Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-04-2012, 15:01   #391
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Lap Dance Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by annesingleton View Post
At the risk of being shot down in flames again and accused of being in cahoots with Kevin Logan, I still don't think that Accrington is the right place for a lap dancing club, especially when it's above quite a nice restaurant.
Pray tell us where is the "Right Place"?
Old 13-04-2012, 15:13   #392
Give, give, give member

I can see a heavenly bolt of lightning, and the fires of Hell blazing on Blackburn Road, before Whitsun's out.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2012, 15:26   #393
Give, give, give member

Quote:
I still don't think that Accrington is the right place for a lap dancing club
I agree. As I said, way back when the thread started.

Not something I'd invest in.

Already a saturated market.

Though I wish any new venture, which creates jobs in the town, the best of luck, and prove that I'm wrong, by being a roaring success.

Old 13-04-2012, 16:00   #394
God Member

to be honest the only dancer accy ever needed was dancing billy.He was an attractioin in himself and never caused any fuss

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2012, 19:10   #395

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Pray tell us where is the "Right Place"?
Somewhere bigger than Accrington where it would blend in better, although I don't suppose it makes much difference to me anyway because I never go into Accrington in the evening. But we have been to Quattro's early evening for my grand daughter's birthday which was very nice, we won't be going again if there's a lap dancing club open upstairs.
annesingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2012, 19:19   #396
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Somewhere bigger than Accrington where it would blend in better, although I don't suppose it makes much difference to me anyway because I never go into Accrington in the evening. But we have been to Quattro's early evening for my grand daughter's birthday which was very nice, we won't be going again if there's a lap dancing club open upstairs.
Whilst i certainly wouldn't be seen dead in the place, i fail to see were accy is any better n any other town that has one? n also if it employs some of the thousands outa work around here, i cannot object.
Old 13-04-2012, 19:23   #397

I agree that it will provide employment which is a plus, we'll just have to wait and see how it goes. We might end up being the new stag night capital of the North West!
Old 13-04-2012, 19:26   #398
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
I agree that it will provide employment which is a plus, we'll just have to wait and see how it goes. We might end up being the new stag night capital of the North West!
Doubt that very much, no-ones flocked to Accy since Joe Morts Closed.
Old 13-04-2012, 19:31   #399

Quote:
Doubt that very much, no-ones flocked to Accy since Joe Morts Closed.
I just had to ask where and what Joe Morts was and when it closed, I've just had a potted history!
Old 13-04-2012, 19:40   #400
Give, give, give member

Quote:
The ones I used to walk past every day, in London, and Glasgow, were very understated. You wouldn't know what they were from the outside, they were so discreet.

They're not usually like the knockin' shops you find in in Amsterdam. In your face...so to speak.

Lap dancing clubs aren't necessarily relying on passing trade quite so much, compared to other licenced premises. People tend to plan to visit places like this in advance.

I'm sure people will find the bloomers hanging up in Marks and Sparks, will be much more titillating, than the outside of this new business.

Old 13-04-2012, 19:44   #401
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
i certainly wouldn't be seen dead in the place,
Stiff ?
Old 13-04-2012, 20:04   #402

Blackburn had a lapdancing bar, it has now gone. The only people going in were Asian's who were only drinking orange juice and the likes.
Kevin Logan just likes to get his name in the paper.
I'll give it 'til Christmas, and there will be a to let sign outside
stetrovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2012, 20:37   #403
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stetrovers View Post
Blackburn had a lapdancing bar, it has now gone. The only people going in were Asian's who were only drinking orange juice and the likes.
Kevin Logan just likes to get his name in the paper.
I'll give it 'til Christmas, and there will be a to let sign outside
Logan never did get back to me, when he popped up on here once.

When I wanted to know if he still thought HIV was God punishing 'sinners'. Which he'd claimed in the eighties.

Seeing as there have been thousands, of presumably innocent children, who've died since then, due to having had the disease.

Quieter than a priest, patrolling the dorms in a religious boarding school.

Deadly silent.

Odd, that.

Old 13-04-2012, 21:25   #404
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
I just had to ask where and what Joe Morts was and when it closed, I've just had a potted history!
Joe Morts was a dance hall on Blackburn Rd, Upstairs next to what was The Big Crown, I referred to it in regards to yer comment of possibly being the Stag Night Capital, People used to come from as far as Blackpool/ Manchester/Preston etc,to the Morts, in later years La-De- Dahs attracted folk, mainly from local towns, so not a real comparison, Morts was a RocknRoll dance hall, think it closed down mid-late 60s, it never sold alcohol n that was becoming the trend in nightspots, so i think contributed to its closure. By the way Anne remember the owd pub on abbey street, was closed down awhile n then some bright spark re-opened it as a Topless Bar, think it only lasted 2/3 years? I reckon this Lap Dancing place will do well to last that long.
Old 14-04-2012, 09:13   #405
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Joe Morts was a dance hall on Blackburn Rd, Upstairs next to what was The Big Crown, I referred to it in regards to yer comment of possibly being the Stag Night Capital, People used to come from as far as Blackpool/ Manchester/Preston etc,to the Morts, in later years La-De- Dahs attracted folk, mainly from local towns, so not a real comparison, Morts was a Rock n Roll dance hall, think it closed down mid-late 60s, it never sold alcohol n that was becoming the trend in nightspots, so i think contributed to its closure. By the way Anne remember the owd pub on abbey street, was closed down awhile n then some bright spark re-opened it as a Topless Bar, think it only lasted 2/3 years? I reckon this Lap Dancing place will do well to last that long.
Which pub was that cashy, the Topless Barand when was it. Know that topless bars were all the go in London in the early seventies, the Old Kent Road was full of um, but Accy can't recall that.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..