Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree93Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2012, 16:59   #571
Senior Member+

Re: Legalise "Illegal" Drugs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post

They can now watch Jeremy Kyle on catch-up.

When they can drag themselves in to the land of the living,
See this is where you show your lack of true knowledge, I know many people who use cannabis recreationally, who work very hard and have never been on benefits, also don't just group the younger generation there is a lot of older generation who also like a toot.
Old 06-02-2012, 17:00   #572

Can you answer my question about alcohol being invented in the modern day?

Also do you think that the 'war on drugs' will ever end because the cost is huge on police force were as if some drugs were legalized they would not only save money on trying to stop it but make money from tax and your talking billions of pounds saved in the first place what could go to help addicts.
Old 06-02-2012, 17:02   #573
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***Mr D*** View Post
I was more referring to the organisation / support group.

LSD Facts - How to Tell Use of LSD - Questions, Myths, Truth

snopes.com: Death of Diane Linkletter

Links to disprove LSD makes you think you can fly.
I worked with charities trying to help street sex workers.

Most of whom were forced into that work to feed drug addictions.

Wouldn't describe their drug intake as being particularly 'recreational'.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 17:05   #574
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommiasfc View Post

Also do you think that the 'war on drugs' will ever end because the cost is huge on police force were as if some drugs were legalized they would not only save money on trying to stop it but make money from tax and your talking billions of pounds saved in the first place what could go to help addicts.
As stated earlier, this thread is about illegal drugs.

Of course alcohol also causes a great deal of problems.

Again, as stated earlier, two wrongs don't make a right.

Old 06-02-2012, 17:13   #575

Quote:
As stated earlier, this thread is about illegal drugs.

Of course alcohol also causes a great deal of problems.

Again, as stated earlier, two wrongs don't make a right.
Yes but you seem to be the one with expierience and knowledge just answer it I think its a good point.

Legalize it its not a wrong. I think if you have just been helping messed up families then thats all you no of drugs when there are many people of all ages who at the end of a working week enjoy cannabis to relax. All you seem to have seen is people who dont have jobs and smoke it all day but you get people like that on alcohol but if I went out and bought some realy strong alcohol and drank loads Id probably be sick and be in danger of death and that is something legal that can be bought cheaply.
Old 06-02-2012, 17:14   #576
Give, give, give member

Quote:

Prople take recreational drugs for a high.

Soon the body gets used to what you take.

The high is lessened.

Some people, in order to recreate that initial euphoria, will increase the amount of drug dose, or move on to other, stronger drugs.

This is a fact.

People who become addicted to alcohol just drink more.

There's no 'harder' alcohol to move on to, for a better high.

There is hand gel, and meths.

But they're normally used by the desperate.

Not because they'll make you more drunk.

Old 06-02-2012, 17:21   #577
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Yes but you seem to be the one with expierience and knowledge just answer it I think its a good point.

Legalize it its not a wrong. I think if you have just been helping messed up families then thats all you no of drugs when there are many people of all ages who at the end of a working week enjoy cannabis to relax. All you seem to have seen is people who dont have jobs and smoke it all day but you get people like that on alcohol but if I went out and bought some realy strong alcohol and drank loads Id probably be sick and be in danger of death and that is something legal that can be bought cheaply.
Answer what?

I've made it pretty obvious, that I'm against legalising drugs.

I think more people will use them, and this will lead to more people becoming addicted to narcotics, and that will cause nothing but misery, to those addicts, their loved ones, and society in general.

I can't really be any clearer.

Old 06-02-2012, 17:23   #578

Quote:
Prople take recreational drugs for a high.

Soon the body gets used to what you take.

The high is lessened.

Some people, in order to recreate that initial euphoria, will increase the amount of drug dose, or move on to other, stronger drugs.

This is a fact.

People who become addicted to alcohol just drink more.

There's no 'harder' alcohol to move on to, for a better high.

There is hand gel, and meths.

