Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree679Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-07-2011, 03:16   #376
God Member

Re: The Tories

I do see a pattern developing here..yes John.. quite right John..yes Margaret ..took the words out of my mouth ..I agree Margaret... Yes but the lefties are talking kak Margaret.. I agree John..lazy links to the downfall of the country..I agree Margaret I mean?

Last edited by Mancie; 31-07-2011 at 03:24.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-07-2011, 03:34   #377
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
Conveniently forgetting that Labour would have slashed the NHS budget where as it's actually increasing under the Coalition? Perhaps the fact that Labour were going to cut the NHS budget might provoke you into realising that the Government has been spending way beyond the amount of money it gets in.

That's the reason we need NHS reform because despite the budget increasing it's not keeping up with an ageing population that is living much longer.
Anyone with half a sense knows when the tories talk about reforming the NHS they really mean privitisation.. this is nothing new and most of us know what the score is.. if you feel the need to lie in an open forum then it's on your back.. maybe that's why you are the tea boy, and I hope you always will be .
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2011, 04:59   #378
God Member

the proof in is in the pudding this is what the tories are about.this would be a strategic move Use your Facebook account to Sign in on other Websites | Facebook anybody who cant see this must be politically blind.
Old 31-07-2011, 07:47   #379
God Member

more proof BBC News - NHS funds moved to richer areas, Labour says
Old 31-07-2011, 09:20   #380
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
I do see a pattern developing here..yes John.. quite right John..yes Margaret ..took the words out of my mouth ..I agree Margaret... Yes but the lefties are talking kak Margaret.. I agree John..lazy links to the downfall of the country..I agree Margaret I mean?
Yes, and I see a pattern developing too, Mancie...cut-and-paste...gibberish...cut-and-paste...gibberish...ad infinitum.

What a pity that the Accyweb members who are actually in the Labour party don't see fit to come on here and tell us what Labour would do to tackle the situation if they were in power.
Old 31-07-2011, 09:20   #381
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
Labour saysLabour don't know their armpit from their elbow as they've proved year after year after year,
Old 31-07-2011, 09:35   #382
God Member

Quote:
Anyone with half a sense knows when the tories talk about reforming the NHS they really mean privitisation.. this is nothing new and most of us know what the score is.. if you feel the need to lie in an open forum then it's on your back.. maybe that's why you are the tea boy, and I hope you always will be .

Don't be stupid. You're talking crap.

It's always going to be for those most in need rather than those with the cash to pay. Again, you don't mention that you support a party that would have slashed the NHS budget in England. The only place that has cut the NHS is Wales, can you guess who is in power there?

If it was the Tories cutting you'd be screaming the place down. Appears you are glossing over it in this case. Interesting.

Last edited by andrewb; 31-07-2011 at 09:39.
andrewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2011, 09:37   #383
Beacon of light

Quote:
If this is your attempt at humour then it doesn't do you justice.

And did you post any criticism of the Blair/Brown administration?
To be balanced, you would have to have found things that their administration did, that you didn't like....or, be critical of some of their policies.
You posted, some time ago that you have no political allegiance....this thread proves otherwise.
John and I do have things in common. We are from the same era, experienced the same kind of growing up, like some of the same music(because we are of the same era)......but I do not share the same political ideologies....although I would think that Johns' ideologies have mellowed over the years.

And just for your background information. I am the eldest of seven children, experienced extreme poverty as a child, with a war damaged father who couldn't work for years.......the perfect background for a TORY...eh?
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2011, 10:40   #384
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
If this is your attempt at humour then it doesn't do you justice.

And did you post any criticism of the Blair/Brown administration?
To be balanced, you would have to have found things that their administration did, that you didn't like....or, be critical of some of their policies.
You posted, some time ago that you have no political allegiance....this thread proves otherwise.
John and I do have things in common. We are from the same era, experienced the same kind of growing up, like some of the same music(because we are of the same era)......but I do not share the same political ideologies....although I would think that Johns' ideologies have mellowed over the years.

