Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree93Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2012, 12:41   #436
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Legalise "Illegal" Drugs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
The point I am making in simple terms is - most people who use drugs have a regular dealer and over time, trust of that dealer and their wares builds up! As opposed to going down the street and buying off any dealer at random - it's basic common sense.
So in your twisted common sense the dealer who sells pure stuff is the good guy? yeh really are a space cadet.
Old 04-02-2012, 12:45   #437
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
Goodbye then.
You present a point of view, that is rather skewed to the majority of people in the world. Then you throw your toys out if the basket when people disagree with you. Very Childish. We won't miss you, or you rantings
Basically there are some people on this forum who deliberatly wind people up - such as Garinda - he knows what his game is and he does it on purpose - that is the way of the Internet! It is impersonal and arms length - so "bitter" people like Garinda can snipe and backstab at people and get away with it. If they did it in the Pub there would be a punch up! For example several times he brings my brother up off topic, nothing to do with the subject as a deliberate windup!

Talking to some people her is like talking to a brick wall. All drugs are not the same, even illegal ones. But it's not worth pointing that out to some people here as they just don't get it! Case closed!

THERE ARE SOME TWISTED PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM - WHO KNOW NOWT!
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:51   #438
Senior Member+

come on kids play nicely.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:53   #439
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
So in your twisted common sense the dealer who sells pure stuff is the good guy? yeh really are a space cadet.
I never said that! I am not saying "who sells pure stuff is the good guy!"! Some of you people are basically brainwashed, you see it in the Sun and you believe it without question!
Old 04-02-2012, 12:59   #440
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by annesingleton View Post
I haven't looked at this thread before, it seems like it's caused some controversy!
My own experience from a professional standpoint is that amongst certain groups of young people there is a culture of substance misuse, mainly in the form of cannabis (skunk), alcohol and more recently 'bubble' or mephedrone which was initially sold under the guise of a plant food and only recently made illegal.
I won't talk about alcohol which is legal to use, but with regard to the two illegal substances I've mentioned, there appear to be no positive effects. In my experience they cause people to become demotivated, paranoid, violent, unable to think clearly or function properly on a day to day basis and have a negative and destructive influence on family life. Additionally there is a link to criminality because their need to access substances leads them to burgle properties both domestic and non domestic, to act impulsively which can lead to breaking into cars and stealing property from them or 'joyriding', and to respond with violence when under the influence of substances.
I know that alcohol can have similar effects but as I said previously it is not illegal to consume.
In my experience there are no positives to using drugs and it would be a very foolish move to legalise them.
Both those drugs are a product of the drugs laws!

1) Skunk was started by drugs dealers as a way of getting round the fact that it's easier to grow cannabis indoors using powerful lights which causes it to grow faster and be much stronger than normal. This is because naturally grown cannabis from India, Pakistan was not getting into the country and cutting off their supply. Hence they came up with the idea of growing it indoors in this way and that is what is Skunk. Skunk can be grown in any indoor space in the UK with the right equipment. It is well known that it makes people "psychotic" and does not have the relaxing effect of naturally grown cannabis. Which is why all these "Shameless" style little criminals like it.

2) Again Mephedrone was also a substitute for ecstasy which was increasingly harder to get.
Old 04-02-2012, 13:06   #441
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
The point I am making in simple terms is - most people who use drugs have a regular dealer and over time, trust of that dealer and their wares builds up! As opposed to going down the street and buying off any dealer at random - it's basic common sense.
Quote:
I never said that! I am not saying "who sells pure stuff is the good guy!"! Some of you people are basically brainwashed, you see it in the Sun and you believe it without question!
Well taking yer comment to its conclusion, Most people in my experience would "Never" knowingly trust a bad guy, Though many would trust a good un, Now thats Common Sense, yer saying Trust in a regular dealer over time builds up. but oer time folk in the main become addicted, n then probably are too addled to know anyway, Seems to me like a path yeh chose yerself way back.
Old 04-02-2012, 13:14   #442
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
As far as I am concerned you are a bunch of nasty people and I will not come to this forum again stick it!

Moderator - I would like my account closed/cancelled!
Change of heart ? Mate what you fail to grasp is that people, as individuals see & perceive things differently to others so there is a difference of viewpoint & opinion.

