Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree93Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-03-2012, 10:11   #1201
Senior Member+

Re: Legalise "Illegal" Drugs?

Oh I just want to say I have only read one of the 60 pages-- none of my post is a personal attack on those that may of posted before me....

You know Ken makes a good point with the carcinogens. Its the smoking of it that makes it dangerous. Not to mention most people mix it with tobacco!! you are also smoking paper most of the time too.

I have read about a vaporizer for cannabis use. I think if you are going to smoke it at least try this method and be healthy. In certain parts of the world they are reccomending this method for those that have it for medical reasons(canada is it?)

I have never smoked tobacco apart from when I did smoke cannabis. I never will smoke tobacco!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post
as carcinogenic as tobacco and, regardless of whether it in itself is addictive, the effects of it certainly keep people coming back more often than I would have thought healthy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post
Keep these drugs illegal, Great Britain has enough problems.
Ken, Surely if the government sold cannabis they would make millions and millions of £££ from it? Like they already do with tobacco and alcohol?

Last edited by Restless; 31-03-2012 at 10:13.
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-03-2012, 19:51   #1202
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I can't believe you are still chewing on this old bone.
This is a subject that doesn't just go away - the problems remain and this thread is about discussing these issues!
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2012, 19:58   #1203
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
kestrelx -- Great post about sugar !

I am not advocating the use of drugs but addicts need to be seen as people that need help and not the scum of the earth(though some of them obviously are). Legalizing them may help a little but its counter productive I think, though It would be safer for these people as well. But then the dealers will always move on to some other criminal activity, because they will always be immoral with or without drugs.

I am not ashamed of my past with drugs but I am proud to say I don't take them any more and that I won't have bad things spoken about (some) of my past friends by people that are ignorant and ill-informed and who generally don't research into something before they blab on and make judgements.

So knowing what I do about drugs I would say that cannabis should be legalized. The other drugs I would have to disagree
Some good points made here Restless. Food for thought.
Old 31-03-2012, 21:37   #1204
Senior Member+

I thought I would try and share my experience and opinion about drugs because too many people make their opinions known about them and they have never tried them. They make personal judgements about people who they don't know in the slightest
Old 31-03-2012, 22:48   #1205
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
I thought I would try and share my experience and opinion about drugs because too many people make their opinions known about them and they have never tried them. They make personal judgements about people who they don't know in the slightest
So right - there are many here who tell you that you are wrong for even taking drugs in the first place. These are the people who don't know what they are talking about! Fact is information and honest education is the only way to deal with drugs use/abuse! Telling kids they will get punished for taking drugs is not the way - because a majority will still try drugs to be rebelious! And thus you will always get people who die needlessly because of this approach!

Last edited by kestrelx; 31-03-2012 at 22:52.
Old 31-03-2012, 23:03   #1206
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Just curiosity.

Wondered if taking illegal drugs might increase the likelyhood of someone doing smething daft. Like get caught blackmailing Tesco.

There are a lot of known side effects, to these drugs. Some of which you've exhibited.

Uncontrolled rages, paranoia, insomnia, memory loss, saying one thing, then doing another.

Besides, regarding your brother, thankfully I don't know you from Adam, so any information known about you, is information you freely posted on a public forum.

You can bleat all you like, in your paranoid confusion, about a 'gang' of people, who have it in for you.

Like everyone else on here, I speak purely for myself.

What you've posted on here is both idiotic, and potentially dangerous. When you said you'd encourage youngsters to experiment with illegal drugs, as long as they came from a good dealer.

As stated earlier, the most dangerous aspect of these drugs isn't the quality control. It's the fact people have to increase the dose, or move on to harder drugs, because their bodies quickly get used to them, in order to experience the initial euphoria they felt, the first time they took them.

Legal, or illegal, recreational drugs cause many people, and their loved ones, untold misery.

Fact.

Feel free to ignore that, in your little drug addled bubble.

Just as you ignored your own post, saying you were leaving this forum, before carrying on with the same old guff.
You are a liar!!! You have twisted information to make you twisted point!

You wind people up and you have made several comments about me being a glue sniffer! OK well why are you saying this?
Oasis- The Truth by sacked drummer Tony McCarroll - Celebrity Interview - Celebs + TV - People.co.uk

You are adamantly against drugs! Yet Noel and Liam Gallagher both sniffed glue - Noel was nick-named "Bostik" according to this!

Noel and Liam apparently also took Magic Mushrooms before they even got a band together So your belief that drugs destroy all people is totally wrong and you are a troll and a wind up merchant!

