colonial old fart
colonials; (kuh-loh-ne-ulls) noun 1 Persons so socially maladjusted that they would leave, or be forcibly exiled from, their homeland and family to travel across vast oceans to the uncivilized frontiers of a distant continent. 2 Persons descended from one or more persons defined in 1 and commonly retaining the characteristics thereof.

Last edited by DtheP47; 18-04-2013 at 19:37.
Old 18-04-2013, 20:09   #110
God Member

Quote:
colonials; (kuh-loh-ne-ulls) noun 1 Persons so socially maladjusted that they would leave, or be forcibly exiled from, their homeland and family to travel across vast oceans to the uncivilized frontiers of a distant continent. 2 Persons descended from one or more persons defined in 1 and commonly retaining the characteristics thereof.
Socially maladjusted colonials showing their sensitive, tender side ...

Old 18-04-2013, 21:59   #111
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
By Allahs scraggly beard & curly toed slippers how dare you ! You stinking dog of an infidel, only the religion of peace can make such outbursts.
And I will beat you with my shoe or slipper, which is a great insult
Old 18-04-2013, 22:21   #112
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
Twas only a joke Less, no offence meant, but if they`re lined up like that, then I`ve just got to knobk èm down.
i have a similar policey with jaywalkers

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2013, 22:26   #113
God Member

As we seem to have returned to talking about the religion of peace, love, and public amputations ... I'm wondering what the odds are that it was an Islamic terrorist group which was responsible. Still seems a little low tech. It's not as easy to park a van full of high explosive in Boston as it is in, say, Kabul or Damascus or anywhere in Pakistan.

By the way it crossed my mind ... short trip, eh ... that making a nuclear bomb is not all that difficult ... all you need is a can of the good stuff ... weapons grade stuff. Pay a visit to Radio Shack, and, bingo, you are in business. Oh, some assembly required. I was expecting the next big attack to be nuclear. There's also enough second hand warheads, already assembled, in Russia. I suspect lots of them are for sale. You know, some entrepreneur who wants to raise cash in order to buy a Premier League team. Perhaps terrorist groups have despaired of the BIG demonstration, and are reduced to using pressure cookers in order to express their love for god.
Alan Varrechia likes this.
Old 19-04-2013, 01:26   #114

God a touchy subject for you then Eric? I guess so - you are afterall a God Member.

I expect Boston was an Islamic group. The photos look like it, and I don't believe they can organise anything larger these days without being uncovered.
GEaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2013, 07:36   #115
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

So God member Eric, Yeh can't beat a know it all,that knows nowt. These bombers must be crapping themselves,if hes on there tail.
Old 19-04-2013, 07:54   #116
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEaston View Post
God a touchy subject for you then Eric? I guess so - you are afterall a God Member.

I expect Boston was an Islamic group. The photos look like it, and I don't believe they can organise anything larger these days without being uncovered.
They don't need large. I think lots of small attacks would be more scary than a large one every few years.

I think America has been very lucky (and the UK). I think it would be almost impossible to stop a small group (3 or 4) who decide between themselves to do something like this. Its when there is a large group involved with the strings being pulled from abroad that the authorities manage to uncover it.

Our borders are so open almost anyone could walk in and blow us up.
Old 19-04-2013, 07:59   #117
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
They don't need large. I think lots of small attacks would be more scary than a large one every few years.

I think America has been very lucky (and the UK). I think it would be almost impossible to stop a small group (3 or 4) who decide between themselves to do something like this. Its when there is a large group involved with the strings being pulled from abroad that the authorities manage to uncover it.

They haven't wasted much time in coming up with two dodgy looking suspects from Mondays bombing, both with a middle eastern look about them, over this side of the pond we'd still be pondering whether or not we were infringing their human rights
GEaston likes this.
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2013, 08:16   #118
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post

I say this only as an observation and with a little sprinkling of irony Neil

Boston of course has massive roots back to a Terrorist organisation just across the Irish sea to us and it is on record massive contributions were sent across from there to support them. Indeed even now the Orange White and Green tri-colour is very prominent over there, maybe not now but they did used to go round with Republican collecting tins in sympathetic pubs and bars.
Old 19-04-2013, 08:17   #119
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

It's America, it doesn't matter if they are the ones or not they just need to fit someone up to make the locals feel good about it. They are terrorists so have no rights in the US except the right to a free trip to Cuba
Old 19-04-2013, 08:23   #120
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
I say this only as an observation and with a little sprinkling of irony Neil

Boston of course has massive roots back to a Terrorist organisation just across the Irish sea to us and it is on record massive contributions were sent across from there to support them. Indeed even now the Orange White and Green tri-colour is very prominent over there, maybe not now but they did used to go round with Republican collecting tins in sympathetic pubs and bars.
Oh no now you have done it!!

Our local conspiracy theorist will be on soon saying it was a revenge attack by some Manc's with a pressure cooker full of Black Cat bangers for the 1996 Manchester bombing (unless she thinks it was a Manchester City council secret plan to regenerate the centre of Manchester.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..