Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-09-2011, 21:21   #271
God Member

Re: Lap Dance Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
What Hair?...He hasn't got any...or that is what I am led to believe.
I know That's why I mentioned it A little Canadian subtlety
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-09-2011, 21:23   #272
Beacon of light

He's going to love you!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2011, 21:39   #273
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by margaret pilkington View Post
well, perhaps not ena sharples...or minnie caldwell.....i do remember both of those characters very well. That might give you an indication of my elderly status........i would like to think more on the lines of helen mirren(age wise that is), but not nearly as glamourous.
let us not knock ourselves margaret -we don't get any air-brushing -what you see is what you get! It doesn't droop when the botox has finished its effect and we stand the test without the make-up.....a little gentle lighting and we can give any of them a run for their money....:d

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence

Last edited by mobertol; 24-09-2011 at 21:40. Reason: SMILEY IS NOT WORKING -NEVER MIND!
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2011, 21:45   #274
God Member

Quote:
He's going to love you!
Angels and ministers of grace defend us

And lap dancers too
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2011, 09:00   #275
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
let us not knock ourselves margaret -we don't get any air-brushing -what you see is what you get! It doesn't droop when the botox has finished its effect and we stand the test without the make-up.....a little gentle lighting and we can give any of them a run for their money....:d
Oh.....I am definitely not knocking myself. I am just stating a fact.
I am really glad I don't have to give them a run for their money.....looks are a passing thing, experience and personality....now those are the enduring qualities.
Old 25-09-2011, 09:11   #276
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post

I think not. The only way this enterprise can be a successful one is to appeal to outside punters to visit the town in the form of a stag night group, get drunk in one of Accy's dubious drinking holes, proceed to the said venue and in the process start differences of opinion invariably leading to fisticuffs and the intervention of Lancashire's finest.

Well at least they'll be able to get a good slap up meal at Spoons before they hit the night life scene
Old 25-09-2011, 09:13   #277
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Well, perhaps not Ena Sharples...or Minnie Caldwell.....I do remember both of those characters very well. That might give you an indication of my elderly status........I would like to think more on the lines of Helen Mirren(age wise that is), but not nearly as glamourous.
No never put you down as a Milk Stout person either Margaret, maybe an odd Guinness, but milk stout
Old 25-09-2011, 09:15   #278
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Oh, and Eric, thank you for the compliment.......I am glad you liked my post(even though I did spell apparent wrong, I think I have caught whatever it is, that Jaysay has got).
And there was me thinking you could cure me
Old 25-09-2011, 09:49   #279
Beacon of light

I can Jaysay, I can......but it means confiscating your keyboard.
As for the Guiness........eeewwww, horrible stuff.......a lovely strong cup of tea, a splash of milk and a couple of sweeteners and I'm happy.
I can act daft without the strong stuff.
Old 25-09-2011, 10:52   #280
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I can Jaysay, I can......but it means confiscating your keyboard.
As for the Guiness........eeewwww, horrible stuff.......a lovely strong cup of tea, a splash of milk and a couple of sweeteners and I'm happy.
I can act daft without the strong stuff.
Margaret, I'll tell you there's nout wrong with my keyboard (its virtually new)Its the guy using it that's the problem
Old 25-09-2011, 11:29   #281
Beacon of light

well, I knew that........I was trying Eric's ploy of being subtle..........but taking the keyboard away would cure you....you would have to use a speech recognition program
Old 25-09-2011, 15:52   #282
Resting in Peace

Quote:
well, I knew that........I was trying Eric's ploy of being subtle..........but taking the keyboard away would cure you....you would have to use a speech recognition program
Don't think they've designed one for gibberish Margaret
Old 25-09-2011, 17:14   #283

Quote:
Well, perhaps not Ena Sharples...or Minnie Caldwell.....I do remember both of those characters very well. That might give you an indication of my elderly status........I would like to think more on the lines of Helen Mirren(age wise that is), but not nearly as glamourous.

Thank you Margaret and everyone else for your comments - yes I am a 'slightly' older lady and I think your Helen Mirren comment is very appropriate for ladies of our age (you have to make the effort, but if only...!)
annesingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2011, 21:34   #284
God Member

I am more like Thora Hird
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 47486_1556543643730_1539402775_31380661_8022754_n.jpg (4.7 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg thora.jpg (4.9 KB, 2 views)

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2011, 08:52   #285
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by annesingleton View Post
Thank you Margaret and everyone else for your comments - yes I am a 'slightly' older lady and I think your Helen Mirren comment is very appropriate for ladies of our age (you have to make the effort, but if only...!)
There's lots to the saying many a good tune is played on an old fiddle Anne, there are lots of women who were very plain Jane in early life but matured into beautiful women. Sue Barker, Shirley Bassey, and even Carol Vorderman, were very plain and ordinary when younger and I'm sure their are lots of women not in everyday spotlight are the same. Just a pity the same thing can't be said about us blokes, we go bald, and usually sport bear bellies in later life

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..