Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree679Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-09-2011, 00:16   #541
Common Sense Member

Re: The Tories

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
But like yourself the visits are fewer and further apart and never when there is anything controversial being debated
A low blow, but I'll let that one ride for the time being and give you the benefit of the doubt.

I've never dodged a direct question but there are periods when few threads pique my interest.

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-09-2011, 00:30   #542
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post
A low blow, but I'll let that one ride for the time being and give you the benefit of the doubt.

I've never dodged a direct question but there are periods when few threads pique my interest.
Ok, but if the threads are too bland for your taste, you can always spice them up with some smart-assed comment ... I've been known to do it myself on occasion I sense what might be at issue, altho' I may be wrong, is your lack of "visibility" since the election.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2011, 06:28   #543
Beacon of light

Maybe, just maybe he has been advised to keep a low profile.
There will be many things now that he will not be at liberty to discuss in the same way he was before he was elected....and that isn't surprising is it?
Margaret Pilkington is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2011, 06:32   #544
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
And there was me thinking it was all Labour's fault

I don't think so!!!!!
All of a sudden you are agreeing with DC........go away with you, you are yanking someones chain....or trying to.

Nice to see some capital letters though.(are you sure you wrote this yourself?)
Old 23-09-2011, 09:07   #545
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I don't think so!!!!!
All of a sudden you are agreeing with DC........go away with you, you are yanking someones chain....or trying to.

Nice to see some capital letters though.(are you sure you wrote this yourself?)
Ya I've have noticed that the Italian, Greek, Spanish, Irish, Portuguese and even the American economy is very shacky, maybe if we had carried on with the Viv Nicholson economic policy so much favoured my Brown and Darling, we too could have been on the list
Old 23-09-2011, 09:13   #546
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post

A low blow Kenneth old buddy, well not really, it was quite obvious that prior to the May elections you had plenty to say on anything and everything, but since then you don't seem to have the time to answer the simple questions anymore, but if you remember I DID say this would happen, although being a fortune teller was never one of the strings on my bow
Old 24-09-2011, 12:29   #547
Common Sense Member

Quote:
Maybe, just maybe he has been advised to keep a low profile.
There will be many things now that he will not be at liberty to discuss in the same way he was before he was elected....and that isn't surprising is it?
Yes and no, Marg. Whilst no one has been issuing orders to stay away from Accyweb (or indeed the web in general) I've had lots of pressing things on my plate over the past few months and they've had to take priority.

I'll never dodge a direct question and will give comments on anything people ask of me but my absence recently has nothing to do with Labour being in control.

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2011, 13:36   #548
Beacon of light

Work always comes first. I understand.
Old 24-09-2011, 19:20   #549
God Member

wonder if the local tory members of the council claimed their full expenses and allowances when they walked out Hyndburn Conservatives walk out of council meeting in protest at MEP's address | Accrington Observer - menmedia.co.uk
Old 24-09-2011, 19:36   #550
Full Member+

Every day that passes see's some new dilemma thrust upon this sinking nation. I remain adamant that whilst we remain within the strictures of Europe, and the lacklustre tories kowtow to Clegg's petty demands, then no lifeboat can rescue us from the plight that our leaders seem to care not a jot about.

Last edited by Stumped; 24-09-2011 at 19:38.
Stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2011, 09:38   #551
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumped View Post
Every day that passes see's some new dilemma thrust upon this sinking nation. I remain adamant that whilst we remain within the strictures of Europe, and the lacklustre tories kowtow to Clegg's petty demands, then no lifeboat can rescue us from the plight that our leaders seem to care not a jot about.
That's the only problem with a coalition Stumped, you have to give and take, and with numerous other countries lurching on the edge of the financial abyss, including America, the measures taken by the coalition over the last 17 months, are at the moment, keeping us afloat. One thing is for sure if we had carried on borrowing and spend like the last Government we would be really up the creek without a canoe, never mind a paddle. I can't understand how anyone can keep throwing money at financial problems, it doesn't work in Business or in your own personal life, so why should anybody think its the way forward in Government, the bottom line is, if you borrow money you have to repay it, that goes for the individual, business and even government
Old 25-09-2011, 09:45   #552
Beacon of light

In short, it is called living within your means.
Old 25-09-2011, 09:47   #553
Resting in Peace

Quote:
In short, it is called living within your means.
Exactly, if only politicians could grasp the fact
Old 25-09-2011, 09:56   #554
Beacon of light

I don't think they can....I don't think they ever will.
I was reading stuff about hospitals having to close because they are crippled by the charges from the PFI (let me think.....whose bright idea was that?...can't think right now...but I'm sure Cmon will have some link or other about it).

When PFI was implemented I was still working in the NHS, and I said then that it would be the death of some hospitals when it came to paying back the exorbitant charges(these charges were like 'topsy'....they started off little).
If I, as a lowly nurse could see this way back then....why couldn't those who were in charge of making the decision to use this system see it too?

You cannot have what can't be paid for. It isn't complicated is it?
Old 25-09-2011, 10:48   #555
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I don't think they can....I don't think they ever will.
I was reading stuff about hospitals having to close because they are crippled by the charges from the PFI (let me think.....whose bright idea was that?...can't think right now...but I'm sure Cmon will have some link or other about it).

When I was implemented I was still working in the NHS, and I said then that it would be the death of some hospitals when it came to paying back the exorbitant charges(these charges were like 'topsy'....they started off little).
If I, as a lowly nurse could see this way back then....why couldn't those who were in charge of making the decision to use this system see it too?

You cannot have what can't be paid for. It isn't complicated is it?
Well I know you were a very good nurse Margaret, just a pity you didn't stick your toe in the political arena, I'm sure you would have made a big difference

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..