Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2008, 21:36   #376
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Don't bug me teacher, eating me breakfast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
No, stop being so paranoid - Nutty Butty is actually the name of the sandwich shop involved.

Lancsdave wasn't trying to make a joke at your expense - he was pointing out the irony that we're all calling the shopkeeper a bit nutty for calling the papers, and the shop is called Nutty Butty.
pointless trying to explain to one who is never wrong.
Old 08-07-2008, 21:39   #377
God Member

Quote:
jambutty Did the teacher have permission to be outside the school during school hours? Was she there to buy staff breakfasts? I’ve posed this question before but no one seems to have been interested in making a comment.
Probably employed to round up kids who think that school rules don't apply to them!!!
Old 08-07-2008, 21:41   #378
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post

Did the teacher have permission to be outside the school during school hours? Was she there to buy staff breakfasts? I’ve posed this question before but no one seems to have been interested in making a comment.

I wonder why not? Could it possibly be that my query could have a ring of truth in it and the teacher supporters would then have to admit that she was in the wrong?
Perhaps we haven't answered the question because none of us know the answer to the question. Bearing in mind that the head teacher didn't say that the teacher did not have permission to be in the shop it may be a fair assumption that she did - but it would only be an assumption. We cannot say for sure. Perhaps you would like to phone the school and ask.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 21:44   #379
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Don't bug me teacher, eating me breakfast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
this from one who gets a monk on about karma n takes that seriously. lighten up fer god sake.
With a very heavy dose of sarcasm.
I do beg your pardon.

I wasn’t aware that I had to conform to your standards.

Use your imagination as to what I would say but for forum etiquette but I’ll sum it up in two words. The third word is also censored.

GET LOST!
Old 08-07-2008, 21:48   #380
Apprentice Geriatric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
No, stop being so paranoid - Nutty Butty is actually the name of the sandwich shop involved.

Lancsdave wasn't trying to make a joke at your expense - he was pointing out the irony that we're all calling the shopkeeper a bit nutty for calling the papers, and the shop is called Nutty Butty.
You are assuming that I knew the name of the shop, which I didn’t.
Old 08-07-2008, 21:49   #381
Apprentice Geriatric

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
The name of the cafe/butty shop is Nutty Butty

I'm glad mummy thinks I'm clever, she died when I was 7, thanks for passing the message on, I appreciate it
I’m sorry for your loss.

I didn’t know.
Old 08-07-2008, 21:52   #382
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
With a very heavy dose of sarcasm.
I do beg your pardon.

I wasn’t aware that I had to conform to your standards.

Use your imagination as to what I would say but for forum etiquette but I’ll sum it up in two words. The third word is also censored.

GET LOST!
ya dont have to conform to mine or anyones standards, carry on being the headmaster ya sad git.
Old 08-07-2008, 21:52   #383
Apprentice Geriatric

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Probably employed to round up kids who think that school rules don't apply to them!!!
Possibly?

But wouldn’t the head have mentioned this when he was interviewed to justify why she was where she was at that time?
Old 08-07-2008, 21:54   #384
Passed away 25-11-09

I would just like to point out that teachers are, on the whole, quite responsible people who are not, as a rule, given to "bunking off" school without the head's permission. They are, generally, in the teaching profession because they believe in the value of education, even for little horrors who think it's OK to turn up for school either late or not at all. That's why they do their best to get the miscreants to lessons on time and to prevent them from roaming the streets getting up to no-good and, occasionally, harming irascible old men (and women - let's not be sexist).

Can we lay this to rest now? If the subject isn't exhausted, I am.
Old 08-07-2008, 21:55   #385
Apprentice Geriatric

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
Perhaps we haven't answered the question because none of us know the answer to the question. Bearing in mind that the head teacher didn't say that the teacher did not have permission to be in the shop it may be a fair assumption that she did - but it would only be an assumption. We cannot say for sure. Perhaps you would like to phone the school and ask.
That is the problem, people making assumptions.
Old 08-07-2008, 21:57   #386
Resident Waffler

Aaaargh! We AREN'T msking the assumptions though are we? You want us to but no-one has!

As for the name of the shop - it was quoted in the paper.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 22:00   #387
God Member

Quote:
That is the problem, people making assumptions.
I agree with Willows last comment............."Ring the School and ask"

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 22:00   #388
God Member

Quote:
Possibly?

But wouldn’t the head have mentioned this when he was interviewed to justify why she was where she was at that time?
Neither you nor I know why the teacher was in the shop but what we do know is the pupils were showing a blatant disregard for the school rules. They have got to learn that they can't go through life just suiting theirselves when to do things. Most kids who know they are going to be late for school try and get there as quickly as possible not stop of for a butty so if these kids were humiliated(which I very much doubt) it serves them right!!!
Old 08-07-2008, 22:02   #389
Apprentice Geriatric

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Ender View Post
I would just like to point out that teachers are, on the whole, quite responsible people who are not, as a rule, given to "bunking off" school without the head's permission. They are, generally, in the teaching profession because they believe in the value of education, even for little horrors who think it's OK to turn up for school either late or not at all. That's why they do their best to get the miscreants to lessons on time and to prevent them from roaming the streets getting up to no-good and, occasionally, harming irascible old men (and women - let's not be sexist).

Can we lay this to rest now? If the subject isn't exhausted, I am.
Meaning that some are not and of this I have ample proof as I told in an earlier post.

Neither you, nor I, nor anyone else knows why the teacher was in the Butty shop during school hours. If she was there with permission surely the head teacher would have made the point to the reporter? But he didn’t.
Old 08-07-2008, 22:05   #390
Apprentice Geriatric

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
Aaaargh! We AREN'T msking the assumptions though are we? You want us to but no-one has!

As for the name of the shop - it was quoted in the paper.
Really?

I must have read the wrong posts.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..