Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree75Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2014, 15:39   #76
Senior Member+

Re: Mancie's Thread - The Scousers search for the Holy Grail

No sign of the scousers even though they won a game, two points ahead of us for a little while, but once again now one point behind - don't get upset chaps, it can't stay like that
Great win for Stanley - top half of the table and only 2 points off the play off places. Here's hoping that Coleman stays the course and continues this winning streak.
Rovers still riding their luck and scraping a scoreless draw - at home
Burnley got a point, but unless they sort things out it is going to be another short stay in the Premier, mind you the parachute payment will help if they are relegated
A week off for everyone except Stanley and they should have a good chance of beating D & R, that would be absolutely fantastic.
Accrington Web
Old 05-10-2014, 21:38   #77
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Would be even better if the other teams fans ventured oer to see Stanley Next Sat, Be a great opportunity to see what there missing.
Old 05-10-2014, 23:46   #78
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Would be even better if the other teams fans ventured oer to see Stanley Next Sat, Be a great opportunity to see what there missing.
Not next Saturday but trying to go and see the La Crème U-21 against them
Old 06-10-2014, 04:53   #79
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Shall be there next Sat with the Witch, the annual pilgrimage home starts this Wednesday.
Old 06-10-2014, 09:06   #80
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Shall be there next Sat with the Witch, the annual pilgrimage home starts this Wednesday.
Thought you had already been on holiday - or were you just keeping your head below the parapet?
Old 06-10-2014, 18:22   #81
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Thought you had already been on holiday - or were you just keeping your head below the parapet?
No, no hols so far just a couple of long week-ends when my Dad was over. As to keeping below the parapet, I prefer to see it as waiting for the right moment to sally forth!
Old 07-10-2014, 09:44   #82
Senior Member+

Quote:
sally forth!
I haven't had the pleasure of meeting her DinG
Old 07-10-2014, 09:55   #83
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
We lurk in the Greyhound pre match these days dave. twill be my last un our pilgimage starts next weds.
Old 07-10-2014, 17:20   #84
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
I haven't had the pleasure of meeting her DinG
Think yourself lucky!

Quote:
We lurk in the Greyhound pre match these days dave. twill be my last un our pilgimage starts next weds.
I shall present myself to the appropriate authorities come Saturday.
cashman likes this.
Old 21-10-2014, 15:57   #85
Senior Member+

Not a good week for La Crème, definitely still work in progress, a great pity we couldn't get the opposition to score a couple of goals for us like the scousers managed - 5 goals and the opposition scored 4 of them.
I am sure Balotelli will score one day, feelings for the other one from Southampton, now he can't get a game, being kept out by a chap who can't score. Maybe he will put it all together against Real.
Chelsea and the NN are both steaming on but it will be interesting to see how they do next weekend - hoping that Chelsea suffer a massive hangover at the weekend.
Burnley still struggling, going to have to get a good run going or they will be out of it by Christmas.
Good result for the deadwoods but a pity that Stanley couldn't get their winning ways back.
An interesting week in front of us - scousers now pulling away from La Crème but we are in transition and they are going to win the title at long last - didn't the dodger say that was the target?
Old 22-10-2014, 22:45   #86
Senior Member+

Couldn't believe the score 0-3. I thought it would have been more than that the way that RM walked through the scousers "defence" Still, after the other result they could progress further. Where were Balotelli and Lambert, and Sterling must have had "heavy" legs again.
Old 26-10-2014, 14:32   #87
Senior Member+

Scousers must all be on holiday, well, I know DinG has been, after yesterday's good result I thought we might have heard from them - BG doesn't fly for a Malaysian Airline does he?
Certainly an improvement yesterday, a clean sheet and a point further ahead of La Crème - and today's match is a foregone conclusion, ah well.
Great day for Rovers, what a recovery and now only 4 points away from the top.
Burnley getting deeper in trouble, saw a little of the game and there was some good play from Burnley. I think it just proves that any team that gets promoted must speculate cash to achieve anything.
A good result from Stanley, just a pity they couldn't hold the lead but Newport are 8 places above them in the league so a point away must be considered good.
The NN have suddenly gone quiet.
Old 26-10-2014, 15:39   #88
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Scousers must all be on holiday, well, I know DinG has been, after yesterday's good result I thought we might have heard from them.
We're still here Barrie, just quietly watching.
Old 26-10-2014, 18:24   #89
Senior Member+

You might be but what about your acolytes?
Good game today, kept on your coat tails, certainly getting better and when VP gets fully fit and WR is back plus the injuries are finally cleared up - just hope we don't get an infection of "heavy legs" a la Sterling.
When are the dodgers "chosen ones" (Balotelli & Lambert), going to start being strikers - football that is, not Mum's neighbours
Old 27-10-2014, 10:23   #90
God Member

Quote:
You might be but what about your acolytes?
Good game today, kept on your coat tails, certainly getting better and when VP gets fully fit and WR is back plus the injuries are finally cleared up - just hope we don't get an infection of "heavy legs" a la Sterling.
When are the dodgers "chosen ones" (Balotelli & Lambert), going to start being strikers - football that is, not Mum's neighbours
Actually watched the game ... not bad at all; very entertaining ... I do think that, for United, that this just might be "the end of the beginning". Seemed like some real team spirit was happening. Alto' the Dutch guy did make a mistake selling Wellbeck, he'll probably do well. There seem to be lots of positves ... De Gea, for example, what is he? 23? Looks like they won't have to worry about goaltending for a while. I was always impressed by him ... even when he was making the occasional screw up. But there is no shortage of good goalies in the league, unlike the officials. Football must be the worst refereed sport on the planet. I've watched a couple of dozen hockey games so far this season, and have not seen any dodgy calls by the guys in the striped shirts.

Anyway, back to the World Series and the beautiful game on ice.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..