Last edited by kestrelx; 31-03-2012 at 23:10.
Old 31-03-2012, 23:20   #1207
God Member

I don't think anyone would take legal or illegal drugs just because they are rebels or upset about anything..the vast majority of what we call abusers of drugs are not young teens.. they are adult men and women who have made a decision as to wether they use illegal" drugs or not.. when it comes to teens I say it's more about the attraction and curiosity of the illegal drugs.. and that will go on forever.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2012, 23:28   #1208
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
You are adamantly against drugs! Yet Noel and Liam Gallagher both sniffed glue - Noel was nick-named "Bostik" according to this!

Noel and Liam apparently also took Magic Mushrooms before they even got a band together So your belief that drugs destroy all people is totally wrong and you are a troll and a wind up merchant!
What particular venemous toad appears in your Avatar? Just curious...

How old are you actually?

Teenage hero worship of the Gallagher brothers impies your mental faculties may have beeen damaged some time ago. Perhaps in your teens, no sorry, more likely when you were a sad thirty something.

Some people never grow up

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:42   #1209
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post

Teenage hero worship of the Gallagher brothers impies your mental faculties may have beeen damaged some time ago. Perhaps in your teens, no sorry, more likely when you were a sad thirty something.

Got it in one mobertol
Old 01-04-2012, 11:29   #1210
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post

Utter rot! The point I am making is that these guys did abuse drugs, sniffed glue and magic mushrooms too - I am not hero worshiping just blasting apart Garinda's faulty claims that every one who takes drugs ends up a junkie down and out etc!

My mental faculties are as good as yours dear!

Garinda is a mate of yours and I find this person to be a nasty piece of work - he knows what he's doing - you support him and his attitude you are both the same. You are people who manipulate and make personal attaccks to make your point!

I think you are nasty pieces of work - I really do. People with hangups and who use clever cynicism to people off and make personal attacks and think your being Uber cool to impress their little friend list at Accy Web! You make me feel sick you really do!!!

Unfortunately I can't have my account closed and all my posts cleared but Garinda and those who back him make me sick and never want to return here! He is a slug ... slime bag nasty little oik! FFF!

Last edited by kestrelx; 01-04-2012 at 11:32.
Old 01-04-2012, 12:03   #1211
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
I think you are nasty pieces of work - I really do. People with hangups and who use clever cynicism to people off and make personal attacks and think your being Uber cool to impress their little friend list at Accy Web! You make me feel sick you really do!!!

Unfortunately I can't have my account closed and all my posts cleared but Garinda and those who back him make me sick and never want to return here! He is a slug ... slime bag nasty little oik! FFF!
Whoa, settle down fella before you burst something ! It's an open forum & as such you're going to come across people who'll disagree/agree with you over various topics. On the drug thing you're onto a hiding as most folk are averse to them & their use.

Resorting to personal insults brings nothing except maybe an entrenching of position & a reciprocation of derogatory remarks, climb down a bit & don't get so anti, accept we'll never all agree. Let the issue die quietly & move on, everyone parts on companionable terms & the sniping & bitching will hopefully cease.

It's meant to be fun on here, but sometimes I do wonder.
Old 01-04-2012, 12:08   #1212
Beacon of light

Quote:
I'm sure you could if you tried - have your account closed. Other people have done this successfully.
It seems to me that you find someone who has a different opinion to you, something of a challenge.
Some people will agree with you....some won't...get over it....and while you are about it you might want to look through your posts to see if you have been insulting to other members......after all, you can't take the grit out of someone else's eye while you have a boulder in your own.

If you truly, truly do not like being here, then the answer is in your hands.......don't visit the site.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 12:11   #1213
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Garinda's faulty claims that every one who takes drugs ends up a junkie down and out etc!
Wrong...yet again!

Nowhere have I said that.

Please feel free to quote me, it back up your outlandish claim.

Good luck with your search.

It'll be fruitless.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 12:15   #1214
Give, give, give member

Quote:
You are people who manipulate and make personal attaccks to make your point!
Unlike yourself.

Who not on breaks forum rules, but the law of the land, when you publicly make threats of actual bodily harm to others, to make your point.

It's really very sad.

I pity you.

Old 01-04-2012, 12:25   #1215
Give, give, give member

Quote:
...those who back him make me sick and never want to return here! He is a slug ... slime bag nasty little oik! FFF!
Yet again, you threaten to leave the forum.

You do try to make yourself the centre of attention, don't you?

Just because your account can't be closed, there's nothing stopping you from never coming back to Accy Web again.

Instead of making idle threats, try and muster a little self-discipilne.

Then if you say something, you might have the back-bone to actually do it.

It would stop you looking so weak, and spineless.

I doubt there'd be a petition, from members missing your contribution on the forum.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..