Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree93Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-02-2012, 12:55   #646
Senior Member+

Re: Legalise "Illegal" Drugs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
So that's good news then!
All the people high on ecstacy and cannabis won't be drinking, all the people high on alcohol won't be taking ecstacy or cannabis!
But one way or another we'll all be happy.
What a comforting picture of the possible future you paint, assuming you get your way.
I found that Alcohol is more of a gateway to Ecstasy than anything else.

Legal or illegal, drugs can kill.

Its down to Use or Abuse.
Old 13-02-2012, 14:59   #647
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***Mr D*** View Post
I found that Alcohol is more of a gateway to Ecstasy than anything else.

Legal or illegal, drugs can kill.

Its down to Use or Abuse.
Mmm Well its accepted knowledge alcohol counteracts ecstasy and stops it's effects!

kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2012, 15:08   #648
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
Mmm Well its accepted knowledge alcohol counteracts ecstasy and stops it's effects!

Accepted by nutters like you, the guy has taken drugs all his life.
Old 13-02-2012, 16:51   #649
Senior Member+

Quote:

Give him a bell maybe you could take a trip together, if you can't see the dangers of drug use or abuse maybe your past usage has affected you more than you think

Last edited by walkinman221; 13-02-2012 at 16:53.
walkinman221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2012, 17:46   #650
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkinman221 View Post
Give him a bell maybe you could take a trip together, if you can't see the dangers of drug use or abuse maybe your past usage has affected you more than you think
Maybe WM I'd say its a racing cert
Old 14-02-2012, 12:39   #651
Senior Member+

Quote:

Accepted Knowledge by who?

Alcohol doesn't stop the effects of E, you will find most people who take E will do so on a night out after having a few drinks, it defiantly does not stop its effects.
Old 14-02-2012, 17:09   #652
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
Well Whitney Houston died yesterday, there's a good advert for anti drug use.
Well according to todays Daily Mirror (don't always believe this as fact!) she was taking these prescription medications at time of her death...

Lorazepam - used for anxiety!

Valium - used for anxiety!

Xanax - for panic attacks!

Ibuprofen - pain killer!

Midol - Menstrual cramp treatment!

Amoxicillin - antibiotic for sore throat.

All prescription drugs + alchohol which is legal.

Last edited by kestrelx; 14-02-2012 at 17:18.
Old 14-02-2012, 17:14   #653
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***Mr D*** View Post
Accepted Knowledge by who?

Alcohol doesn't stop the effects of E, you will find most people who take E will do so on a night out after having a few drinks, it defiantly does not stop its effects.
The E they sell these days isn't MDMA a lot of it is mixed; Ketamine, Amphetamines, other crap. Pure MDMA is cancelled by alchohol - maybe not a few sips, but heavy drinking will null it!
Old 14-02-2012, 17:16   #654
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Accepted by nutters like you, the guy has taken drugs all his life.
ha ha ha! I havn't taken drugs all my life mate - U nutter!
Old 14-02-2012, 17:29   #655
Senior Member+

Whats your point ? I don't think anybody has differentiated between prescription(legal) drugs and recreational (illegal) drugs, they are all dangerous if misused, fact.Your original statement was that we should legalise illegal drugs, what would that acheive? You would still have drug addicts committing crime to fund their habit or are you suggesting that we the tax payer should fund fully,the habits of drug addicts? Also prescription drugs have been tested and are made to a standard recipe , not thrown together by some back street chemist or some old hippy. Drugs such as cocaine , heroin, crack etc ARE highly addictive and dangerous and cause many problems on a social level as does alcohol, i must admit,but often the two are abused together.Just because you think you have come through your own drug experiences without damage does not mean everyone will be so lucky. You need to get a grip and accept it will never happen.
Old 14-02-2012, 17:32   #656
Senior Member+

Quote:
Whats your point ? I don't think anybody has differentiated between prescription(legal) drugs and recreational (illegal) drugs, they are all dangerous if misused, fact.Your original statement was that we should legalise illegal drugs, what would that acheive? You would still have drug addicts committing crime to fund their habit or are you suggesting that we the tax payer should fund fully,the habits of drug addicts? Also prescription drugs have been tested and are made to a standard recipe , not thrown together by some back street chemist or some old hippy. Drugs such as cocaine , heroin, crack etc ARE highly addictive and dangerous and cause many problems on a social level as does alcohol, i must admit,but often the two are abused together.Just because you think you have come through your own drug experiences without damage does not mean everyone will be so lucky. You need to get a grip and accept it will never happen.
Some one can go out and buy 2 litres vodka, knock it back in one shot and that's legal!

Why can't I buy some cannabis as an adult and smoke or imbibe it in my flat legally?
Old 14-02-2012, 17:34   #657
Resting in Peace

Quote:
That seems to sum it up perfectly Dave
Old 14-02-2012, 17:37   #658
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Some one can go out and buy 2 litres vodka, knock it back in one shot and that's legal!

Why can't I buy some cannabis as an adult and smoke or imbibe it in my flat legally?
Cuz then there would be numpties wandering round like you all day long
Old 14-02-2012, 17:43   #659
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:

Why would you want to?

According to yet another of your mind bent posts, you've never used the stuff!

Well, I have, canabliss, I was young then I became old,

I've already stated if it was legalised, I'd use it.

But, I wouldn't encourage anyone else to use it.

Now shut up before you make a fool of yourself,

Oh Dear, too late...

So live with it plonker.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2012, 17:57   #660
God Member

I regard all synthetic substances as toxic.
How fast you die, and what you die from, depends on whether you follow 'prescribed use' or 'Abuse'.

I know some people consider their life depends on them. I consider they have just chosen an alternative way to die, and more slowly. I respect their right to choose that option.

Ten years ago I was in daily continuous pain and took high strength prescription drugs to control it, and I got addicted.

I weaned myself off them, and began tackling the cause of my pain instead of masking it. A few detox procedures later I was pain free.

I know this won't work for everybody. I just wish to point out that to blindly accept that prescription drugs are the only solution to your problem is not in your best interests.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..