And just for your background information. I am the eldest of seven children, experienced extreme poverty as a child, with a war damaged father who couldn't work for years.......the perfect background for a TORY...eh?
Well Margaret you have to agree he is a comedian, not a very good one but a comedian, the post you quoted on was rather funny really, and wouldn't have read it without your help, I long since stopped reading is left wing clap trap, make coming on here far more pleasant, its no use baring our friend from the north because he's just a clown, full stop. And your right I have mellowed, I only dislike Graham half as much as I used to just joke Graham
Old 31-07-2011, 11:46   #385
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Before things degenerate into a slanging match about NHS reforms & which party is responsible for "Privatisation" I would invite the acolytes of both sides to have a look at this ..... it appears each party is as bad as the other when it comes to selling the public short.

http://www.newsunspun.org/article/neither-major-uk-party-can-be-trusted-with-the-nhs

To my mind the most telling sentence is the following taken from the final paragraph :

"Labour do not provide the alternative to this problem, but have a proven history of implementing the same broad neoliberal policy that is being unleashed by the conservative government today."
Old 31-07-2011, 12:04   #386
Beacon of light

That is definitely worth a read.
It shows how the NHS has been used by all the major parties as a political football.
Old 31-07-2011, 18:03   #387
Super Moderator

Vey interesting, Dave, and thanks for posting. Certainly a damning indictment of both major parties:

"What is happening now to the NHS is by any standards a brutal, regressive move. It must be understood, however, that New Labour do not provide the alternative to this problem, but have a proven history of implementing the same broad neoliberal policy that is being unleashed by the conservative government today. Much like the presence of many Labour party groups at the March 26th ‘March for the Alternative’, and Ed Miliband speaking at the rally following the march, their flagrant criticism of the Conservative party for NHS ‘reforms’ is hypocritical. Those who want to save the NHS in the long term should consider moving their political support very far away from the existing major parties in the UK."

Is this why Graham, Bernard, Claytonender, Ken and all the other Accyweb Labour stalwarts are so silent on the subject?
Old 31-07-2011, 18:17   #388
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Vey interesting, Dave, and thanks for posting. Certainly a damning indictment of both major parties:

"What is happening now to the NHS is by any standards a brutal, regressive move. It must be understood, however, that New Labour do not provide the alternative to this problem, but have a proven history of implementing the same broad neoliberal policy that is being unleashed by the conservative government today. Much like the presence of many Labour party groups at the March 26th ‘March for the Alternative’, and Ed Miliband speaking at the rally following the march, their flagrant criticism of the Conservative party for NHS ‘reforms’ is hypocritical. Those who want to save the NHS in the long term should consider moving their political support very far away from the existing major parties in the UK."

Is this why Graham, Bernard, Claytonender, Ken and all the other Accyweb Labour stalwarts are so silent on the subject?
They've no points to score Wyn, because they're not interested in national politics you know
Old 31-07-2011, 19:13   #389
Beacon of light

There is some truth in what John says(sorry Mancie)......local politics and national politics are something very different, but......to be a follower of a particular party, you must support some of the core values of that party...even if you are only a local councillor(the 'only' isn't meant to be derogatory either) you must believe in the ideologies of that party or you wouldn't stand for election in any capacity.

Though I am sure that the people you mention Steve, have not much more influence than you and me on political policies.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 31-07-2011 at 19:15.
Old 01-08-2011, 09:24   #390
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
There is some truth in what John says(sorry Mancie)......local politics and national politics are something very different, but......to be a follower of a particular party, you must support some of the core values of that party...even if you are only a local councillor(the 'only' isn't meant to be derogatory either) you must believe in the ideologies of that party or you wouldn't stand for election in any capacity.

Though I am sure that the people you mention Steve, have not much more influence than you and me on political policies.
Think you've got that spot on Margaret, if you wear the rosette, you can't pick and choose n as much as "i'm not interested in national politics I'm only interested in what happens in my local community, if thats what they think they shouldn't stand as an independant end of story

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..