Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree75Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2014, 16:07   #91
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: Mancie's Thread - The Scousers search for the Holy Grail

Well! We were poor no denying it, but it seems the Manky U's aren't taking advantage.
Old 03-11-2014, 16:01   #92
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Well! We were poor no denying it, but it seems the Manky U's aren't taking advantage.
We were playing the reigning champions

Quite a good week all round for our teams except Burnley.
La Crème only going 1-0 down to the NN, better than last year and quite an effort after the stupidity of Smalling and the unfortunate injury to Rojo – work still in progress but doing OK – got Chelsea and the NN out of the way.
Another good week for the scousers, only losing 3 goals against RM but of course that was at Anfield – what will this week bring for them, after going down to Newcastle – dodger doesn’t see to be doing too well with his “chosen ones” – hadn’t realised he has spent over £215M since 2012, some good investments there. I wonder how long he can hide behind the Italian clown.
Good results for Stanley and the deadwoods, just hope they can keep it up to the end of the season although I would dearly love to see Stanley playing a local derby against the deadwoods.
Old 04-11-2014, 17:20   #93
Senior Member+

It can't be true, must be a false rumour - do Scousers really intend to fly a banner over the next match saying that "Dodgy" must go?
Must be a scurrilous ploy by La Crème fans
Old 09-11-2014, 17:00   #94

A Liverpool fan said to me recently 'Form is temporary, class is timeless'.

Something about that comment coming from a Liverpool fan didn't sound quite right, so I looked up their record since they were founded.

Apart from a fairly tight envelope of success between 1977 and 1989 (12 years) Liverpool's success over the last 100+ years isn't much better than any other premiership team.

They spent most of the 1950s and early 1960s in the second division, and with no success in their domestic league for over 25 years, the idea that Liverpool are anything other than a run of the mill team doesn't really hold much water.
Barrie Yates likes this.
hyndburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 17:17   #95
Senior Member+

There are a lot of strange things happening! DinG seems to be the only surviving scouse supporter - was BG flying with Malaysian Airline or could he be in the hands of IS? No he is probably burying his head along with his hopes of a Premiership Title on some far off tropical beach.
Not much coming out of the NN camp either, perhaps because they are falling further behind Chelsea and looking for the entrance into the Europa Cup.
Stanley continuing their good run, let us hope it continues - the Cup to bring some extra revenue and points to get into the play off places at least.
Great day for Burnley, perhaps that will set them off on a good run and get them out of relegation danger.
Even the deadwoods are doing OK, is it going to continue or will they revert to mediocrity?
La Crème still not doing well, work still in progress but at least we are in the top half of the league, quite a few places above the scousers who were said to be going to the top this season, but Jammy Dodgers somehow never really lived up to their promise. Perhaps he will be able to rest more of his players this next week unless Naughty Roy plays any of them for England. We will see - funny old game is football.
Old 10-11-2014, 17:43   #96
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
DinG seems to be the only surviving scouse supporter
Proper little martyr me!
Old 10-11-2014, 20:24   #97
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Proper little martyr me!
Tenacity Mate, tenacity - or a "Glutton for Punishment"
Old 23-11-2014, 17:27   #98
Senior Member+

Can't believe this, must be living a dream. I just wish we didn't have so many injuries and were playing well, then it really would be a fantasy.
After a season of taking all the crap from last year, how the world has changed.
All the scousers - except good old DinG, have deserted their favourite club, "Where have all the Scousers gone, short time passing".
It really is unbelievable, La Crème in the top four and the scousers only 3 points above the relegation zone
How long before they get rid of the Dodger - hasn't shown much sense in buying players has he
It cannot last, things must revert to normal with the scousers achieving their normal levels and La Crème falling by the wayside - after all we are a team in transition
Good luck in the CL next week you scousers - remember if you fail then you are in the Europa League and you really don't want that but it is better than we have got
Keep the faith DinG, a true loyal supporter - even if somewhat disillusioned
Old 24-11-2014, 04:59   #99
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

And life still goes on.
Old 24-11-2014, 10:21   #100
God Member

The Wisdom of Brendan Rodgers.

These Brendan Rodgers quotes about Southampton are now a little bit awkward - Mirror Online

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2014, 17:31   #101
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
That's right! You just make sure them clumping big size 11's are laced up proper tight mind.
Old 24-11-2014, 18:20   #102
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Ah Barrie, but DinG has a saving grace, He comes up Stanley every time hes oer this way.
Old 24-11-2014, 18:40   #103
God Member

Perhaps I may be taking things for granted, but 'He who laughs, last laughs longest'

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2014, 21:58   #104
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Ah Barrie, but DinG has a saving grace, He comes up Stanley every time hes oer this way.
Just further proof, but what can you expect of a scouser
Old 03-12-2014, 15:50   #105
Senior Member+

Have the scousers given up already even when their team are on a charge for the top of the league
Can they all be on holiday I wonder?
It does begin to appear that the only true scouser is our man in Krautland, good old DinG

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..