Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree679Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2011, 13:22   #391
God Member

Re: The Tories

now the manufacturing industry is contracting ,lets see what so called reason they can blame it on.i know its too warm
Old 01-08-2011, 13:32   #392
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
now the manufacturing industry is contracting ,lets see what so called reason they can blame it on.i know its too warm
wot, No link???????????
Is your cut and paste broken?
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 16:15   #393
God Member

BBC News - UK manufacturing sector contracts in July i told you no money in economy jobs go we are now reaching the roundabout of recession
Old 01-08-2011, 16:38   #394
Beacon of light

Oh......how sad, you have managed to fix your cut and paste facility.
I suppose now we will be 'treated' to more sensationalist headlines.
Have you nothing better to do?
Old 01-08-2011, 17:21   #395
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Oh......how sad, you have managed to fix your cut and paste facility.
I suppose now we will be 'treated' to more sensationalist headlines.
Have you nothing better to do?
I've decided to let him and Mancie play patsy, I want be answering anymore of his inane posts
Old 01-08-2011, 18:26   #396
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
BBC News - UK manufacturing sector contracts in July i told you no money in economy jobs go we are now reaching the roundabout of recession
Have you seen what is happening in the US .
Their manufacturing industry is goosed .......but I guess that is the fault of those damn tories too.
Did you also see that they tried to spend their way out of recession......that worked (NOT).

They are going to be having to find trillions in cuts to avoid some nasty financial consequences....consequences that would affect the world economy.
Old 02-08-2011, 22:24   #397
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Hows this grab yeh? i honestly think "Women" are to blame fer the mess the countrys in, Not the tories,Not labour, when thatcher first stood fer election 2 members of me family/extended family, who had voted labour all their lives, voted Tory, the excuse they had was a woman must do better! i also know quite a lot more did the same, before they croaked both of em told me they had been wrong n it was biggest regret, but it was too late the mentality of the nation had been changed forever, before anyone gets the hump, this aint a pop at women its just the way i see the facts.
Old 02-08-2011, 22:29   #398

Will you stop saying that Thatcher word. Brings me out in Hives makes me shudder feel sick. oooh need a bucket.
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 22:34   #399
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Varrechia View Post
Will you stop saying that Thatcher word. Brings me out in Hives makes me shudder feel sick. oooh need a bucket.
you are not alone Alan, i vowed many years ago to get ratarsed when she croaks, i can't drink anymore fer health reasons, BUT i never break a promise.
Old 02-08-2011, 22:54   #400

I'm not supposed too but do, and there is one place i would like to pee, eventually but i think there might be a queue.
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 00:11   #401
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Have you seen what is happening in the US .
Their manufacturing industry is goosed .......but I guess that is the fault of those damn tories too.
Did you also see that they tried to spend their way out of recession......that worked (NOT).

They are going to be having to find trillions in cuts to avoid some nasty financial consequences....consequences that would affect the world economy.

The only reason we (Western economies) are in so much debt is down to our "Leaders" political scondrels of all stripes , prime example , one small town in China (pop 60, 000) produces 3 out of every 10 pair of socks sold worldwide , this does not include other manufacturing areas in China
see link Largest Sock Production Town in China

who allowed this to happen and why .....seems to me "free trade" politicians are guilty of nothing more than economic treason , sorry its none of my business if the Chinese don't have jobs , what is my business is if my family, friends and neighbours don't have jobs . If the Chinese want to make and sell socks they should be forced (import tariffs) to match local production prices otherwise they can sell them to the Africans and Indians.

Seems Graham Jones is to be commended for his anti free trade stance with his recent campaign against Google and support for equal oppertunities for local IT companies its to be hoped this campaign applies to other worldwide products and isn't just a bit of anti Americanism
link to Graham Jones internet search engine speech/debate
http://www.theyworkforyou.com/whall/...3A24835#g137.3

Last edited by steeljack; 03-08-2011 at 00:19.
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 22:38   #402
God Member

well this story is interesting, wonder if the tories allow this. everybody who recieves any kind of benefit will have their personal details compromised when their data is sent overseas by the free global trade BBC News - Hewlett Packard might 'offshore' DWP jobs in Sheffield
Old 03-08-2011, 22:45   #403
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
If the Chinese want to make and sell socks they should be forced (import tariffs)
As part of my duties I used to buy English made socks for a firm I worked for.

Retail prices ranged from £12.95 - £35.00 per pair, over ten years ago.

Suprisingly I don't think Pantheralla socks have a stockists in Hyndburn.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 22:53   #404
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
As part of my duties I used to buy English made socks for a firm I worked for.

Retail prices ranged from £12.95 - £35.00 per pair, over ten years ago.

Suprisingly I don't think Pantheralla socks have a stockists in Hyndburn.

Incidentally, as beautiful as they were, I didn't wear them myself, other than the odd free sample.

Both the cotton lisle, and wool sock, could only be worn once or twice, before developing holes.

I bought cotton-rich socks from Primark.

Comfortable, lasted for ages, and at five pairs for a quid I didn't give a stuff where in the world they were made.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 00:37   #405
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Incidentally, as beautiful as they were, I didn't wear them myself, other than the odd free sample.

Both the cotton lisle, and wool sock, could only be worn once or twice, before developing holes.

I bought cotton-rich socks from Primark.

Comfortable, lasted for ages, and at five pairs for a quid I didn't give a stuff where in the world they were made.
Doubt very much that any shop assistant anywhere in the world wears £35 socks , apart from maybe the Herpes store in Dubai

"I bought cotton-rich socks from Primark."
So your the one responsible for the fashion trend in Accrington , white tube socks paired with 'trackie bottoms'
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..