Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree98Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-04-2013, 18:36   #196
I am Banned

Re: Boston Bombing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
He may not make it into court. At least, not in the ususal way. It's worth noting that he has not been read his Miranda rights on the basis of what the US authorities call a "public safety exemption". This means that he does not have "the right to remain silent." Nor does he have the right to an attorney. Also, some Republicans are calling for him to be declared "an enemy combatant" ... this means ... well, you can figure it out.
A tiny corner of Cuba that is forever USA beckons young Tsarnaev I reckon Dr E with as much scopolamine as he can drink prior to bit of water-boarding ....

Last edited by DtheP47; 20-04-2013 at 18:39.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-04-2013, 18:38   #197
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Tinks was the Big Bad Wolf.
Even worse than being the Big Bad Wolf, she is an honorary dingle now
Old 20-04-2013, 18:41   #198
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Even worse than being the Big Bad Wolf, she is an honorary dingle now
Is that like an oxymoron Neil?
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2013, 19:42   #199
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
Is that like an oxymoron Neil?
Of course she isn't, she is a nice girl
Old 20-04-2013, 20:24   #200
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
A tiny corner of Cuba that is forever USA beckons young Tsarnaev I reckon Dr E with as much scopolamine as he can drink prior to bit of water-boarding ....
I think Gitmo is out of the question right now ... it's under the microscope, and the gun, big time. He probably won't get any farther than Langley. Also, seems like the "public safety exemption" is being seriously questioned. Obviously, the ACLU is not happy with it; and they are being joined by many in the US legal community. (Expect the ususal remarks from our fav tory parrot, with, of course, the obliga-tory comments about Blair's old lady ... Oh, and there will be some sort of conspiracy theory argument thrown up)

I do see problems with the messages sent out by the response of law enforcement ... and the whole media thing in general. If I were a terrorist ... I do have the beard, but, unfortunately, not the energy and the interest ... I would be more than happy to see how much can be accomplished by so little (I'm not in any way attempting to trivialize the deaths and the injuries ... just talking of "scale") Two men ... well, a man and a teen shut down an urban area of over one million souls. Not a bad return on their investment. I expect to see more of these attacks.

It's difficult to draw positives from this cowardly act without seeming compassionless; but it has to be done. Lessons have to be learned, action undertaken. We can draw comfort from the fact that such actions are becoming harder and harder to commit. Increasingly, for the perps, there is nowhere to run, nowhere to hide. Maybe we can look for more co-operation between the U.S. and Russia, which also has had a few problems with muslims in the Caucasus. Perhaps, most importantly, the West, in fact all civilized nations, will realize that there is a war going on, and that militant Islam has to be challenged wherever it appears. No more fear about being labelled a "rascist" or an "islamophobe" just because one denounces acts of terror, attacks on freedom of speech, the dehumanization of more than 50% of the world's population, the barbaric acts of a savage Sharia law ... well, you get the picture.
Boeing Guy likes this.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2013, 22:37   #201

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Quote:
It's difficult to draw positives from this cowardly act without seeming compassionless; but it has to be done. Lessons have to be learned, action undertaken. We can draw comfort from the fact that such actions are becoming harder and harder to commit. Increasingly, for the perps, there is nowhere to run, nowhere to hide. Maybe we can look for more co-operation between the U.S. and Russia, which also has had a few problems with muslims in the Caucasus. Perhaps, most importantly, the West, in fact all civilized nations, will realize that there is a war going on, and that militant Islam has to be challenged wherever it appears. No more fear about being labelled a "rascist" or an "islamophobe" just because one denounces acts of terror, attacks on freedom of speech, the dehumanization of more than 50% of the world's population, the barbaric acts of a savage Sharia law ... well, you get the picture.
Yeah but we need to be very careful not to target the innocent with the guilty.

Lets look at the typical reaction of the average republican view that all things muslim are bad..

