Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree679Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-07-2011, 11:38   #361
God Member

Re: The Tories

some good news northern rock public company has paid back a billion pounds today a good investment by gordon brown to save peoples homes jobs and investments.
Old 29-07-2011, 11:56   #362
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
ohh and a word of advice if anybody is getting dollars wait till next week when it crashes and america defaults.so much for the capitalist tory dream the share holder andbanks has raped and pillaged the uk economy in the last 30 years and it was leaderine who de regulated china must be awful nervous as it is the main manufacturing base who are the main lenders to nations in the world.
Would you like to translate that for us then?
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2011, 18:13   #363
Resting in Peace

Quote:
no not lazy just gathering evidence that this goverment is clueless and bad for your health some more jobs go BBC News - MoD to cut further 7,000 civilian jobs they are just printing the truth that the goverment dont want you to know.and the tories would rather you die as they want to privatise the nhs they are spending more on the nhs as the proposals they are pushing through are costing £2 billion extre just to set up the proposals which is wasting money.the reason they want private firms in is to lay the foundations of privatasion so they dont need to pay anybody off when they sell the nhs off i remember the 80s de ja vu
Ya so do I and we ended up with one of the strongest economies in the world until Gormless Gordon got his sticky little fingers on it, now we're back to banana republic states, you can stick Labour where monkey's shove nuts, Just a little tip, when your English is at year 5 level it might be an Idea if you downloaded a spell check, it helps honest
Old 29-07-2011, 19:28   #364
Give, give, give member

Quote:
some good news northern rock public company has paid back a billion pounds today a good investment by gordon brown to save peoples homes jobs and investments.
1 trick

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2011, 19:37   #365

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Ya so do I and we ended up with one of the strongest economies in the world until Gormless Gordon got his sticky little fingers on it, now we're back to banana republic states, you can stick Labour where monkey's shove nuts, Just a little tip, when your English is at year 5 level it might be an Idea if you downloaded a spell check, it helps honest
John, you could sell him your spell checker. One careful owner never used....... :hidew all:
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2011, 00:49   #366
God Member

I think we all know what this thread has turned into...anyone who dares to post links that highlight the reality of what is happening in this country are soon shot down and ridiculed, no matter if the content is relevant to what even an idiot must know are bad for this country.
The NHS is again under pressure from this government and lives are lost because of cuts they told us would not happen.. the massive cuts in the police that even an idiot knows means higher crime.

http://www.channel4.com/news/governm...wn-nhs-reforms

Last edited by Mancie; 30-07-2011 at 00:52.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2011, 03:03   #367
God Member

l'll leave the tories with this oldie but goody .. looks like nowt much will change from the last time you lot were in power:

Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2011, 06:27   #368
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
I think we all know what this thread has turned into...anyone who dares to post links that highlight the reality of what is happening in this country are soon shot down and ridiculed, no matter if the content is relevant to what even an idiot must know are bad for this country.
The NHS is again under pressure from this government and lives are lost because of cuts they told us would not happen.. the massive cuts in the police that even an idiot knows means higher crime.

Government 'planning to water down NHS reforms' - Channel 4 News

What tommy rot Mancie. It is nothing at all like that.
But that is how you want to see it....and so that is how it must be...for you!

You think that posting Headline links from newspapers without any discussion about what they mean to the poster is valid?
It is a Discussion Forum.......most of us, if we post a link to a newspaper article, will post what that means on a personal level.
I don't believe that Cmon reads any of the stuff he posts as links. If he did he would have a better command of how to post a clearly defined point of view
Old 30-07-2011, 07:30   #369
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
I think we all know what this thread has turned into...anyone who dares to post links that highlight the reality of what is happening in this country are soon shot down and ridiculed
Yes, by many different people, with no political agenda.

So as a piece of propoganda, cutting and pasting other peoples' views, it really isn't working.

I wonder how many people bother to click the links?

I certainly don't.

Nor do I bother reading any text posted.

It's just a blur of badly spaced, poorly punctuated, pattern of letters.

Personally I think it's doing the exact opposite of what's intended.

In public relation terms it's a disaster, in that it more than likely encourages sympathy for the government.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2011, 08:45   #370
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Varrechia View Post
John, you could sell him your spell checker. One careful owner never used....... :hidew all:
That's just it Alan I do use my spell check because I like to try and attempt to write things on here that are readable by other users. Our friend up north posts links on here because he's too lazy to write things out himself, which in someway is a godsend.

It must be quite obvious to the guy that he has a big problem with the written word, yet can't be bothered to even try and alleviate the problem, you can download a spell check for nothing.

Lets face it I agree with Garinda, I have never once click on a link put up by this guy and never will, but when you come on here seven days a week slagging of the Government, you would think he'd make an effort to spell Government correctly
Old 30-07-2011, 13:56   #371
Beacon of light

I can quite understand someone whoe defends the ideologies of their chosen political party...but I do not recall either Mancie or Cmon ever criticising the job done by either the Blair government(though I prefer it when it is spelt B'Liar) or the Brown government....they both did some very questionable things...but did either of these Accywebbers draw our attention to them with links to Headlines in newspapers? I don't know...perhaps someone with better memory than mine can enlighten me....and perhaps a link to the post would be acceptable in this case.
Old 30-07-2011, 14:09   #372
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I can quite understand someone whoe defends the ideologies of their chosen political party...but I do not recall either Mancie or Cmon ever criticising the job done by either the Blair government(though I prefer it when it is spelt B'Liar) or the Brown government....they both did some very questionable things...but did either of these Accywebbers draw our attention to them with links to Headlines in newspapers? I don't know...perhaps someone with better memory than mine can enlighten me....and perhaps a link to the post would be acceptable in this case.
You can't link to something which doesn't exist Margaret
Old 30-07-2011, 14:39   #373
Beacon of light

Yes, John, I know...but if there did just happen to be a post that someone had seen from either of these members......critical of the previous incumbents, in a way that they are over the current government, (which they proclaim is Tory....... but we all know it is a coalition), then I would be prepared to read it and discuss it with them anytime.
I won't hold my breath waiting.
Old 30-07-2011, 14:42   #374
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Yes, John, I know...but if there did just happen to be a post that someone had seen from either of these members......critical of the previous incumbents, in a way that they are over the current government, (which they proclaim is Tory....... but we all know it is a coalition), then I would be prepared to read it and discuss it with them anytime.
I won't hold my breath waiting.
I'm lucky in that department I can't hold my breath
Old 30-07-2011, 14:43   #375
Beacon of light

wouldn't want you to John...not good for your health.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..