Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree75Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-01-2015, 15:18   #151
Senior Member+

Re: Mancie's Thread - The Scousers search for the Holy Grail

A totally crazy weekend - absolutely great win for Blackburn, and a good result for Bolton, but what a disaster for the NN, Chelski, Spurs & Southampton. Taking those results into account the scousers and La Crème didn't do too bad - more money in the coffers and it should allow the Dodger to visit the fire sales again. Stanley should be winning games like this one, here's hoping they can kick on from here and hopefully Burnley's week off should help them to kick on and get away from the relegation zone
Accrington Web
Old 09-02-2015, 09:21   #152
Senior Member+

What a crap weekend – La Crème playing so badly but still scraping a point and managing to stay 5 points ahead of the scousers and a much better GD The combination of VP and Falcao just isn’t working, should have brought young Wilson on early in the second half, at least he would have produced some pace up front.
Scousers having the same problem – where were the two top class strikers he bought? He can certainly talk the talk – still, plenty of time for them to come good and get into the European slots ahead of La Crème
The Clarets are in danger of throwing it all away – they should never have let a 2 goal advantage slip like that. Not a lot of points difference down at the bottom, an extra 2 points would have done them a power of good
The deadwoods seem better suited to a yo-yo competition – still a chance for a local derby if Stanley start to pull things together particularly on their travels – a rough period for them, Plymouth and then Southend, maybe they are suffering from travel sickness
The persistent slagger from last season seems to have shut up shop – or his mouth. Could that be because La Crème are doing a bit better than his lot? Possibly one of those that can shoot his mouth off when his team is going strong but shuts up when things don’t go their way
Old 09-02-2015, 16:16   #153
JFT96

£150 million spent and what's Manky U's form like:After 24 matches

Moyes 12-4-8 40 points +10
Van Gaal 12-8-4 44 points +17

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 18:56   #154
JFT96

Speaking of gloat,
Here is what £59.7 million pounds bought 'la Creme'

https://mobile.twitter.com/SkySports...33866850938881

Old 10-02-2015, 09:02   #155
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
£150 million spent and what's Manky U's form like:After 24 matches

Moyes 12-4-8 40 points +10
Van Gaal 12-8-4 44 points +17
Please remind us what the dodgers record is this season - after all he has had a long time to get things right.
I must admit he is persistent - at buying crap and not doing too well yet in the league, not a great record but then again, the scousers haven't done well in the Premier League.
Old 10-02-2015, 09:11   #156
Senior Member+

One must also remember that the dodger has spent £215M since 2012 - he hasn't improved the team much
Old 10-02-2015, 11:40   #157
JFT96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Please remind us what the dodgers record is this season - after all he has had a long time to get things right.
I must admit he is persistent - at buying crap and not doing too well yet in the league, not a great record but then again, the scousers haven't done well in the Premier League.

That's the sprit Barrie, keep burying your head in the sand. As General Melchett said
"If nothing else, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."

And you wonder why I cannot be bother to reply to your constant ramblings about any team but your own......see you in a few months

Old 10-02-2015, 16:39   #158
JFT96

Even Better
Van Gaal disputes long-ball claims - BBC Sport

Old 11-02-2015, 13:24   #159
JFT96

What no Barrie.....come on you goaded me back on here and seeing you have Louis Long Ball doing a Rafa, actually Rafa was telling the truth, you disappear.
Surely you cannot be worried about Burnley coming to old Trafford can you?
If the Manky U don't win by a large margin tonight there will be lots of laughter around here.

Old 11-02-2015, 13:29   #160
JFT96

Quote:
One must also remember that the dodger has spent £215M since 2012 - he hasn't improved the team much
Oh I don't know, we very very nearly won the league last year, he got us back into Champions League football, although we seemed to go straight out again, currently 3 points off a Champions league spot, got a good deal on Suraez, has a young team and is building it. Now if we could just temp De Gea to come across then we would be in a very good position. But of course seeing Utd are a one man team, De Gea, I cannot see that happening

Old 11-02-2015, 16:13   #161
Senior Member+

Quote:
That's the sprit Barrie, keep burying your head in the sand. As General Melchett said
"If nothing else, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."

