Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree93Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2012, 16:24   #1231
Resting In Peace

Re: Legalise "Illegal" Drugs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
awwwwwwwwwwwww 60pages!!
Actually Rob it's now 80 plus, most of which are taken up with backbiting.
Old 01-04-2012, 16:32   #1232
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
Utter rot! The point I am making is that these guys did abuse drugs, sniffed glue and magic mushrooms too - I am not hero worshiping just blasting apart Garinda's faulty claims that every one who takes drugs ends up a junkie down and out etc!

My mental faculties are as good as yours dear!

Garinda is a mate of yours and I find this person to be a nasty piece of work - he knows what he's doing - you support him and his attitude you are both the same. You are people who manipulate and make personal attaccks to make your point!

I think you are nasty pieces of work - I really do. People with hangups and who use clever cynicism to people off and make personal attacks and think your being Uber cool to impress their little friend list at Accy Web! You make me feel sick you really do!!!

Unfortunately I can't have my account closed and all my posts cleared but Garinda and those who back him make me sick and never want to return here! He is a slug ... slime bag nasty little oik! FFF!
Oh dear! Here was me thinking that amphibians were simpler forms of life and had less well-developed physiological systems. Must have got that wrong, it appears I may have touched a nerve

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 16:34   #1233
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Depends on how you have your pages set.
If you take the standard, usually 25 posts to a page, if like me you hate seeing plenty of pages of crap, set them for the max.
It dosn't seem anywhere near as bad then.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 16:34   #1234
Senior Member+

oh i was thinking of this thread. I got mixed up between the poll thread and the non poll thread

Quote:
Old 01-04-2012, 16:35   #1235
Senior Member+

ah of course I think it set this ages ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
If you take the standard, usually 25 posts to a page, if like me you hate seeing plenty of pages of crap, set them for the max.
Old 01-04-2012, 16:37   #1236

Quote:
Better still, don't read the pages of crap!
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 16:46   #1237
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Personal experience, very limited. Vicarious experience, through reading and research, more extensive. I have not given an opinion on this thread and indeed only look at it from time to time as I find the constant sniping and personal attacks tedious in the extreme.
Are a person's opinions any less valid, if they aren't backed up with some direct involvement in a subject?

Do you need to have had sex with a child, before being allowed to give an opinion, or as you say, 'sound off', about paedophilia?

As stated, rather than just dipping in and out, if you take the time to read what's been posted, the vast majority have people have backed up what they think of the legality of recreational drugs, with their varied reasons as to why they hold their opinion.

My own opinion on the subject is based on experiences that are very far from 'limited'.

Not that that really matters one iota.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 17:10   #1238
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Margaret, it's good to hear that whatever opinion you have on drugs is based on experience. I wonder if the same can be said for many of those who sound off about the subject.
Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Are a person's opinions any less valid, if they aren't backed up with some direct involvement in a subject?
No of course they are still valid provided they give a reason as you say most people have done.

If you read my post I was wondering how many folks, like yourself Gary, have direct experience. You read into it that I thought their opinion was less valid.

I did not say that.
Old 01-04-2012, 17:12   #1239

Quote:
So right - there are many here who tell you that you are wrong for even taking drugs in the first place. These are the people who don't know what they are talking about! Fact is information and honest education is the only way to deal with drugs use/abuse! Telling kids they will get punished for taking drugs is not the way - because a majority will still try drugs to be rebelious! And thus you will always get people who die needlessly because of this approach!
I am one of the people who are providing the honest education you speak about.
annesingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 17:13   #1240
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Thank you Less, I didn't know you could do that. It's 15 on my screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
oh i was thinking of this thread. I got mixed up between the poll thread and the non poll thread
I think there are only 9 pages for me on the poll thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1954 View Post
Better still, don't read the pages of crap!
Exactly. I haven't on this thread, as I said in an earlier post.
Old 01-04-2012, 17:20   #1241
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Thank you Less, I didn't know you could do that. It's 15 on my screen.
You're welcome, I personally dodge between maximum & minimum, if you go for 1 post per page you can pretend your own threads look more popular than they actually are.

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 17:39   #1242
Give, give, give member

Quote:
No of course they are still valid provided they give a reason as you say most people have done.

If you read my post I was wondering how many folks, like yourself Gary, have direct experience. You read into it that I thought their opinion was less valid.

I did not say that.
Folk like myself?

I presume you mean people who are happy with the status quo as it is, regarding recreational drugs being illegal?

Presumably those that have posted they'd like the law changed have had some personal experience with taking illegal drugs. As I doubt many would bother arguing that recreational drugs should be made legal if they hadn't, and indeed many have already given that information as fact.

So your questioning whether the other opinions given in this thread are based on actual 'experience', rather seems like you're trying to invalidate anyone's opinion who hasn't had a direct invovement with illegal drugs, even though they are happy for recreational drugs to remain illegal.

Again, as stated already, if you read what's actually been posted, the majority of people have given reasons, as to why they think what they do on this issue.

Also using the term 'sound off', when referring to those peoples' views being aired, could be seen as both patronising, and dismissive.

Nothing to do with the thread, but please use my username, when referring to myself. Thank you.

Last edited by garinda; 01-04-2012 at 17:45.
garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 17:41   #1243

Quote:
Utter rot! The point I am making is that these guys did abuse drugs, sniffed glue and magic mushrooms too - I am not hero worshiping just blasting apart Garinda's faulty claims that every one who takes drugs ends up a junkie down and out etc!

My mental faculties are as good as yours dear!

Garinda is a mate of yours and I find this person to be a nasty piece of work - he knows what he's doing - you support him and his attitude you are both the same. You are people who manipulate and make personal attaccks to make your point!

I think you are nasty pieces of work - I really do. People with hangups and who use clever cynicism to people off and make personal attacks and think your being Uber cool to impress their little friend list at Accy Web! You make me feel sick you really do!!!

Unfortunately I can't have my account closed and all my posts cleared but Garinda and those who back him make me sick and never want to return here! He is a slug ... slime bag nasty little oik! FFF!
You've used the 'dear' word again you patronising xxxxxxx person, I could be calling sexual harassment/discrimination at this point but I'll let you off on the grounds of lack of intelligence on your part sweetie!
What the hell is your problem - some people use drugs either legal or illegal some people wreck their lives as a result, some don't. Get a life and stop trying to wind other people up. Your arguments are becoming increasingly illogical, who really gives a toss about the Gallaghers
( different thread but are you trying to overtake the Accyweb with the same subject!)
If you were trying to persuade others with your pro drug legalisation argument I could understand where you are coming from, but it appears from your posts that you may have personal issues which you may need to resolve.
Please note that I am available for counselling should you feel a need at any point at no charge.
And I'm sure that Garinda doesn't need me to defend him but I'm sure he has more life experience and wisdom than you will ever have !!!!!
Please either leave the Accyweb or shut up about the drugs issue which has been done to death but people have to respond to your increasingly illogical comments. It is you keeping the threads open.
You may tell me that I have a sad life because of the amount of time I spend on this site - I am currently off work after surgery and can't wait to return to work!!!
annesingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 17:42   #1244
Resting in Peace

So we can take it that this thread is now dead seeing Birdy has fled the nest again, he fell into the old trap, he forgot that when your in a hole stop digging, or you will end up in Australia
Old 01-04-2012, 17:49   #1245
Senior Member+

I was thinking perhaps kestrelX used to lick the backs of toads to get high

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Oh dear! Here was me thinking that amphibians were simpler forms of life and had less well-developed physiological systems.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..