Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree93Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2012, 09:08   #631
Senior Member+

Re: Legalise "Illegal" Drugs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Missed that, shame would have loved to watch it.One of Vinces last jobs was a Baggage Handler at a Swiss airport.
It was a series shown about 12 years ago with all Rock n Roll stars featured each week, that was in it about his job with baggage!
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-02-2012, 23:30   #632
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Shows how thick you are keep trying to justify stupidity
That is a scientific report based on research - not "knee jerk reaction" - the document says people who used some drugs in moderation!

Stoned seniors: Germany faces epidemic of hippy pensioners - Europe - World - The Independent
Old 10-02-2012, 23:37   #633
Give, give, give member

Holy crack pipe.

Are the pot heads still zonked in here?

Contemplating the creativity of smack.

Bored.

Moved on.

Exciting, more dangerous threads for me.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 23:38   #634
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
Ah! But what you failed to tell us,kestrelx, is that The Independent Scientific Committee on Drugs was founded and is run by-guess who-Doctor David Nutt!
The nut who you started this thread with some time ago!
The man who was sacked by the Government for saying that ' Taking ecstasy is no more dangerous than an addiction to horse riding'.
I think either you didn't check this out or you preferred not to mention it as it would put a question mark over the so called independence of the report.
You weaken your own argument by doing this! In fact I think we can safely dismissed this as intentionally biased reporting
Professor Nutt is right - he is going off proper evidence not "knee jerk reactions". Where do you get your information that all drugs are killing people? From the Sun? Politicians who want to get voted in next time by being "tough" on drugs!

What about alcohol killed 25,000 to 200,000 people between 2000 - 04

Tobacco half a million dead between 2000 - 04

Paracetomol kills 150 people a year.

DrugScope | DRUG INFORMATION | How many people die from drugs?

Old 11-02-2012, 00:10   #635
Senior Member+

Problems related to alcohol in the UK cost 25 Billion pounds per year according to this...

25billion spent on alcohol abuse | Metro.co.uk

I heard on the TV today it cost £40Billion a year!??????

£25 - 40 billion to deal with LEGAL - ALCOHOL ABUSE AND RELATED PROBLEMS IN THE UK! Doesn't that make you think?

Smoking a bit of cannabis or taking some ecstasy does not make people go out and trash their neighbourhoods and hurt each other and then get ill! So why are people so het up about it?

Last edited by kestrelx; 11-02-2012 at 00:12.
Old 11-02-2012, 08:56   #636
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
Problems related to alcohol in the UK cost 25 Billion pounds per year according to this...

25billion spent on alcohol abuse | Metro.co.uk

I heard on the TV today it cost £40Billion a year!??????

£25 - 40 billion to deal with LEGAL - ALCOHOL ABUSE AND RELATED PROBLEMS IN THE UK! Doesn't that make you think?

Smoking a bit of cannabis or taking some ecstasy does not make people go out and trash their neighbourhoods and hurt each other and then get ill! So why are people so het up about it?
The sale of alcohol is legal and is enjoyed by millions of people, drugs are illegal and make drug dealers into murderers and very rich men you don't give two ***** for anybody, including the numpties who sell the stuff for them
Old 11-02-2012, 10:08   #637
Senior Member+

Quote:
Professor Nutt is right - he is going off proper evidence not "knee jerk reactions". Where do you get your information that all drugs are killing people? From the Sun? Politicians who want to get voted in next time by being "tough" on drugs!

What about alcohol killed 25,000 to 200,000 people between 2000 - 04

Tobacco half a million dead between 2000 - 04

Paracetomol kills 150 people a year.

DrugScope | DRUG INFORMATION | How many people die from drugs?

I don't read the Sun.
And you're doing it again-quoting another website which grinds your particular axe!
Quote me an independent. unbiased source and you might get a bit more credibility!
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:42   #638
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:

Yes, it makes me think.

It makes me think that two wrongs don't make a right.

If alcohol IS a big problem then legalising drugs and compounding that problem rather than tackling it without the aid of drugs is like you, a no brainer.

(Notice the smiley face, i'm not getting at you, honest! I'm so glad you are still on site giving us your wisdom).
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 19:29   #639
Senior Member+

Dalhousie University, Canada(BBC News online)- smoking cannabis up to 3 hours before driving means you are twice as likely to cause a collision resulting in serious injury or death.
Puts having a cigarette in the shade, doesn't it?
Old 12-02-2012, 14:58   #640
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Yes, it makes me think.

It makes me think that two wrongs don't make a right.

If alcohol IS a big problem then legalising drugs and compounding that problem rather than tackling it without the aid of drugs is like you, a no brainer.

(Notice the smiley face, i'm not getting at you, honest! I'm so glad you are still on site giving us your wisdom).
You can't drink alcohol on exstasy the two don't go together. Alcohol cancels it out. Also generally people who smoke cannabis aren't big drinkers either.

Last edited by kestrelx; 12-02-2012 at 15:04.
Old 12-02-2012, 15:17   #641
Senior Member+

Quote:
You can't drink alcohol on exstasy the two don't go together. Alcohol cancels it out. Also generally people who smoke cannabis aren't big drinkers either.
So that's good news then!
All the people high on ecstacy and cannabis won't be drinking, all the people high on alcohol won't be taking ecstacy or cannabis!
But one way or another we'll all be happy.
What a comforting picture of the possible future you paint, assuming you get your way.
Old 12-02-2012, 16:27   #642
JFT96

Well Whitney Houston died yesterday, there's a good advert for anti drug use.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 17:09   #643
God Member

In one news report I read that prescription drugs were found in the hotel room.

Poison is available legally too

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 17:27   #644
JFT96

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post

Agreed Margaret, however she admitted to Cocaine use.
Drugs screwed her up, end of whether or not she obtained them legally or not is a matter of moot.
As I said a good advert for anti drug use.
Poor woman

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2012, 09:02   #645
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post

Again stupidity personified, I have a cupboard full of prescription drugs, and take them as prescribed, but my brain hasn't bean addled previously by crack cocaine and other illegal substances, you can kill yourself with over the counter medications if your stupid enough

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..