Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree75Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2014, 05:22   #106
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: Mancie's Thread - The Scousers search for the Holy Grail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Have the scousers given up already even when their team are on a charge for the top of the league
Not one to get over excited I'll continue to watch the progress with most things crossed. Maybe it won't be our season for the league this year, but finishing above the Manky U's would be a plus.
Old 04-12-2014, 15:27   #107
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Not one to get over excited I'll continue to watch the progress with most things crossed. Maybe it won't be our season for the league this year, but finishing above the Manky U's would be a plus.
I am sure they will strive to consistently achieve the amazingly low standards they have become used to
Old 09-12-2014, 18:02   #108
Senior Member+

What a great FA Cup draw, it must give the Stanley lads that extra boost to overcome Yeovil - then a ground swap for the tie with La Crème - a share of a 76K gate, oh boy what that will do for the Stanley finances - C'mon Stanley
Old 09-12-2014, 18:08   #109
Senior Member+

What a difference a year makes - how it shows up the large egg dressing on the scousers who were slagging La Crème last season - By the way, does anyone know where they are hiding (other than the only true scouser - Hi DinG)
3rd - 9th
28pts - 21pts
9 GD - 0GD
Footballs a funny game, situations can change quite quickly in half of a season
Old 09-12-2014, 19:57   #110
God Member

Quote:
What a great FA Cup draw, it must give the Stanley lads that extra boost to overcome Yeovil - then a ground swap for the tie with La Crème - a share of a 76K gate, oh boy what that will do for the Stanley finances - C'mon Stanley
A great draw indeed & hopefully we can win the replay & start making plans for the 3rd round - a ground swap can not happen though as this is no longer an option unless there is a safety risk.
To be honest if we do get through next Tuesday night I'd rather play them at the Crown as although a stadium with a bigger capacity would obviously mean more money through the turnstiles it would take away our home advantage & deprive us of the pleasure of watching United's pampered players coping with our facilities & that will be priceless
cashman likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 21:21   #111
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
A great draw indeed & hopefully we can win the replay & start making plans for the 3rd round - a ground swap can not happen though as this is no longer an option unless there is a safety risk.
To be honest if we do get through next Tuesday night I'd rather play them at the Crown as although a stadium with a bigger capacity would obviously mean more money through the turnstiles it would take away our home advantage & deprive us of the pleasure of watching United's pampered players coping with our facilities & that will be priceless
Wasn't aware that they cannot swap the venue - just thinking of the revenue that would go Stanley's way if it was done as it used to be with a 50/50 split of the gate money. But anyway let us hope they overcome Yeovil
Old 09-12-2014, 21:34   #112
Senior Member+

Oh dear, what a shame, never mind - perhaps the dodger meant next year when he talked of conquering Europe
Still you still have the Europa League to look forward to and of course your biggest game of the season on Sunday
I don't really fancy our chances as we are playing such crap and the scousers are such a great team - according to BG, and we are destined for relegation - also according to BG
Poor chap must really be sick - probably sick that all his predictions have fallen flat. Do wonder where he and all the other so called scouse supporters are hiding leaving poor old DinG to carry on by himself
Old 10-12-2014, 16:37   #113
Senior Member+

A thought for all the scousers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Scouse Christmas.jpg (11.4 KB, 7 views)
Old 12-12-2014, 21:26   #114

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Much as I hate to publicise anything plastic...ya gotta laugh

Old 13-12-2014, 06:54   #115
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post

I had seen it G but didn't want to criticise too harshly. How quickly the year seems to have gone - is it really 12 months since BG was telling us that La Crème were in terminal decline and the scousers were on their way to becoming the real force in the Premier League.
Well tomorrow will be interesting, the Kings in waiting against poor old La Crème - the world according to BG will see the scousers triumph - could well be, we will probably continue to play crap and it really all depends on who plays the worst crap - La Crème without a settled defence and the scousers unable to score or stop the opposition from scoring.
BG must be on a long holiday or he must have been flying Malaysia Airlines
Old 13-12-2014, 14:05   #116
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
Ya Scrote! Pish taking as it is, I can appreciate the humour & must admit to grinning while viewing.

Looking for a good game against the Mankies on Sunday, hopefully the Pool will show some old style grit against the "Qwd enemy" eh Barrie!!
Old 13-12-2014, 22:57   #117
Senior Member+

Quote:
Ya Scrote! Pish taking as it is, I can appreciate the humour & must admit to grinning while viewing.

Looking for a good game against the Mankies on Sunday, hopefully the Pool will show some old style grit against the "Qwd enemy" eh Barrie!!
"Qwd enemy" - is that a new scousism?
Just hoping both teams play well tomorrow DinG, if either one play the usual crap then it won't be so good and if they both play the usual crap it will be a fiasco
See that all your mates are still missing
Old 14-12-2014, 11:33   #118
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
"Qwd enemy"

See that all your mates are still missing
Okay, the first 'un was a typo, as to the second point, they're probably busy out & about doing their Christmas nicking!
Old 14-12-2014, 14:43   #119
God Member

Quote:
That's right! You just make sure them clumping big size 11's are laced up proper tight mind.
So tight they've cut off the circulation to my feet. What was the score today?

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2014, 15:54   #120
Senior Member+

Oh dear, what a shame, never mind. The gap is only 10 points and I am sure you will make that up before the season ends

Quote:
Si, you should know, there's Scouse Gits (who are proxy Manks) ..... And there's Scouse Gits! (From Anfield who kick Manky arse)
And a Scouse Git showed your foreign legion (are there any scousers in the team except Past His Sell By Date Gerrard?), how to run a game and score goals - and be there right to the end - did you say where your other scouse supporters are? They can't all be nicking hub caps or Rudolph's legs.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..