Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree93Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2012, 13:27   #541
Senior Member+

Re: Legalise "Illegal" Drugs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***Mr D*** View Post
I have already posted what my thoughts are on this subject.

I see the usual typical sniping is going on.

Garinda can I ask where you helped these 100s of heroin addicts.

Most peoples first drug wouldn't be Heroin, as they will probably be young when they try there first substance and wouldn't have the contacts.

You could class Alcohol as a gateway drug, a lot of the young people I know tried there first drugs E / Speed / Coke, Ect whilst out clubbing. But Alcohol is good??

As for this take LSD and think you can fly rubbish, where does this information come from. (Urban Myth).
I went out with a French girl who was a heroin addict I tried it twice and never did it again! It made me vomit and then I felt I was lying on cotton wool for a few hours and really happy! But I did not become addicted! Someone I know was a crack user I tried that a couple of times and thought it was rubbish! Not everyone who smokes a bit of pot ends up a hardcore junkie! I think there are other issues at play, perhaps genetic predisposition, social/family problems!

How many people beat up their wives or a family member or visa versa on alcohol? Thousands!

There are around 3,000 incidents of serious injury or death from drunk driving per annum in the UK.

Finally the most well known incident of someone jumping out of a window on LSD was in the 1950's when the CIA (US Government service) dosed a doctor with LSD, with out his knowledge and he jumped out of a window to his death!

That's a fact not fiction.

Frank Olson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by kestrelx; 06-02-2012 at 13:30.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-02-2012, 13:27   #542
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
The article says the Police "think" he had taken LSD! Think is not know! He may have taken LSD and mixed it with other stuff - if they don't know for sure it could have been Angel Dust or some other substance!
Perhaps he did.

The fools who want to get off their faces, by taking recreational drugs, aren't known for their rational thinking, when wanting to get even higher.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 13:30   #543
Give, give, give member

Quote:
I went out with a French girl who was a heroin addict I tried it twice
Well that comes as no suprise.

You do come across as rather dim.

Old 06-02-2012, 13:33   #544
Give, give, give member

Quote:
I went out with a French girl who was a heroin addict I tried it twice and never did it again! It made me vomit and then I felt I was lying on cotton wool for a few hours and really happy! But I did not become addicted! Someone I know was a crack user I tried that a couple of times and thought it was rubbish! Not everyone who smokes a bit of pot ends up a hardcore junkie! I think there are other issues at play, perhaps genetic predisposition, social/family problems!

How many people beat up their wives or a family member or visa versa on alcohol? Thousands!

There are around 3,000 incidents of serious injury or death from drunk driving per annum in the UK.

Finally the most well known incident of someone jumping out of a window on LSD was in the 1950's when the CIA (US Government service) dosed a doctor with LSD, with out his knowledge and he jumped out of a window to his death!

That's a fact not fiction.

Frank Olson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Still struggling with the memory loss?

You informed everyone you weren't posting again, as well as leaving the forum.

An other ideal customer for a dealer.

Weak willed.

Old 06-02-2012, 13:33   #545
Senior Member+

Quote:
The article says the Police "think" he had taken LSD! Think is not know! He may have taken LSD and mixed it with other stuff - if they don't know for sure it could have been Angel Dust or some other substance!
Whatever he'd taken before he tried to fly, it certainly wasn't a couple of beers!
It doesn't matter what rubbish he mixed with what, trying to fly from a 7th floor hotel window might just suggest taking drugs may not be a good idea.
Perhaps he realized that on his way down.
What are you trying to say, taking the LSD was OK but silly boy may have got his drugs mixed up? Isn't that what you're liable to do when you're drugged up?
You're not making a very convincing argument so far.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 13:34   #546
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Well that comes as no suprise.

You do come across as rather dim.
See another personal attack, your dim mate lol - you do it on purpose! As it happens she was very fit and I only found out afterwards! I'll try anything once (or twice) as I've got the strength of mind to over come it!
Old 06-02-2012, 13:35   #547
Senior Member+

Quote:
Still struggling with the memory loss?

You informed everyone you weren't posting again, as well as leaving the forum.

