Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2011, 09:47   #331
Resting in Peace

Re: Lap Dance Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
There is an article in the Guardian today reviewing a book in which the dancers reveal 'their side of the story'
The truth about life as a lap-dancer | Life and style | The Guardian

It sounds rather 'seedy'
Ya I would think reading the Guardian is Margaret
Old 11-11-2011, 11:35   #332
God Member

I think Accy should think itself licky that its going to have one lap dancing club. They're shutting 'em all down here:

BBC News - Could the East End become a strip-club free zone?

That's what happens when you get sharia law. Still, I suppose Accy will be the same in about 5 years. So enjoy it while you can.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 13:54   #333
I am Banned

Groove has inside knowledge about a ladies only night at the new lap-dance club. Groove has been invited to take part in a chippendales/ full monte type dance troupe and is looking forward to it. He may be able to arrange complimentary tickets for the ladies of Accyweb if they speak to him nicely.
groove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 14:31   #334
Give, give, give member

I've no moral objection to the place opening here.

People do muckier, harder, more demeaning jobs, than shaking your wobbly bits, to earn a crust.

I still think it's not something I'd invest in.

It's an already saturated market place, and I don't think Accrington's much of a draw as a stag party destination, compared to Prague, Amsterdam, or even Blackpool.

Locals will soon find the novelty wears off, when they see the price they're paying for their pints, and they realise they can watch girls jiggle for free, in every other bar and pub in Accy.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 18:04   #335
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I've no moral objection to the place opening here.

People do muckier, harder, more demeaning jobs, than shaking your wobbly bits, to earn a crust.

I still think it's not something I'd invest in.

It's an already saturated market place, and I don't think Accrington's much of a draw as a stag party destination, compared to Prague, Amsterdam, or even Blackpool.

Locals will soon find the novelty wears off, when they see the price they're paying for their pints, and they realise they can watch girls jiggle for free, in every other bar and pub in Accy.

Wonder if the dancers will have the price on the soles or their shoes
Old 11-11-2011, 18:08   #336
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Wonder if the dancers will have the price on the soles or their shoes
Spoken like a true ex-Old Bank regular!
Old 11-11-2011, 18:49   #337
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Spoken like a true ex-Old Bank regular!
Too right Wyn too right, you have to remember my mate was the landlord there once
Old 11-11-2011, 18:53   #338
God Member

If we've got all these 'pound stores' in Accy.....then maybe it's a 'pound' per lap dance?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 18:56   #339
Senior Member+

The Rev Kev's set up in the town centre last Sat was a trestle table and some posters that said ( and I quote, no word of a lie) "Petition for lap dance club" so the 600+ folk who have allegedly signed it might well have been in favour!
I am sick of him sticking his holier than thou nose into everything; the place would generate business rates for the council and apparently create 22 jobs as well as potentially helping the town's flagging nightlife.
If he doesn't like, don't go there, I can't imagine him sticking a tenner down some dancer's thong.
This is the same bloke who once called me a satanist for wearing a t-shirt with the name of a heavy metal band on it, get real Kev.
Old 11-11-2011, 19:07   #340
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod View Post
The Rev Kev's set up in the town centre last Sat was a trestle table and some posters that said ( and I quote, no word of a lie) "Petition for lap dance club" so the 600+ folk who have allegedly signed it might well have been in favour!
I am sick of him sticking his holier than thou nose into everything; the place would generate business rates for the council and apparently create 22 jobs as well as potentially helping the town's flagging nightlife.
If he doesn't like, don't go there, I can't imagine him sticking a tenner down some dancer's thong.
This is the same bloke who once called me a satanist for wearing a t-shirt with the name of a heavy metal band on it, get real Kev.
He knows you well then linds.How are the rest of the coven by the way
Old 11-11-2011, 19:07   #341
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Lindsay he's a fruit and nut case, its easy really, if you don't like it don't go, simples
Old 11-11-2011, 19:08   #342
Senior Member+

Yep no likee no lookiee
Old 11-11-2011, 19:36   #343
Give, give, give member

Quote:
I saw him there too.

I gave him my evil eyed stare.

I was just about to go and overturn his trestle table, when I started talking in tongues.

Exhausted, I had to go and look for somewhere to sit down.

My lovely Mum's only ever written one poison pen letter in her life. Signed, of course. She fears no one, especially him.

This odious little publicity seeker was the recipient.

After coming out with all the crud he did in the eighties, about AIDS being sent by God, to rid the world of sinners.

He never had the manners to reply to my dear Ma.

He once popped up on here.

I asked him if all the hundreds of thousands of children, who nowadays die each year in Africa, were also sinners. Seeing as it was their HIV positive status that resulted in their sad, untimely deaths.

Like mum, I'm still waiting for his reply.

I'm quite certain if Jesus popped down Accy last weekend, he'd have overturned this pathetic man's table. After telling him he was a vain, cruel, worthless being.

Old 11-11-2011, 19:37   #344

I havent read all the comments prior to this as its 10 pages long, But i think that with all due respect Mr Logans and his proffesion, does amaze me how these people seem to think that we should all live in the dark ages, But even in the dark ages there was a sex industry that politicians and other heads of state utilised, I just dont see his angle on this, Manchester, Preston, Blackpool, Burnley all had Lap Dancing bars and i just think its a buisness, I know a few girls who work in these bars and when ive asked them how do they feel over it do they feel exploited, there response is the same The can make £500.00 in one night and there not being forced.... What next Mr Logan.... Dont buy the Sun newspaper ban PAGE 3 ... Come on behave were in 2011
Leon Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 19:48   #345
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Kelly View Post
I havent read all the comments prior to this as its 10 pages long, But i think that with all due respect Mr Logans and his proffesion, does amaze me how these people seem to think that we should all live in the dark ages, But even in the dark ages there was a sex industry that politicians and other heads of state utilised, I just dont see his angle on this, Manchester, Preston, Blackpool, Burnley all had Lap Dancing bars and i just think its a buisness, I know a few girls who work in these bars and when ive asked them how do they feel over it do they feel exploited, there response is the same The can make £500.00 in one night and there not being forced.... What next Mr Logan.... Dont buy the Sun newspaper ban PAGE 3 ... Come on behave were in 2011
Exactly.

Sexuality has been used as some sort of commodity, since long before Biblical times.

I firmly believe, besides getting off on their own self-fuelled publicity, and loving the sound of their own voice, that all those moral crusaders do so because it gives them some cheap thrill, and a strange, damp, moistness, in the nether regions department.

We need jobs.

Not preaching prats.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..