Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree679Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-11-2011, 08:40   #691
Resting in Peace

Re: The Tories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Yes, it was crass...and pathetic.
But we should expect nothing more from M and C.
Oh the London lush has been having another pop at me too Margaret
Old 17-11-2011, 08:44   #692
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Er...see below.

Carry on 'bugging me', if you wish.

Each time you do, it's another little chip off what little credibility you used to have on here.

Ya mean he once had some
Old 17-11-2011, 08:44   #693
God Member

A million 16-20 yr old unemployed..a million..and what do this government do?
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2011, 08:55   #694
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
A million 16-20 yr old unemployed..a million..and what do this government do?
Do something proactive.

Employ one.

To wipe the dribble off your chin.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2011, 09:13   #695
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Do something proactive.

Employ one.

To wipe the dribble off your chin.
Reading Mancies quote in your post, he would have us think that in May 2010 the youth unemployment was zero, zilch, nothing, unfortunately outside the bubble there's a real world, seldom visited by Mutt and Jeff, north and south of the border
Old 17-11-2011, 09:14   #696
God Member

I'll say what should be done.. set up work apprentice schemes for every school leavers..if it costs money then so be it .
Old 17-11-2011, 09:27   #697
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
I'll say what should be done.. set up work apprentice schemes for every school leavers..if it costs money then so be it .
I wholeheartedly agree with you, we must concentrate on apprenticeships so that we can compete in the world market, however, where will these young people go to serve their apprenticeships? For them to learn we need factories that employ skilled workers, there aren't very many of those left around here.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2011, 09:34   #698
Beacon of light

I think I heard somewhere that the government is going to set up something along these lines....but as Less has so rightly observed we do not have a great mnufacturing base anymore.
Most of the manufacturing that goes on is in the production of food.
Mancie with your insight and skills I cannot see why the government haven't snapped you up to work in tandem with your cohort C'mon...after all he is doing such a sterling job.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2011, 09:36   #699
Resting in Peace

The thing is going to university has been the bee hole and end hole for school kids for years now, some how leaving school at sixteen and taking an apprenticeship has been seen as a failure my lots of young people, when I was at school the only people going to university were people from Grammar schools, the thing we have now is lots of young people highly qualified with no nowhere to go. Only yesterday the Government announced the introduction of new apprenticeship and training schemes with incentives for firms who take these young people on, which is a step in the right direction
Old 17-11-2011, 09:38   #700
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I wholeheartedly agree with you, we must concentrate on apprenticeships so that we can compete in the world market, however, where will these young people go to serve their apprenticeships? For them to learn we need factories that employ skilled workers, there aren't very many of those left around here.
There are plenty of factories all over the place.. have been for years...setting up apprenticeships is not hard.. the very skilled plumbers and leckies from Poland and such were trained in thier own countries.
This government are lazy... cuts are the only concern and that is the only thing they spend the time doing.
Old 17-11-2011, 09:38   #701
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I think I heard somewhere that the government is going to set up something along these lines....but as Less has so rightly observed we do not have a great mnufacturing base anymore.
Most of the manufacturing that goes on is in the production of food.
Mancie with your insight and skills I cannot see why the government haven't snapped you up to work in tandem with your cohort C'mon...after all he is doing such a sterling job.
Didn't know breweries were taking on mature apprentices Margaret
Old 17-11-2011, 10:09   #702
Beacon of light

Quote:
There are plenty of factories all over the place.. have been for years...setting up apprenticeships is not hard.. the very skilled plumbers and leckies from Poland and such were trained in thier own countries.
This government are lazy... cuts are the only concern and that is the only thing they spend the time doing.
Why does it have to boil down to government every time........have the people not enough wits to get on training course...if that is the case then no wonder we are employing people from the Eastern Bloc...they have the sense to get up and stir their stumps...get trained in something useful...hey presto they are employable.

The people here want everything on a plate......but to you, they aren't lazy...just disadvantaged. Unsupported by an unsympathetic government.
Mancie get real. It is as much in the interest of the government to get people employed and off benefits as it is to those who are unemployed.

Having people in work means that there are more people paying into the tax system, there is more money circulating...earners spend on goods and services......this is how stagnation is prevented. It is very much in the interest of financial stability to get the distance between the unemployment figures and the inflation figures as close together as is possible.
The current situation in the EU (sorry to bring this in yet again) is certaainly not helping.
Old 17-11-2011, 19:14   #703
God Member

they are now borrowing more money than labour did at the date of the last election just as i predicted.as the cuts have an adverse effect on the economy
Old 17-11-2011, 19:18   #704
Beacon of light

Ok Septic Peg, what are your predictions for this weeks lottery numbers then.
Old 17-11-2011, 19:28   #705
Beacon of light

And no they aren't...you have been listening to the waffle of EdM. He says the government are in danger of over borrowing by 100million pounds.
BBC News - Ed Miliband: Economy is at 'turning point'

Also the figure for public borrowing in September was actually lower than was anticipated at 14.1 billion pounds.
These figures lead analysts to predict that the government is on track to control the deficit and hit their target.

government borrowing was at 63.5billion pounds...which is 7.5 billion pounds down on the same period last year.
These figures were taken from a report on the 21st of October, so they are current.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..