Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree93Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-03-2012, 18:36   #1186
Senior Member+

Re: Legalise "Illegal" Drugs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
Sugar kills Millions of people every year - not instantly but over a period of time - yet that is LEGAL!

99. Sugar can worsen the symptoms of children with attention deficit disorder (ADD).
kestrelx, you stopped at 99! I can't stand the excitement, come on, list the other 42.
You've obviously nothing better to do.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-03-2012, 18:40   #1187
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
kestrelx, you stopped at 99! I can't stand the excitement, come on, list the other 42.
You've obviously nothing better to do.
Probably had a bit of a sugar rush, and was taken off to Intensive Care, as a suspected overdose.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2012, 18:59   #1188
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Probably had a bit of a sugar rush, and was taken off to Intensive Care, as a suspected overdose.
I'm thinking of an overdose off beans Rindi, or potatoes, and hell you have to keep your eye on them beetroots, they ARE lethal
Old 24-03-2012, 08:08   #1189

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I think you've got too much time on your hands

I agree!
annesingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2012, 13:38   #1190
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I'm thinking of an overdose off beans Rindi, or potatoes, and hell you have to keep your eye on them beetroots, they ARE lethal

Your one of these people who can't see beyond your own nose!

You are completely ignoring the evidence - sugar effects a lot of people negatively over a period of time. For those who say Cannabis is bad - it is no worse than sugar! Look at all the OBESE kids many of who get diabetes and die early! Because of Sugar - or are you unable to comprehend new information these days

21,000 hits now!
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2012, 13:41   #1191
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by annesingleton View Post
I agree!
There comes a point with age where the majority don't think anything new but repeat the same belief patterns and are unable to take anything onboard that challanges those rigid patterns! Like you!
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2012, 13:48   #1192
Beacon of light

I can't believe you are still chewing on this old bone.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2012, 14:52   #1193
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I can't believe you are still chewing on this old bone.
I can't believe people are still replying
Old 26-03-2012, 17:20   #1194
Beacon of light

well, Neil...you did that too
And......my last post to this thread was 11 days ago......hence the 'Old bone' post.
It must be rancid by now.(the old bone)
Old 26-03-2012, 23:55   #1195
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
well, Neil...you did that too
And......my last post to this thread was 11 days ago......hence the 'Old bone' post.
It must be rancid by now.(the old bone)
You have made 41 posts in this nonsense thread, I have only made 13 - 14 now
Old 27-03-2012, 06:36   #1196
Beacon of light

so you went back and counted them all. 41 posts eh......in 80 pages. Not a lot when you look at it in perspective is it?(some of those posts were to answer questions posed).
You deserve a medal.
Old 27-03-2012, 06:52   #1197
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
so you went back and counted them all. 41 posts eh......in 80 pages. Not a lot when you look at it in perspective is it?(some of those posts were to answer questions posed).
You deserve a medal.
Don't be too quick handing out medals.
When you're looking at new posts, there is a section marked replies, showing would you believe, the number of replies, (are you with me so far?).
Click on that, (or if you are part of AccyWeb's mafia, clique on that), and it gives you a break down of who has posted & how many posts in the thread.

All the useless information you could ever need contained in just one website, magic our Margaret!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2012, 09:18   #1198
Beacon of light

It's Ok Less. it was only a putty one anyway(no need for brasso).......but thanks for the info.It is good to know.
(and OK, he didn't have to go to the trouble of counting them all - he did have to look )
Old 31-03-2012, 09:39   #1199
Senior Member+

kestrelx -- Great post about sugar !

The problem with drugs is that they are generally misunderstood by people that have never taken them,

I know a bit about drugs because obviously I have taken them. I have Smoked cannabis(and ate), Dropped LSD, boiled magic mushrooms and have taken speed. I have been around people at various parties where people have-- taken ketamine, cocaine, ecstasy.... list goes on a little I don't remember everything. I've seen people take legal highs too.

