Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-10-2009, 11:23   #811

Re: "Save Our Stanley"

There is a write up in the LT but i cant find the link
katei77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-10-2009, 11:35   #812
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
it's easy to stop a lot of the criticism. The club simply need to make the announcement ...
AMEN to that Sir!

not just with regards to this whole sorry episode but with everything that goes on within the club.

when people are not armed with the facts they will use hearsay and rumour (and nobody is exempt from that). When hearsay and rumour is exhausted they will simply make up it up - educated guesses and so on. So often it could be nipped in the bud with a quick statement but that is hardly ever done. Its as though they hark back to the old Kipax saying that no all publicity is good publicity.

Communication is the key to absolutely everything and should be etched on every wall in the club.
Old 20-10-2009, 11:59   #813
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeny View Post
Unfortunately I feel personal feelings come into these comments.If people have a dislike of David O ,then they give negative comments about him. Personally, I have met both David O and Ilyas K only the once and find them both decent men.
As far as I am aware, there is no discussion about whether David O'Neill or Ilyas Khan are decent men, or otherwise. Decency has little connection with effective management. I have no personal feelings whatsoever towards the people you name; I neither like them nor dislike them. However, I can like or dislike the things they do - or don't do. I expect people in positions of authority to display leadership, vision, awareness, business acumen, and adeptness in public relations. These are skills, not personality traits to be liked or disliked.

If they do not have these skills, they should not be in positions of authority.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2009, 12:23   #814

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
I thought that the packages had been announced. I was also under the impression that income from the sale of these "shares" could be used to boost the SOS Fund. Ah, well........

I'm starting to feel quite sorry for Rob Heys. In a rare idle moment yesterday, I was tempted to compile a list of his generalisations, clichés and platitudes. But actually, he is in such an invidious position because of the minimal contribution from one co-chairperson (other than unhelpful, nay offensive, comments in a programme and the epic "I assure you that I will not let Accrington Stanley fold again") and the non-existent contribution from the other (hopefully happy and smiling) co-chairperson.

I have noticed that the number of people looking at this forum seems to have declined over the last 48 hours. Maybe I'm not correct here, but that is certainly my impression. If I am correct, does that mean that apathy is starting to take over?
From what Martin told me last week re the share issue the legal stuff was being sorted out and anyone who had their name on the list would be contacted shortly (1-2 weeks) either by phone or Email detailing the packages available, obviously of the 1000 available some would come at a premium ie no1, 18, 21,62, 68, 1000 etc, been working at the club again today but I did,nt see Martin so I have no more information at the moment but if anything comes to light I will gladly share.
stanley convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2009, 13:21   #815
Resting In Peace

Just received my official applicaton form
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2009, 13:28   #816
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley convert View Post
obviously of the 1000 available some would come at a premium ie no1, 18, 21,62, 68, 1000 etc
"Obviously" - why so??

No wonder the club is having to sort out the "legal stuff". It could be heading for big trouble if it is not careful. The "shares" package was advertised at £250 + vat. As far as I can recall, there was no reference to premiums in the initial offer.

Value of premimums? Possible allegations of favouritism? This could be a legal and Google Page Ranking minefield.
Old 20-10-2009, 13:45   #817

These are the packages:

Platinum
Limited Company Share and Official Certificate numbered SOS 001/500/999/1000 with limited SOS edition replica home shirt marked ‘SOS 001’/‘SOS 1000’ signed by full playing squad and management plus framed.
£1,000 x 4

Gold
Limited Company Share and Official Certificate with corresponding SOS edition home shirt as worn by the squad in 2009/10 season. Numbered SOS 002 to SOS040
£500 x39

Silver
Limited Company Share and Official Certificate with corresponding SOS edition replica home shirt and signed by an Accrington Stanley squad member of your choice.Numbered SOS041 to SOS100 + SOS100 + SOS 200/300/400/500/600/700/800/900
£500 x 67

Bronze
Limited Company Share and Official Certificate with corresponding SOS edition replica home shirt. Numbered SOS101 to SOS998 (excl hundreds)
£250 x 890

There are upgrades available as well

Over to you lawyers now............

Last edited by Bradshaw Boy; 20-10-2009 at 13:54. Reason: missed something - actually missed a lot off but I'm sure somebody will fill in the gaps - posted in wrong thread as well
Bradshaw Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2009, 13:51   #818
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

It's a lot to pay for a picture of a worthless share, I will save my money for a supporters trust, thank you.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2009, 14:04   #819
Senior Member+

What exactly is a "limited company share"? How is it related to the "B shares" originally advertised? Does it have voting rights?

Three questions to start the ball rolling.
Old 20-10-2009, 14:07   #820
Senior Member+

Quote:
As far as I am aware, there is no discussion about whether David O'Neill or Ilyas Khan are decent men, or otherwise. Decency has little connection with effective management. I have no personal feelings whatsoever towards the people you name; I neither like them nor dislike them. However, I can like or dislike the things they do - or don't do. I expect people in positions of authority to display leadership, vision, awareness, business acumen, and adeptness in public relations. These are skills, not personality traits to be liked or disliked.

If they do not have these skills, they should not be in positions of authority.

VERY well put..............
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2009, 14:38   #821
Super Moderator

Story now breaking in the national media...

