Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree679Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2011, 09:55   #601
Give, give, give member

Re: The Tories

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I see you watched "Dispatches" on Monday night too Rindi, wonder if C'Mon did na the truth always hurts
Nah.

I learn more watching Corrie on Monday evenings.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-10-2011, 13:41   #602
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Does that mean Labour support the working class ? As discussed elsewhere Labour support the not working class more than the working class
anybody who brought in the national minimum wage did the working class a favour imagine the european migrants legally working or £1 an hour and bringing down the standard of living.the tories and david cameron opposed it fact
Old 02-10-2011, 14:37   #603
Beacon of light

that's right.....if you don't like the subject...change it and go on to something else.

The last new labour government were all for creating dependency...knowing full well that it is easy to control those who are dependent on you for day to day living. They did not encourage working...or a work ethic......they encouraged people to feel like the victims in society, rather than giving them a ladder to climb out of their poverty, they put the paving stone of benefits on their heads so that they felt it wasn't worth working. After all, why work when you can get enough to live on and watch daytime TV?
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 16:34   #604
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
that's right.....if you don't like the subject...change it and go on to something else.

The last new labour government were all for creating dependency...knowing full well that it is easy to control those who are dependent on you for day to day living. They did not encourage working...or a work ethic......they encouraged people to feel like the victims in society, rather than giving them a ladder to climb out of their poverty, they put the paving stone of benefits on their heads so that they felt it wasn't worth working. After all, why work when you can get enough to live on and watch daytime TV?
thats rubbish thousands of people who were deemed unemployable got jobs the ones who started the rot were the tories by encouraging people to go on the sick to fiddle the unemployment figures in the eighties to destroy the manufacturing industry to please the shareholder mentality that got us in this mess in the first place and thats not my opinion its the opinion of people who have worked on the frontline for decades.theres one reason that got us in this mess yes greed tory greed plain and simple get the figures who got helped baked into work during the labour years and who got helped back into work during the eighties youll find most on the sick were thrown on the scrap heap with no help for them to get back into work in the eighties so get the facts right
Old 02-10-2011, 19:01   #605
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
thats rubbish thousands of people who were deemed unemployable got jobs the ones who started the rot were the tories by encouraging people to go on the sick to fiddle the unemployment figures in the eighties to destroy the manufacturing industry to please the shareholder mentality that got us in this mess in the first place and thats not my opinion its the opinion of people who have worked on the frontline for decades.theres one reason that got us in this mess yes greed tory greed plain and simple get the figures who got helped baked into work during the labour years and who got helped back into work during the eighties youll find most on the sick were thrown on the scrap heap with no help for them to get back into work in the eighties so get the facts right
And where pray, is the evidence for this drivel that you have posted?
You say it isn't your opinion, but the opinion of those who worked on the frontline....the frontline of what exactly?

I don't recall the tory party encouraging people to seek benefits....but I do recall the new labour party encouraging immigration...bringing in people from other countries to do jobs for much less money....I do recall some social engineering, in that it was Ok not to be married, it was Ok to be a single mother,(to have babies, so that the benefit machine continued to cough up the money)it was Ok to get the council to find you a home, it was Ok for you to draw benefits until your youngest child left school.

In short, new labour fostered a level of dependency on benefits because they knew it gave them control over this section of the population.
It would be in the interests of these people to continue to vote labour, well, that is, if they wanted to continue living on benefits.

They made it easier to claim benefits than to go to work......a work ethic was not encouraged.
There is nothing as motivating as a hungry belly to make you find a job.
I have heard unemployed people talking......
'If they think I am getting out of bed for minimum wage they are effing crazy' No work ethic, no self respect...would rather let someone like me...(on a pension) support their lifestyle

I don't entirely blame the people for this, I blame the benefits sytem.

It should have been radically overhauled years ago, but no political party has ever had the guts...they just tinker around the edges
Old 02-10-2011, 19:11   #606
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
That's rubbish. Thousands of people who were deemed unemployable got jobs.
The ones who started the rot were the tories, by encouraging people to go on the sick.
To fiddle the unemployment figures in the eighties.
To destroy the manufacturing industry to please the shareholder mentality.

