Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree75Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-01-2015, 07:28   #136
Senior Member+

Re: Mancie's Thread - The Scousers search for the Holy Grail

Well, well, the missing scouser has finally surfaced - is that due to them winning a couple of games at last?
I am sure that they will continue with their charge for the top - as long as StevieG keeps scoring for them seeing that Lambert & Balotelli seem to be nothing more than decoration
Accrington Web
Old 20-01-2015, 07:29   #137
Senior Member+

La Crème are still playing crap for too long in every match, but still managing to hang on to our lead over the scousers so far - so if we are playing crap how does one describe them?
Where have all the scousers gone? Even their only real supporter is missing - c'mon DinG, we miss you.
Chelski storming on, could be that they have got the title sewn up already.
The NN were really turned over by the Arse who looked very impressive.
The Clarets threw it away, they really need to learn how to hang on to a decent lead, perhaps there was a touch of overconfidence.
Deadwoods managing to hang on - can they keep it up and make a challenge for the play offs.
Stanley, oh Stanley - what a loss against a team that is only just managing to survive. Surely they can get themselves back into gear and start to climb further up the table.
A difficult week ahead for the scousers - top of the Premiership and then a lower level Championship side, should be very interesting.
Old 20-01-2015, 17:44   #138
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Where have all the scousers gone? Even their only real supporter is missing - c'mon DinG, we miss you.
Calm down, calm down! We're still here Barrie, lurking in the shadows contemplating what to nick next! No doubt you'll be hearing from us presently.

Last edited by DaveinGermany; 20-01-2015 at 17:46.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2015, 08:42   #139
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Calm down, calm down! We're still here Barrie, lurking in the shadows contemplating what to nick next! No doubt you'll be hearing from us presently.
Welcome back DinG even though there is nothing to celebrate from last night - except for the fact that your lot didn't get beat.
See that your other ex-regular "supporter" is around again, but he seems to be acting like the politician members.
Old 21-01-2015, 12:06   #140

Can I just say that as an Everton fan, I've always been proud to be called Bitter and Twisted by my Liverpool supporting friends.

However, I'm rapidly running out of things to be bitter and twisted about, so can Liverpool FC please start playing a bit better?
Barrie Yates likes this.
hyndburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2015, 15:19   #141
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyndburner View Post
so can Liverpool FC please start playing a bit better?
When you get this from a Toffee lad, you just know the world is going mental!
hyndburner likes this.
Old 21-01-2015, 17:17   #142
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
When you get this from a Toffee lad, you just know the world is going mental!
Never mind DinG, we will soon get the word from both BG and the Dodger about how good they intend to be Please remind me of when the scousers last won the Premiership?
Of course the Dodger is a winner - isn't he?
Old 21-01-2015, 17:51   #143
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Please remind me of when the scousers last won the Premiership?
Good question, deserves an answer, but at this present time the relevant answer quite escapes me! I will endeavour to find out asap & will get back to you presently ...........

Yeah Right!
Barrie Yates likes this.
Old 24-01-2015, 04:51   #144
JFT96

Well La Creme showed Cambridge United last night what £150 Million in players buys you......A DRAW.....pure class

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2015, 09:34   #145
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
See that your other regular "supporter" is around again,
He most certainly is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
Well La Creme showed Cambridge United last night what £150 Million in players buys you......A DRAW.....pure class
And there you go! A rather pertinent post wouldn't you agree?
Old 24-01-2015, 17:36   #146
God Member

Quote:
Yes ... but I see Bradford and 'Boro are thru ... Not a United fan by any means; but maybe it's time the big clubs did a little bit of re-thinking about trying to buy a winning team. Seems like there's no real shortage of good British players around. It's about time we saw more of them in the EPL.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2015, 18:27   #147
God Member

And the scousers couldn't beat Bolton ... The FA Cup, even tho' it doesn't seem to be as important as it used to be, is a hell of a lot more interesting than the EPL.
Old 24-01-2015, 19:48   #148
God Member

It's fifty years since Churchill died. And I've no idea which team he supported. But he did say: "Why, you may take the most gallant sailor, the most intrepid airman, or the most audacious soldier, put them at a table together - what do you get? The sum of their fears." If you apply this to the Premier League's high-priced foreign help, you seem to get "The sum of their weaknesses." At least on this crazy FA Cup weekend.
Old 25-01-2015, 14:58   #149
Senior Member+

Quote:
Just as classy as you scousers and you were playing at Anfield - the so called impregnable fortress
One must realise that over the last 5 years La Crème have spent £5M more than the scousers (have you won anything in the last 5 years?)
A replay at Old Trafford is good for us and for Cambridge - a share of a 75K gate means more cash in the pot - after all we are only the 2nd richest club in the world so every penny helps
I occasionally forget that the only time you play before a 75K gate is when you come to The Theatre of Dreams
Old 25-01-2015, 15:06   #150
Senior Member+

Quote:
Could be worse, Barrie, if we had had Daniel Sturridge fit, we would have been above ya.

your obsessive comments about any other team but the mighty manky U, .
And if the Tooth Fairy was real you would be a rich man, and if you had not had to get rid of the vampire ??????????

If you care to look at your postings from last season - don't expect you to remember that type of drivel, you very rarely, if at all, commented about your own team, all you ever did was to attempt childish slagging of La Creme

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..