Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-09-2011, 07:36   #256
Super Moderator

Re: Lap Dance Club

Welcome back, Anne, and always bear Margaret's words in mind - "it's not real life". It really is just words on a computer screen!

I couldn't interest you in coming to watch a struggling local football club, could I?
Old 24-09-2011, 07:41   #257

Smile Re: Lap Dance Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Welcome back, Anne, and always bear Margaret's words in mind - "it's not real life". It really is just words on a computer screen!

I couldn't interest you in coming to watch a struggling local football club, could I?
I didn't know you were a Blackburn Rovers fan, Steve!
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2011, 07:46   #258
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1954 View Post
Now real life or not real life, that's an insult!
Old 24-09-2011, 07:55   #259
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1954 View Post
Nah ... I think he means the Saskatchewan Roughriders, 4-7 on the season
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2011, 08:29   #260
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by annesingleton View Post
Hello again, please don't be horrible to me again, I think we may have been at crossed purposes, my intention was not to insult anyone or to preach morality, I'm the last person to do that! I obviously wanted to know what people had to say about my hissy fit, but I initially logged back in to reply to a very nice private email I received asking me not to stop posting. I wasn't sure what to do but I've decided to give it another go. I'm actually a very tolerant person and I think people have got the wrong impression of me, perhaps it's to do with my lack of experience of being involved in sites like this - you can say things to people you know and they know where you're coming from, but when it's the written word and strangers it's a different matter - equally some of your comments could have been construed as bullying without you really realising. I'd really like to carry on posting and I can cope with confrontation and alternative opinions and I don't mind being shot down in flames if something I'm saying is out of order. As for the riff raff comment, it wasn't intended for the general population of Accrington / Hyndburn, but rather the people who I'm sure we're all aware of who my work colleagues comment on as well, who are evident in the town centre on a daily basis. I'm aware it might have been an inappropriate comment, and I apologise.
All I was trying to say is that Accrington should have more to offer and could be so much more, there may be a place for a lapdancing club but in the centre of a relatively small place like Accrington and above an Italian reataurant? Don't ask me how to go about changing things because I'm no expert but I would like someone to look at the model which is Skipton (I've discussed this with my family who have brought the idea up) and quite similar to Accrington, and quite a tourist destination! I might be talking rubbish but think about it before dissing it.
And just to be controversial, I haven't even mentioned the topic of the sexual exploitation of young women, but don't get carried away please!!! (Don't shoot me down in flames I'm being controversial!)
Very good post Ann, glad you've changed your mind and decided to carry on as an active member of Accy Web
Old 24-09-2011, 08:31   #261
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Ya even I'd treat that as in insult and I am one
Old 24-09-2011, 08:32   #262
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Nah ... I think he means the Saskatchewan Roughriders, 4-7 on the season
Still on about wrestling with clubs Eric
Old 24-09-2011, 15:08   #263
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I think the internet is the most difficult tool to use,

subtle nuances of language and almost certainly body language. None of this is apparant when you use the internet......

This is especially so when you are a new member and have not yet got to grips with the internet personas of the people who post on here.

This isn't real life...it is virtual reality.....

Enjoy posting....
Quote:
Quote:
Now Wynn, Anne is still new to this lark & finding her way around, now after the encouragement she's been given maybe that was a little go at joining in the banter ? Or she's genuinely not aware of your undying loyalty to the mighty Stanley as yet mate.
Old 24-09-2011, 16:29   #264
God Member

Let's go back on thread.

Is there really a market in Accy for young men to spend £10pds a time to obtain a close-up view of a gyrating, naked (and no doubt tattooed) bottom of a young lady from some east european country?

I think not. The only way this enterprise can be a successful one is to appeal to outside punters to visit the town in the form of a stag night group, get drunk in one of Accy's dubious drinking holes, proceed to the said venue and in the process start differences of opinion invariably leading to fisticuffs and the intervention of Lancashire's finest.

That in itself will go further to distorting police priorities (it is already bad enough that 40% of all uniformed policing time is spent on controlling friday and saturday night town centre drinking escapades). That will mean additional policing costs, resources directed away from what should be higher priorities (such as stealing lead from church roofs), higher insurance costs and longer waiting times should you require emergency treatment on a weekend night.

That's all on top of which, as a taxpayer, you are already paying for this nonsense. Some 15 or 20 years ago these places first popped up in London aimed at clientele with lots of money to burn. Those people were bankers and their customers and the aim was to keep 'em entertained and sign 'em up to the latest financial scam. The cost of that has now come home and we are all paying dearly.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2011, 20:18   #265
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I am glad you have come back Anne.
I think the internet is the most difficult tool to use, to get a point across in a discussion.
In speech you use facial expression, subtle nuances of language and almost certainly body language. None of this is apparant when you use the internet.......so it is very very easy to be misinterpreted.
This is especially so when you are a new member and have not yet got to grips with the internet personas of the people who post on here.
Please do not let this experience put you off. I think from what you have posted, that you are perhaps an older lady(like myself)....and have a lot of life experience.......use it to cope with whatever people throw at you. This isn't real life...it is virtual reality.......something which is different to real life.
Enjoy posting.....see it for what it is......a diversion from everyday life.
There is room for every shade of opinion, just because someone doesn't subscribe to your opinion doesn't make either of you wrong.
Let's ignore the irony of Tealeaf leading us back to the thread for some serious discussion, and complliment you on a mostly excellent post.

However, what's this "older lady" stuff ... doesn't sound like you at all. Is that "older lady" as in Ena Sharples?
Old 24-09-2011, 20:23   #266

. . . or even Minnie Caldwell?
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2011, 20:58   #267
Beacon of light

Well, perhaps not Ena Sharples...or Minnie Caldwell.....I do remember both of those characters very well. That might give you an indication of my elderly status........I would like to think more on the lines of Helen Mirren(age wise that is), but not nearly as glamourous.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2011, 21:02   #268
Beacon of light

Oh, and Eric, thank you for the compliment.......I am glad you liked my post(even though I did spell apparent wrong, I think I have caught whatever it is, that Jaysay has got).
Old 24-09-2011, 21:04   #269
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Still on about wrestling with clubs Eric
Nah ... different sport. Riderville.com | Official Site of the Saskatchewan Roughriders - It's a lot like lap dancing, only with a ball. Sorry, about that; I had to try to keep on topic, in case Tealeaf starts tearing out his hair
Old 24-09-2011, 21:13   #270
Beacon of light

What Hair?...He hasn't got any...or that is what I am led to believe.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..