That got us in this mess in the first place, and thats not my opinion.
It's the opinion of people who have worked on the frontline for decades.
There's one reason that got us in this mess, yes greed, tory greed plain and simple.
Get the figures who got helped baked into work during the labour years, and who got helped back into work during the eighties.
You'll find most on the sick were thrown on the scrap heap, with no help for them to get back into work in the eighties so get the facts right
For those who cannot be bothered to wade through your unpunctuated mass of text....here it is in punctuated form.
Easier to read but drivel nevertheless.
Old 02-10-2011, 19:13   #607
Beacon of light

I just don't get how destroying the manufacturing base pleases the shareholder mentality.
Shareholders want manufacturing to grow, for companies to sell more goods...that is how they get their dividends, how they make money.
Old 02-10-2011, 20:05   #608
God Member

Quote:
I just don't get how destroying the manufacturing base pleases the shareholder mentality.
Shareholders want manufacturing to grow, for companies to sell more goods...that is how they get their dividends, how they make money.
Point is, they can make more money exporting manufacturing jobs overseas to countries that have low wages and no protection for workers (and I'm talking about safety and benefits, not the pcism of workplace safety where a peanut causes a furor) ... if the tories cut corporate taxes in order to encourage investment in England, major corporations will say "thanks for the cash ... and, we are moving manufacturing out of the country any way." It's the American way, British style. The reason the German economy and that of the Japanese are so strong is that they still make stuff. They pay their workers well and treat them right. Workers make good money and spend it at home. You can't have a major league economy with easy credit and jobs flipping burgers.

I think I'll put on my Nike's and go for a beer.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 20:36   #609
Beacon of light

That sounds like a damned good idea!
Manufacturing in this country has not gone altogether, but the majority of it has.
China can make stuff so much cheaper...and cheaper sells.
This isn't a new phenomenon. In the mid sixties I worked in a weaving mill making high quality mattress tickings. The place closed and took all its capacity for production to South Africa. It was cheaper to manufacture the goods out there.

You can't turn back the clock......you have to live with the constraints of the situation you find yourself with.
This coalition government have only been in place 16 months...yet they are expected to put right the things that were wrong for many years during a new labour administration....and things that were admitted at the recent Labour party conference.........so it isn't jsut me saying they got it badly wrong...they(new Labour politicians) are saying it too.

Personally I couldn't care less if we were governed by a two headed monkey, as long as they could sort out the many things that ail our country at the moment.

Oh yeah, if you're buying I'll have a pint of Stella. (do they do that where you are Eric...stella, I mean)
Old 02-10-2011, 22:07   #610
God Member

Quote:
That sounds like a damned good idea!
Manufacturing in this country has not gone altogether, but the majority of it has.
China can make stuff so much cheaper...and cheaper sells.
This isn't a new phenomenon. In the mid sixties I worked in a weaving mill making high quality mattress tickings. The place closed and took all its capacity for production to South Africa. It was cheaper to manufacture the goods out there.

You can't turn back the clock......you have to live with the constraints of the situation you find yourself with.
This coalition government have only been in place 16 months...yet they are expected to put right the things that were wrong for many years during a new labour administration....and things that were admitted at the recent Labour party conference.........so it isn't jsut me saying they got it badly wrong...they(new Labour politicians) are saying it too.

Personally I couldn't care less if we were governed by a two headed monkey, as long as they could sort out the many things that ail our country at the moment.

Oh yeah, if you're buying I'll have a pint of Stella. (do they do that where you are Eric...stella, I mean)
Yup ... we have Stella; but right now I'm having a Bomber And there's lots left in the fridge, just behind the deer roast, to the left of the moose steak.

Sure they make things cheaper in China; but, have you ever noticed major corporations that move overseas passing on the savings to the consumer? No way, the extra money goes into the pockets of the chief executives and the major shareholders.

And from what I hear, you are governed by a two headed monkey. One head is called David and the other Nick.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 08:42   #611
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Yup ... we have Stella; but right now I'm having a Bomber And there's lots left in the fridge, just behind the deer roast, to the left of the moose steak.

Sure they make things cheaper in China; but, have you ever noticed major corporations that move overseas passing on the savings to the consumer? No way, the extra money goes into the pockets of the chief executives and the major shareholders.

And from what I hear, you are governed by a two headed monkey. One head is called David and the other Nick.
Thats still better than a one head stupid Jock
Old 03-10-2011, 10:11   #612
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Thats still better than a one head stupid Jock

He only aggravates you because you're both very similar.

Except he always wears a daft red hat, as opposed to your blue one.

Old 03-10-2011, 10:19   #613
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
He only aggravates you because you're both very similar.

Except he always wears a daft red hat, as opposed to your blue one.

Never worn a hat in my life, except a hard hat on the building site
Old 03-10-2011, 10:26   #614
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Never worn a hat in my life, except a hard hat on the building site
Don't worry, like in The Emperor's New Clothes, we all see it.

It looks very dashing, and that big blue feather really sets if off a treat.

Old 03-10-2011, 10:27   #615
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Never worn a hat in my life, except a hard hat

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..