Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-09-2011, 21:39   #241
Give, give, give member

Re: Lap Dance Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkinman221 View Post
I didnt know there would be bumping AND grinding that changes everything
Step into the booth, and draw the curtain.

I'll send the lovely (Ten-Ton) Tessie through, just as soon as I've swiped your card Sir.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-09-2011, 21:46   #242

Does this mean our group outing to I-Candy is now cancelled?
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2011, 21:56   #243
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
It's a forum, people come, people go. Some people join, cause a bit of controversy, then flounce off when it rebounds on them, others shrug it off and carry on regardless to become one of the gang. That's human nature. As for the two longstanding members who don't post anymore, that's unfortunate, but a heck of a lot more longstanding members ARE still here and active.

As for Anne, well, she informed us on Monday that she "wouldn't be visiting this forum again". However, she dropped in yesterday and today. Who knows? She might start posting again!
yep i noticed her lurking yesterday, would hope she comes back posting, at least she stood by her view, which is more n can be said fer some,certainly aint a sheep,as regards following the herd. yeh never know.
Old 21-09-2011, 22:50   #244
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
yep i noticed her lurking yesterday, would hope she comes back posting, at least she stood by her view, which is more n can be said fer some,certainly aint a sheep,as regards following the herd. yeh never know.
Sheep come in flocks, not herds (ok, I know what imperial measure elephants come in), and Scotsmen start to find them attractive after the first drink And to stay on topic, I wonder if sheep are put to work in Scottish lap dancing clubs; and I wonder what PETA have to say about it. And I'm going to take my ball and go home.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2011, 06:38   #245
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I can also list the many, who started here by gobbing off, and who were pulled up and challenged, but stayed.

You have a bloody good memory
Old 22-09-2011, 06:43   #246
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Ya the lurkers forget that they are noticeable if they sign in even if they keep stum
Old 23-09-2011, 21:23   #247

Hello again, please don't be horrible to me again, I think we may have been at crossed purposes, my intention was not to insult anyone or to preach morality, I'm the last person to do that! I obviously wanted to know what people had to say about my hissy fit, but I initially logged back in to reply to a very nice private email I received asking me not to stop posting. I wasn't sure what to do but I've decided to give it another go. I'm actually a very tolerant person and I think people have got the wrong impression of me, perhaps it's to do with my lack of experience of being involved in sites like this - you can say things to people you know and they know where you're coming from, but when it's the written word and strangers it's a different matter - equally some of your comments could have been construed as bullying without you really realising. I'd really like to carry on posting and I can cope with confrontation and alternative opinions and I don't mind being shot down in flames if something I'm saying is out of order. As for the riff raff comment, it wasn't intended for the general population of Accrington / Hyndburn, but rather the people who I'm sure we're all aware of who my work colleagues comment on as well, who are evident in the town centre on a daily basis. I'm aware it might have been an inappropriate comment, and I apologise.
All I was trying to say is that Accrington should have more to offer and could be so much more, there may be a place for a lapdancing club but in the centre of a relatively small place like Accrington and above an Italian reataurant? Don't ask me how to go about changing things because I'm no expert but I would like someone to look at the model which is Skipton (I've discussed this with my family who have brought the idea up) and quite similar to Accrington, and quite a tourist destination! I might be talking rubbish but think about it before dissing it.
And just to be controversial, I haven't even mentioned the topic of the sexual exploitation of young women, but don't get carried away please!!! (Don't shoot me down in flames I'm being controversial!)
annesingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2011, 21:40   #248
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by annesingleton View Post
Hello again, please don't be horrible to me again, I think we may have been at crossed purposes, my intention was not to insult anyone or to preach morality, I'm the last person to do that! I obviously wanted to know what people had to say about my hissy fit, but I initially logged back in to reply to a very nice private email I received asking me not to stop posting. I wasn't sure what to do but I've decided to give it another go. I'm actually a very tolerant person and I think people have got the wrong impression of me, perhaps it's to do with my lack of experience of being involved in sites like this - you can say things to people you know and they know where you're coming from, but when it's the written word and strangers it's a different matter - equally some of your comments could have been construed as bullying without you really realising. I'd really like to carry on posting and I can cope with confrontation and alternative opinions and I don't mind being shot down in flames if something I'm saying is out of order. As for the riff raff comment, it wasn't intended for the general population of Accrington / Hyndburn, but rather the people who I'm sure we're all aware of who my work colleagues comment on as well, who are evident in the town centre on a daily basis. I'm aware it might have been an inappropriate comment, and I apologise.
All I was trying to say is that Accrington should have more to offer and could be so much more, there may be a place for a lapdancing club but in the centre of a relatively small place like Accrington and above an Italian reataurant? Don't ask me how to go about changing things because I'm no expert but I would like someone to look at the model which is Skipton (I've discussed this with my family who have brought the idea up) and quite similar to Accrington, and quite a tourist destination! I might be talking rubbish but think about it before dissing it.
And just to be controversial, I haven't even mentioned the topic of the sexual exploitation of young women, but don't get carried away please!!! (Don't shoot me down in flames I'm being controversial!)
Welcome back
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2011, 21:44   #249

Thank you
Old 23-09-2011, 22:00   #250
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by annesingleton View Post
Hello again, please don't be horrible to me again,
Keep rubbing in the cream & you'll soon have a skin thick enough to cope with any stick you get in future Anne.
Old 23-09-2011, 22:25   #251

I rub in the cream every day to make the skin soft not thick! I just hope I can cope with the stick!
Old 23-09-2011, 22:33   #252

Welcome back, Anne.
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2011, 22:47   #253

Thank you Michael 1954, I wasn't sure whether I should post again, but so far I'm glad I did.
Old 24-09-2011, 06:43   #254
Beacon of light

I am glad you have come back Anne.
I think the internet is the most difficult tool to use, to get a point across in a discussion.
In speech you use facial expression, subtle nuances of language and almost certainly body language. None of this is apparant when you use the internet.......so it is very very easy to be misinterpreted.
This is especially so when you are a new member and have not yet got to grips with the internet personas of the people who post on here.
Please do not let this experience put you off. I think from what you have posted, that you are perhaps an older lady(like myself)....and have a lot of life experience.......use it to cope with whatever people throw at you. This isn't real life...it is virtual reality.......something which is different to real life.
Enjoy posting.....see it for what it is......a diversion from everyday life.
There is room for every shade of opinion, just because someone doesn't subscribe to your opinion doesn't make either of you wrong.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 24-09-2011 at 06:45.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2011, 06:52   #255
Give, give, give member

Welcome back Anne, and that's meant genuinely.

'Sexual exploitation of young women'?

Today's post-feminist women have choice.

Many who work at lap dancing clubs would probably say it was the men who visit such clubs who were the sexually exploited.

Many will find the working hours fit in with their lives.

Plus, compared to working somewhere for the minimum wage, what they earn dancing handsomely funds their family responsibilities, or perhaps pays for their way through university.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..