An other ideal customer for a dealer.

Weak willed.
I just noticed people had posted some more comments not in your favour and I wanted to give them some support.
Old 06-02-2012, 13:37   #548
Senior Member+

Quote:
I'll try anything once (or twice) as I've got the strength of mind to over come it!
How about trying jumping from a 7th floor window? I promise you once will be enough.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 13:38   #549
Give, give, give member

I presume the few numpties we have on here, who support the consumption of these narcotics, would happily give them to their young teenage children?

Just as long as they'd come from a 'good' dealer.

Old 06-02-2012, 13:40   #550
Give, give, give member

Quote:
See another personal attack, your dim mate lol - you do it on purpose! As it happens she was very fit and I only found out afterwards! I'll try anything once (or twice) as I've got the strength of mind to over come it!
My comment was about you.

Not her.

If she'd been on crack, would you have tried that twice as well?

Old 06-02-2012, 13:43   #551
Give, give, give member

Quote:
I just noticed people had posted some more comments not in your favour and I wanted to give them some support.
So you don't do what you say?

No back-bone.

Weak.

Ideal target for the pushers.

It's all starting to make sense.

Old 06-02-2012, 13:53   #552
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob View Post
There appears to be a strong body of opinion expressed here that holds that all controlled substances are bad and should be shunned as tools of the Devil and a danger to the young and impressionable. It is hard not to concurr. But in the interest of fairness I think it should be pointed out that the issue here is the abuse of substances rather than the use of substances per se.

Abuse typically occurrs when a substance is used either to excess or in ways other than originally intended.

There is a large and growing body of evidence to suggest that Controlled substances of whatever class have good, positive and life saving properties when used in the correct context and under supervision. MDMA (Ecstacy) is finding increasing use in the treatment of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, LSD is more effective at treating the problems of Alcohol withdrawal than standard therapies. THC, the active ingredient in Cannabis is used to combat the pain associated with degenerative conditions such as Arthritis with none of the noxious side effects of anti-inflamatory drug regimes. The analgesic properties of Cocaine and its derivatives have long been known and made use of in dentristry, among other branches of medicine.

What is not addressed by this discussion, or any other discussion I have heard over the last forty years, is why our young are so attracted to court the obvious dangers of substance abuse? Why are they so impelled to seek temporary release from everyday life? What is it about the qualities of our society that they find so oppressive or restrictive that they are prepared to spend large sums of money in funding criminal enterprise for a period of respite or escape?

How have we failed our young?

And, if so many of them are so affected, often at the risk of their health and lives, what are we going to do about changing our society to make such substance abuse unecessary?

It strikes me that in reaching for the 'BANNED' stamp, we are dodging the real issues.

Well said Bob - apparently the decriminalization of drugs in Portugual has proved a success!

Decriminalizing Drugs in Portugal a Success, Says Report - TIME

Quote: The Cato report's author, Greenwald, hews to the first point: that the data shows that decriminalization does not result in increased drug use. Since that is what concerns the public and policymakers most about decriminalization, he says, "that is the central concession that will transform the debate."
Old 06-02-2012, 13:56   #553
Senior Member+

Quote:
So you don't do what you say?

No back-bone.

Weak.

Ideal target for the pushers.

It's all starting to make sense.
ha ha ha! Same old same old! Personal attacks are a sign you are losing the argument!
Old 06-02-2012, 13:58   #554
Give, give, give member

Quote:
I presume the few numpties we have on here, who support the consumption of these narcotics, would happily give them to their young teenage children?

Just as long as they'd come from a 'good' dealer.
'Oi, Tiffany-Jade Sidebottom.'

'I'm not having you sat up the park, drinkin' cider with your classmates.'

'Showin' us up.'

'I'll let you choose'.

'You can either have these three E's, or two tabs of acid.'

'Go on, have a good time.'

'You only live once.'

Old 06-02-2012, 14:01   #555
Give, give, give member

Quote:
ha ha ha! Same old same old! Personal attacks are a sign you are losing the argument!

You, with your drug addled brain, see it as an attack.

The vast majority of people who read this thread, will see it as a factual observation.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..