Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree93Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2012, 22:16   #601

Re: Legalise "Illegal" Drugs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve2qec View Post
Yeah, watched a documentary about Peter Green and he'd gone completely off the rails and living as a recluse, couldn't play guitar cos his fingernails were REALLY long....!
Yes, I remember that programme. I think he was asked what he would say to Mick Fleetwood if he was asked to rejoin the band. Green replied that he couldn't because his nails were too long. I suppose it never crossed his mind that he could get around that by cutting them!
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-02-2012, 22:18   #602
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1954 View Post
And quite a number of musicians have been screwed up by LSD, e.g. Peter Green, Brian Wilson and Syd Barrett.
Well perhaps they just took too much, I know Brian Wilson's dad was a real bastard to him and stories such as battering him over the head with a piece of wood causing hearing loss! These things can have a bearing. Peter Green was forced into a mental hospital when he told a psychiatrist he heard voices and people who knew Peter said that was what did it not the LSD, he shouldn't have been locked up!

Comedian Bill Hicks smoked cannabis and was into magic mushrooms!

Last edited by kestrelx; 09-02-2012 at 22:21.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 22:20   #603
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Yes, I remember that programme. I think he was asked what he would say to Mick Fleetwood if he was asked to rejoin the band. Green replied that he couldn't because his nails were too long. I suppose it never crossed his mind that he could get around that by cutting them!
I read once that when Floyd were recording "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" Peter Green walked in n no-one had seen him fer years as he'd become reclusive, The fact the song was written fer him, makes that really weird to me if true.
Old 09-02-2012, 22:23   #604
Full Member+

Quote:
He cut them eventually but had to relearn a lot of his guitar playing....still sounded good, though!!
steve2qec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 22:24   #605
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I read once that when Floyd were recording "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" Peter Green walked in n no-one had seen him fer years as he'd become reclusive, The fact the song was written fer him, makes that really weird to me if true.
Don't yer mean that Syd Barrat walked in?
Old 09-02-2012, 22:27   #606

Quote:
Yes, but it was Syd Barrett, not Fleetwood Mac's Peter Green. Floyd's Roger Waters has said in interviews that this actually happened, and they did not recognise him immediately because he was fat and balding.
Old 09-02-2012, 22:28   #607
Full Member+

on the Wish You Were Here album sleeve "Diamond's" dedicated to Barrett
Old 09-02-2012, 22:29   #608
Senior Member+

Quote:
He cut them eventually but had to relearn a lot of his guitar playing....still sounded good, though!!
Anyone know about Vince Taylor and LSD...

David Bowie said this is the guy he got the idea for Ziggy Stardust off!
Old 09-02-2012, 22:29   #609
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
Don't yer mean that Syd Barrat walked in?
Yeh me brains as scrambled as yours.
Old 09-02-2012, 22:33   #610

Quote:
Well perhaps they just took too much, I know Brian Wilson's dad was a real bastard to him and stories such as battering him over the head with a piece of wood causing hearing loss! These things can have a bearing. Peter Green was forced into a mental hospital when he told a psychiatrist he heard voices and people who knew Peter said that was what did it not the LSD, he shouldn't have been locked up!

Comedian Bill Hicks smoked cannabis and was into magic mushrooms!

In the documentary that Steve mentioned, Peter Green said it was LSD that messed him up. He was adamant about that.
Old 09-02-2012, 22:35   #611
Full Member+

Quote:
Anyone know about Vince Taylor and LSD...

David Bowie said this is the guy he got the idea for Ziggy Stardust off!
Never heard of Vince Taylor before but he looks a though he could have been a bit of a "bad boy" back in the 50's. Check out the gloves...!!
Old 09-02-2012, 22:40   #612
Senior Member+

Quote:
Yeh me brains as scrambled as yours.
Don't forget Ozzie Osbourne - he's had like 20 drugs in him at the same time and survived!
Old 09-02-2012, 22:42   #613

Quote:
Never heard of Vince Taylor before but he looks a though he could have been a bit of a "bad boy" back in the 50's. Check out the gloves...!!
I have not heard of him either. Just looked him up on Google and he seems to have been influential on a number of acts we have heard of, such as The Clash and David Bowie.
Old 09-02-2012, 22:45   #614
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Yeh swine have a Vince Taylor C.D. n that had me looking fer it n can't find the sodding thing. Van The Man was a Vince fan.
Old 09-02-2012, 22:46   #615
Senior Member+

Quote:
Yeh swine have a Vince Taylor C.D. n that had me looking fer it n can't find the sodding thing. Van The Man was a Vince fan.
Do you know he went mad on LSD - like you!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..