Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree75Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2014, 17:43   #46
Senior Member+

Re: Mancie's Thread - The Scousers search for the Holy Grail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Varrechia View Post
Actually Barrie, I'm a lifelong City supporter so haven't been waiting at all.

But how long did you have to wait? - surely it couldn't have been as long as the scousers have - have you thought of going to night school for English and then you can learn to spell words of more than 4 letters
Accrington Web
Old 02-09-2014, 17:48   #47
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
N.L.T.B.G.Y.D. Do not argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
Would never dream of arguing with you Cashy
Old 02-09-2014, 19:18   #48

Barrie I would sooner wait than support manure. . Just as I'm sure that if this is the start of a utd decline some fans will carry supporting, but the plastics will leave in their droves.
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 09:29   #49
Senior Member+

So they get rid of one idiot and get a new one - apparently Balotelli was substituted by agreement, rather than being sent off after kicking out at an opposition player in a "friendly" match
Old 08-09-2014, 10:53   #50
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
So they get rid of one idiot and get a new one - apparently Balotelli was substituted by agreement, rather than being sent off after kicking out at an opposition player in a "friendly" match
So did united it seems. but that was Managers.
Old 08-09-2014, 11:36   #51
God Member

Quote:
There's a big difference between someone who bites another player & one who maybe gets a little frustrated & kicks out - not that I'm condoning the kicking but everyone can make mistakes & if I remember rightly even the legend that is David Beckham was guilty of it at one time
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2014, 23:28   #52
Senior Member+

Somewhat surprised that the scousers and the NN are keeping their opinions to themselves this weekend
Great win for Stanley - perhaps they are better off without a manager. Rovers must have played a blinder - I know someone who is smiling wherever he is now.
Poor Jammy Dodger - England staff caused his player to be injured and as he went shopping in the Charity Shop instead of Harrod's, seeing as the 2 strikers he brought in - was it only 2?, were unable to score. But in all honesty it was like watching Brazil - Ice Hockey team
NN were lucky against a good Arsenal effort but the team for this year must be Chelsea - unless they implode.
As for La Crème - well, early days yet but encouraging signs certainly. All the new chaps were impressive although they had taken their feet off the pedal when Falcao came on - now only 1 point behind the scousers
Old 15-09-2014, 08:12   #53
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
now only 1 point behind the scousers
The points are immaterial Barrie, the salient point is the one in bold.
Old 16-09-2014, 19:39   #54
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
The points are immaterial Barrie, the salient point is the one in bold.
After last year it is a big improvement
Sincerely, I do hope the scousers do OK tonight, after 5 years, 4 managers, over 40 new players and approx £400 spent, they do deserve to do better than the last time
DaveinGermany likes this.
Old 16-09-2014, 19:46   #55
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
after 5 years, 4 managers, over 40 new players and approx £400 spent, they do deserve to do better than the last time
Just because I gave you a like don't mean I can't tell you to "wind yer' neck in!" You chopsy Mank.
Old 17-09-2014, 10:06   #56
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Just because I gave you a like don't mean I can't tell you to "wind yer' neck in!" You chopsy Mank.
Hey DinG, they won, so I am pleased for you - honestly
They are going to have to improve a great deal though if they want to progress out of the group stage, allowing an away goal could cost them very dear.
Old 21-09-2014, 12:13   #57
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Won't be long now before a certain someone comes smugging along.
Old 21-09-2014, 14:41   #58
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Another stunning comeback...........................oops wrong side.
AccyMad and Alan Varrechia like this.
Old 21-09-2014, 16:39   #59
Senior Member+

What a crap display - it all seemed to go wrong when the very dodgy penalty was awarded - the foul immediately before it was certainly more of a foul than what he gave the first penalty for. No disagreement with the second one - Clattenberg must have had some money on the result or the number of penalties awarde.
Here I was thinking that a win would put us ahead of the hub cap collectors after their dismal display yesterday - gloom.
Good result for Stanley although they almost threw away all the great work they had put in.
Burnley look as though they want to set a record for the most number of consecutive draws, they have got to start winning especially at home.
Rovers scraped through again but at least it was a win, but as most teams that go to the Cottage seem to manage that.
Next weekend should be interesting
Old 22-09-2014, 09:18   #60

What do Manchester United and Richard III have in common?
That's right - they were both buried in Leicester.
cashman and DaveinGermany like this.
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..