STANLEY OFFER SHARES TO SUPPORTERS | Coca Cola League 2 Football Transfer News, Football News, Fixtures, Results, Match Reports, Stats

So the share money IS going to be used to pay the taxman. Better get buying 'em now!
Old 20-10-2009, 14:47   #822
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradshaw Boy View Post
Over to you lawyers now............
What do you mean by that? You can buy your share package for £250+vat or if you want a special numbered share and an upgrade you can pay extra. What is the problem with that.

This is the full description
Quote:
Become an Official Accrington Stanley Shareholder:
10% of Accrington Stanley Football Club’s existing shares are on general sale through an exclusive Share Issue Package. The Accrington Stanley Share Issue Package offers supporters of the football club from around the world to be part of the ownership at Accrington Stanley Football Club ltd as an official share holder. There are 1000 official shares available through a range of different profile packages providing the opportunity for fans to be listed in the club’s official shareholder register, invited to Annual General Meetings, be entitled to the company’s financial accounts as well as receive a limited edition Save Our Stanley new home strip, official certificate plus 10 Flexi-tickets.

Shares
Ownership of a Limited Company ‘B’ Share is an official stake in Accrington Stanley Football Club Ltd whereby the holder is listed in the official company register, invited to company AGMs, plus entitled to annual financial accounts.
Accrington Stanley Football Club Ltd consists of 2000 Category ‘A’ Shares plus 9,800 Category ‘B’ Shares. Each full share is of equal holding value. The Share Issue Package involves a selection of current Shareholders that have agreed to release a combined total of 1000 existing Category B Shares back to the company which are now on general sale as part of a limited edition package.
As Share Packages are sold, the company shareholder register of Accrington Stanley football club limited will be amended accordingly, accommodating the details of each new shareholder.

Certificate
Upon purchasing a limited share, subject to the Memorandum and Articles of Association of the Company, a share certificate will be granted to the holder, dated and signed by a Company Director and Company Secretary. The share will also contain a unique SOS Reference listed between SOS 001-1000 accordingly that coincides with the SOS Reference embroided on to the limited edition Save Our Stanley home shirt.

Shirt
Accrington Stanley Football Club has agreed a new kit supplier to provide playing and training kit, as well as replica shirts and other branded apparel for retail. 1000 home shirts will be produced as limited edition ‘Save Our Stanley 09’ shirts to commemorate the recent fundraising efforts and celebrate the of Accrington Stanley. Shirts acquired as part of the Share Issue Package will be fully embroided with the ‘Save Our Stanley 09’ message plus unique SOS Code Number that correlates to the numbered limited share acquired.

Flexi-Tickets
Included in each package are 10x Flexi-Tickets.
One Flexi-Ticket entitles one Adult/Concession/Child to attend any home league fixture and can be used for ten people for one game, one person for ten games or combinations thereof. The tickets do not carry an expiry date and can therefore be used for upcoming seasons. Flexi-Tickets are to be handed to turnstile operators of the chosen stand.
Flexi-Tickets are non-refundable and contain no cash value.

Sponsorship Vouchers
As well as becoming an official Shareholder at Accrington Stanley, you or your company can receive 10% off a Match Day sponsorship or hospitality visit. There are a range of sponsorship opportunities for each home fixture including Official Match Sponsor, Match Ball Sponsor, and Programme Sponsor. The sponsorship and hospitality includes a delicious, home made three course meal in the ‘Buy the House’ lounge, reserved sponsorship seats by the dug-outs or the option of watching the game inside the lounge, a half time presentation as a sponsor with signed Accrington Stanley Merchandise, complimentary match day programme and team sheet and exclusive pre game announcement by assistant manager Jimmy Bell.

Merchandise Voucher
Get 10% off your next visit to the Crown Store especially once it is restocked with branded attire and training gear from the new kit supplier.
If you don't want to buy one why slag them off. O'Neill and co are just trying to save Stanley, why not help them instead of hindering them.
Old 20-10-2009, 14:51   #823
Resting In Peace

Quote:
What exactly is a "limited company share"? How is it related to the "B shares" originally advertised? Does it have voting rights?

Three questions to start the ball rolling.
What are you on about "Three questions to start the ball rolling" If you have read the share offer your questions will have been answered and shouldn't have needed asking.
Old 20-10-2009, 15:01   #824

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
What do you mean by that? You can buy your share package for £250+vat or if you want a special numbered share and an upgrade you can pay extra. What is the problem with that.

This is the full description

If you don't want to buy one why slag them off. O'Neill and co are just trying to save Stanley, why not help them instead of hindering them.
yep and I said in my edit that somebody else would fill in the missing bits and you have - so well done.

Revived Red said "Value of premimums? Possible allegations of favouritism? This could be a legal and Google Page Ranking minefield." - hence my glib comment about lawyers.

I can't see where I've slagged anybody off but there you go.

By what I seen on here and in the various Media outlets there are loads of people trying to save Stanley - why else would I have donated to the SOS fund and asked the club for a share application form?
Bradshaw Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2009, 15:03   #825
Senior Member+

Quote:
What are you on about "Three questions to start the ball rolling" If you have read the share offer your questions will have been answered and shouldn't have needed asking.
An unfortunate tone there, Jeff.

Questions DO need asking because the terms of the offer seem to change. How about looking at one of your posts:
Quote:
The flexi tickets are for any 2009-2010 League 2 game or friendly as per the announcement in last night's programme

Attachment 14635
The flexi tickets are now of unlimited validity but you assured us, quoting the programme, that they were only valid for 2009/2010.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..