But they're normally used by the desperate.

Not because they'll make you more drunk.
But you can buy strong alcohol very easily and the more you drink the more drunk you get hence the deaths.

People who took harder drugs peobably have also drunk alcohol smoked a cigarette even had a cup of coffee which all have body altering effects but its the illegal one that gets the blame. Its they easiest drug to get hold of so the link is there due to the person wanting to take drugs and that being first on the list.
Old 06-02-2012, 17:30   #579

Quote:

This is a fact.
Its not fact there have been experiments either way you can check they are all over the internet.

I no somebody the started taking drugs at about 14 and they have been college and uni and passed and now they have a decent job at 22.
Old 06-02-2012, 17:41   #580
Give, give, give member

Quote:

Have you actually bothered to read what I've already written in this thread, before jumping in to question my experiences?

Again.

Not every dope smoker will find themselves shooting up, in some skanky drugs den.

However, every smack head I've ever come in contact with started that journey by first using 'softer' drugs, such as cannabis.

My views aren't only coloured by charities who try and help street sex workers.

I worked in fashion for most of my adult life, and first went clubbing when I was twelve.

Drugs weren't unheard of.

I've seen people who say they've had a fantastic time taking drugs.

I've also known people die.

Taking drugs, for recreation, is a risk.

Not necessarily because of the quality of those drugs.

But because some of those users will become addicted to them.

No one knows when they first take them, whether you'll be happy having the odd puff in the evening for the next fifty years, or whether the combination of the drug's addictiveness, and your own psyche, will mean you move on to more destructive drugs, that will end in utter misery.

Risk.

A risk some are prepared to take.

A risk many wish they hadn't.

Especially if they're being shagged by some dirty old man, so they can use the tenner they'll earn for their next fix.

Old 06-02-2012, 17:43   #581
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
See another personal attack, your dim mate lol - you do it on purpose! As it happens she was very fit and I only found out afterwards! I'll try anything once (or twice) as I've got the strength of mind to over come it!
You'd have even more strength if you didn't take it in the first place
Old 06-02-2012, 17:48   #582
Resting in Peace

Quote:
It seems to work in amsterdam choosing weed over there is like looking at a wine menu they describe how the taste and how strong they are. Some of the shops sell mushrooms and they have a bar chart out of 5 of what effect it will have for things like energy, laughing, colours, hallucinations, some were they give you good energy and giggles and 0 hallucinations, and some which are full on all. Over here you have no idea whats in them because they are not controlled.
And they have some of the worst football hooligans in the world, now we know why
Old 06-02-2012, 17:48   #583
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Its not fact there have been experiments either way you can check they are all over the internet.

I no somebody the started taking drugs at about 14 and they have been college and uni and passed and now they have a decent job at 22.
Er...I don't need to 'check things on the internet'.

I've seen it with my own eyes.

Is it me?

Or are they people who are posting in defence of recreational drug taking, not very good at taking in information?

Some cannabis users will not move on to harder drugs.

Some of them will.

You have a toke, and take the risk.

Old 06-02-2012, 17:49   #584

Quote:
Not every dope smoker will find themselves shooting up, in some skanky drugs den.

However, every smack head I've ever come in contact with started that journey by first using 'softer' drugs, such as cannabis.
Had them people also come in contact with alcohol maybe that first buz of feeling different led them onto cannabis??? As I have said its the easiest drug to get hold of so thats the reason the link is there.
Old 06-02-2012, 17:52   #585
Give, give, give member

Quote:
People who took harder drugs peobably have also drunk alcohol smoked a cigarette even had a cup of coffee which all have body altering effects but its the illegal one that gets the blame. Its they easiest drug to get hold of so the link is there due to the person wanting to take drugs and that being first on the list.
I've known alcoholics, and those addicted to caffeine, or tobacco, hold down full time jobs, and more or lesss carry on as a fuctioning member of society.

I've yet to meet a smack head, capable of pulling it off.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..