After Boston, we should put Muslims under surveillance, says Rep. King ? MSNBC

(apparently the republicans didn't learn anything from putting everyone with eyes that weren't horizontal in internment camps after pearl harbour)

Then look at the alternative view..

BBC News - Boston bombings: Muslim Americans await bomber's ID

Timothy McVey wasn't a muslim, neither was Anders Brevik, nor was the dipstick at Sandy Hook. The media goes to great lengths to dehumanise the muslims, its backed up by the vocal moronic minority who commit acts of terrorism or scream about jihad from the comfort of their council house in Peckham.

Not one single newspaper had 'christian goes mad at sandy hook' as a headline, yet 'muslims bomb Boston' seems perfectly acceptable..way I see it, headlines in both cases should read 'people killed by insane maniac/s'

As for 'sharia law'..well just look at some of the posts on this thread regarding what should happen to the perpetrators of this crime, and then argue that only muslims want savage retribution enshrined in their laws.
egg&chips and Alan Varrechia like this.
Old 20-04-2013, 22:41   #202
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Depends on yer point of view Guinness, I don't regard n "Eye Fer n Eye" as savage retribution, If found guilty.
jaysay, Boeing Guy and BERNADETTE like this.
Old 21-04-2013, 01:07   #203
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
'

As for 'sharia law'..well just look at some of the posts on this thread regarding what should happen to the perpetrators of this crime, and then argue that only muslims want savage retribution enshrined in their laws.
its like what I see on facebook- I always see pics that say "bring back hanging" etc and then same people share "white and proud say no to sharia law"... Some of these trashy people would probably like sharia law if it was a "white" law....
Old 21-04-2013, 07:46   #204

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
its like what I see on facebook- I always see pics that say "bring back hanging" etc and then same people share "white and proud say no to sharia law"... Some of these trashy people would probably like sharia law if it was a "white" law....
True Restless, you would expect facebook to allow xenophobes around the world to unite.
egg&chips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2013, 07:49   #205
Resting in Peace

Quote:
He may not make it into court. At least, not in the ususal way. It's worth noting that he has not been read his Miranda rights on the basis of what the US authorities call a "public safety exemption". This means that he does not have "the right to remain silent." Nor does he have the right to an attorney. Also, some Republicans are calling for him to be declared "an enemy combatant" ... this means ... well, you can figure it out.
Orange suit and of to Gidmo hay Eric
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2013, 08:03   #206
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Depends on yer point of view Guinness, I don't regard n "Eye Fer n Eye" as savage retribution, If found guilty.
Me neither, it never happens over here but they seem to have the right idea over the pond. Why keep a murdering scumbag behind bars living the life of riley, screws call you Mr. no bills, all mod cons 3 square a day, all costing the tax payer millions of pounds.
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2013, 10:05   #207
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post

theres a big difference between dishing out a suitable punishment and sharia law

dragging this idiot to the scene of his work where he killed and seriously injured people thus saving an expensive trial isnt too bad an idea

sharia law dictates that if a woman is married and is raped by another man she gets stoned to death for been unfaithfull infact sharia law dosnt really work out too well for women in general they usually end up dead

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2013, 10:17   #208
God Member

mind you sharia law has the right idea for pedos .Saville wouldnt have lived as long as he did for sure

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2013, 11:48   #209
God Member

Patsies rarely live long.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2013, 13:25   #210
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
Whole world of difference between sharia & capital punishment Rob. I really couldn't be bothered with digging out examples & comparisons, it's sufficient to say that they're there if you have a quick google.

Hanging in UK was for murder, the rest of the offences you were imprisoned, dependent on the crime that decided the duration of incarceration. Sharia not only has the death sentence (stoning, decapitation, hanging) which is applied for various "criminal acts", they also use mutilation, maiming & flogging as punishment.

There's a link added as a quick point of reference to various punishments & if you notice not all, but most of these are used by Countries with an Islamic grounding & Sharia law.

The 13 Most Brutal and Inhumane Judicial Punishments Still Used Today
Restless likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..