And you wonder why I cannot be bother to reply to your constant ramblings about any team but your own......see you in a few months
Rambling? Let's see, something about kettles and pots - thought you were going to shut up, but of course that would be extremely difficult for you and your non-existent memory - can you please remind me what the invariable subject of your posts was last season. Obviously I don't expect a quick reply as you will no doubt have to wade back through your postings to remind yourself.
I was thinking before your childish rants, that it has all the makings of a calamitous week for La Crème - Arsenal moving above us into 4th place and the scousers making a charge for the top - even the dodgers star signing scoring his first goal for them in the Premiership
Tonight could make things even worse for us - mind you, VG has had less than a season to get things right (dodger still trying to get it right but not succeeded after how long?), even though we are better placed than last season, still time for it all to fall apart again.
A good night for both Stanley and the deadwoods but they both left it late to grab all the points
Old 11-02-2015, 17:32   #162
JFT96

Quote:
Rambling? Let's see, something about kettles and pots - thought you were going to shut up, but of course that would be extremely difficult for you and your non-existent memory - can you please remind me what the invariable subject of your posts was last season. Obviously I don't expect a quick reply as you will no doubt have to wade back through your postings to remind yourself.
Well let's see shall we, you started this thread and the same one last year but that does not count.
For the record,
2014-2015, so far you are 1st with 70 posts, I am 3rd with 18 posts (including this one), Dig is second with 31.
2013-2014 seasons thread, I was 1st with 152 posts you 2nd with 112 posts.
2012-2013 you were 2nd (beaten by Jaysay 86 posts), with 85 posts to my 6th place 9 posts.
2011-2012 you were 1st again with 71 posts, I was 5th with 52
2010-2011 you were 2nd with 166 posts to my 9th place 9 posts
2009-2010 you were 3rd with 8 posts, I was 6th with 2 posts
ALL of those threads are known as 'Liverpool road to the title' or referring to the team and their quest to win a league title.

In the whole time this series of threads has been running you have posted 512 times, while I have only managed, 242, not even half. you were saying about kettles and pots?

You know, it was bloody hilarious watching everything that old red nose had done fall apart in less than one season, even better is the small fact that Louis Long Ball inherited much the same squad, spent £150 million, has no European Games to worry about and yet cannot recreate what Liverpool did last season, if anything, having Shrek on an eye watering £300,000.00 per week cannot be helping maters.
He then loses it at a press conference against Big Sam, I ask you........Jose I can understand, but Big Sam
You know I thought lightning could not strike twice, first David Moyes, now Van Gaal, who's next Barrie, Roy 'Owl Face' Hodgson?

What is currently coming out of Old Trafford is pure comedy gold.

So in return, well we lost our star striker, had one injured and not forgetting that Brendan Rodgers inherited a team that was mid table are starting to play well, even with the impending loss of one Englands greatest footballers, things are starting to look good.
It helps having at long last, decent owners, who far from throwing Man City money around are encouraging a young Manager, with a vision, to build something great again, bit like Bill Shankly and even Alex Ferguson did, which is why I can understand your rants, dodger....really

As it stands we are 2 points behind you, I fully expect that to be 5 soon, I mean you cannot lose to Burnley can you?
It is not too long ago you were laughing at being 10 points in front of us, oh how times change.

Old 12-02-2015, 18:04   #163
Senior Member+

Quote:
......see you in a few months
Typical of your crap seeing you have managed 4 posts since this one Go and chill out somewhere
Old 12-02-2015, 18:17   #164
Senior Member+

Really cannot understand it - La Crème are still playing crap and yet scraping another win Cannot understand some of VGs selections and formations - but it is working, for the moment, at least better than 17 other managers, especially the ones who have had almost 3 years or more to win something or other
Old 12-02-2015, 18:49   #165
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Cannot understand some of VGs selections and formations
What do you expect, he's Dutch, probably has a schmoke or several while making his decisions & drawing his diagrams for the press.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..