When I worked at time computers some pakistani guys from nelson was smoking crack. I never spoke to those guys again. I avoided them at all costs.

Drug users fall into several categories

#1 Drug user with morals.
#2 Drug user with no morals whatsoever
#3 Drug user who will take anything to get high (which both come from either 1) or 2) )

It is of my opinion that the bad things people do on drugs(or without them to get them) they would probably do these things anyway. Softer drugs don't people make people a bad person. Hard drugs(crack, heroin and speed(i also class speed as a hard drug) These drugs, well that's another story and I personally would never entertain anybody that takes them. Some people that started taking the harder drugs were probably younger and was not aware of how bad they are, or they are of #3 variety and got hooked

Cannabis does not make you into a bad person. Anybody that thinks it does is stupid and ignorant. If any drug should be legal its this one. It being legal does not mean you have to smoke it. The government wont push it because in most cases it opens minds.

The reason that I gave up taking drugs.

The people you have to buy them off are almost always of the #2 variety. I have found in most cases they are from broken homes or of poor upbringing, In some cases they are just mental cases. If you have a history of mental illness-- Taking amphetamines is probably not a good idea. To buy them you I often have to go to a house where there is around 10 people hanging out and of least 7/8 of them would be of them would be the #2 variety. They are nutters to say the least.

Amphetamines(Speed) is probably one of the worst drugs out there. I have seen this terrible drug do terrible damage. A former friend once cut his wrists while his baby was crawling on the floor in the kitchen, he started robbing houses and his friends. My theory is that you cannot trust a person who is hooked on speed. You see a drug user that is on speed. They will be skinny, pale, skanky and have hardly any teeth.

When I smoked cannabis I was convinced for a while that alcohol was evil.

Cannabis can take over your life a little. What I have found to be true with cannabis and depression is this-- If you already have a depressive nature or you are depressed to begin with then don't touch it. Its more about how you think and how you are as a person how the drug reacts to you. You often hear of people saying "I was paranoid"

Going back to drug users and how people throw them into the same boat with ignorant comments--

Imagine a group of youths in a field smoking cannabis and a heroin addict comes along and sits down and starts injecting. Do you think that the 'druggies' say to the heroin addict "come on dude your welcome with us mannnn" It is ignorant to think that the heroin addict would be welcome. Not a chance that person would be welcome. He would be kicked to the kerb faster than you can say the words smack head.

This is the problem with drugs. If you smoke cannabis you must also be of the same stock as a heroin addict.

I know that people get their ridiculous opinions from television. Only the other day, on a half day holiday from work I saw a tv program called 'doctors' and a woman was saying to a kid " you see that person who is on the street unconscious and covered in vomit-- they are smoking the cannabis " -- If you believe this then you are the most ignorant person in the world.

All I do now is drink alcohol. But I have seen people who drink alcohol do terrible things on a weekly basis.

The legal high that was just made illegal is even worse for being dangerous "bubble" is a very good reason why drugs should be illegal. Too many kids have died recently from taking this.

I am not advocating the use of drugs but addicts need to be seen as people that need help and not the scum of the earth(though some of them obviously are). Legalizing them may help a little but its counter productive I think, though It would be safer for these people as well. But then the dealers will always move on to some other criminal activity, because they will always be immoral with or without drugs.

I am not ashamed of my past with drugs but I am proud to say I don't take them any more and that I won't have bad things spoken about (some) of my past friends by people that are ignorant and ill-informed and who generally don't research into something before they blab on and make judgements.

So knowing what I do about drugs I would say that cannabis should be legalized. The other drugs I would have to disagree

Last edited by Restless; 31-03-2012 at 09:49. Reason: my bad writing haha
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2012, 09:55   #1200
Senior Member+

Also people need to look into stats too for the drug related deaths(includes alcohol and prescription medication)

2011 The year in drug deaths and data fraud | Neurobonkers.com

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..