Now just because views & opinions aren't in line with yours & people argue contra to your vision of things doesn't make them "nasty people". It makes them who they are with their own values & conscience, live with that simple fact & life will really be much simpler.
Old 04-02-2012, 13:15   #443
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Well taking yer comment to its conclusion, Most people in my experience would "Never" knowingly trust a bad guy, Though many would trust a good un, Now thats Common Sense, yer saying Trust in a regular dealer over time builds up. but oer time folk in the main become addicted, n then probably are too addled to know anyway, Seems to me like a path yeh chose yerself way back.
I told Garinda that I packed up smoking 3 years this May. I don't take other drugs part from a bit of alcohol. Tobacco is the only thing I've ever been addicted to and because you know it's a standard quality you can go to any shop for supply. Not the case with illegal drugs - some people do have standards even some drugs dealers! My mind has never been too addled anyway!
Old 04-02-2012, 13:18   #444
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Change of heart ? Mate what you fail to grasp is that people, as individuals see & perceive things differently to others so there is a difference of viewpoint & opinion.

Now just because views & opinions aren't in line with yours & people argue contra to your vision of things doesn't make them "nasty people". It makes them who they are with their own values & conscience, live with that simple fact & life will really be much simpler.
Yes that said, but why does Garinda keep digging up my brother? Only one reason to undermine what I've said and that is "nasty!"

I am saying that some peoples views and opinions are based on knee jerk reactions and misinformation!
Old 04-02-2012, 13:25   #445
Senior Member+

Quote:
Yes that said, but why does Garinda keep digging up my brother? Only one reason to undermine what I've said and that is "nasty!"

I am saying that some peoples views and opinions are based on knee jerk reactions and misinformation!
PS I told the moderators to delete my account. They asked me what the problem is and I came back and decided to comment on what had been said since. Problem is with Internet - you know an argument can't be won, so some people start muck-raking and sniping for brownie points!
Old 04-02-2012, 13:29   #446
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Yes that said, but why does Garinda keep digging up my brother?
Can't say & only he can answer that. Maybe you should ask him directly & not as part of some thread.
Old 04-02-2012, 13:31   #447
JFT96

Does that include you, resorting to name calling?
Bye again

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 13:42   #448
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
PS I told the moderators to delete my account. They asked me what the problem is and I came back and decided to comment on what had been said since. Problem is with Internet - you know an argument can't be won, so some people start muck-raking and sniping for brownie points!
Please don't go, not like this, it would be a great loss to the site, thanks to you I've learnt such a great deal about illegal substances.
Not from your input, just from the way others come on to correct you.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 13:47   #449
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
Does that include you, resorting to name calling?
Bye again
That was after he mentioned my brother which was off topic!

OK THIS IS MY LAST WORD ON THIS MATTER! MAKE YOUR OPINIONS KNOWN IN WRITING TO THE GOVERNMENT - DEADLINE 7TH FEB 2012! WEB LINK POSTED BELOW FOR MORE INFORMATION!

Call for written evidence
DRUGS

The Committee will undertake a comprehensive review of drugs policy in the new year. The Committee will examine the effectiveness of the Government’s 2010 drugs strategy and the UK Government’s contribution to global efforts to reduce the supply and demand of illicit drugs. Specifically, the Committee will consider:
  • The extent to which the Government’s 2010 drug strategy is a ‘fiscally responsible policy with strategies grounded in science, health, security and human rights’ in line with the recent recommendation by the Global Commission on Drug Policy
  • The criteria used by the Government to measure the efficacy of its drug policies
  • The independence and quality of expert advice which is being given to the government
  • Whether drug-related policing and expenditure is likely to decrease in line with police budgets and what impact this may have
  • The cost effectiveness of different policies to reduce drug usage
  • The extent to which public health considerations should play a leading role in developing drugs policy
  • The relationship between drug and alcohol abuse
  • The comparative harm and cost of legal and illegal drugs
  • The impact of the transfer of functions of the National Treatment Agency for Substance Misuse to Public Health England and how this will affect the provision of treatment
  • The availability of ‘legal highs’ and the challenges associated with adapting the legal framework to deal with new substances
  • The links between drugs, organised crime and terrorism
  • Whether the UK is supporting its global partners effectively and what changes may occur with the introduction of the national crime agency
  • Whether detailed consideration ought to be given to alternative ways of tackling the drugs dilemma, as recommended by the Select Committee in 2002 (The Government's Drugs Policy: Is It Working?, HC 318, 2001–02) and the Justice Committee’s 2010 Report on justice reinvestment (Cutting crime: the case for justice reinvestment, HC 94, 2009–10).”
Organisations and individuals interested in making written submissions are invited to do so by Tuesday 7 February 2012. Submissions should be no longer than 2,500 words. Further advice on making a submission can be found below.
Oral evidence sessions will be held in early 2012: further announcements will be made in due course.

Home Affairs Committee launches new inquiry into Drugs - News from Parliament - UK Parliament
Old 04-02-2012, 13:53   #450
JFT96

Quote:

OK THIS IS MY LAST WORD ON THIS MATTER!
Is that a promise:

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..