Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree98Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-04-2013, 18:03   #241
God Member

Re: Boston Bombing

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Ya Eric, your lucky, we have a bunch of faceless Muppets telling us what we can and can't do in our own country, its a joke
That crossed my mind. None of my business, of course, but I don't think the EU is good for Britain ... in fact, it seems as if it's good for nothing, unless as a front for German economic domination of Europe. Each nation should be allowed a free-hand in making laws to deal with terrorism. But it seems like there are no "nations" in Europe any more, just a faceless, spineless, bureaucratic blob with a pickelhaube stuck on top.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-04-2013, 18:08   #242
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Exactly Abus got human rights.
The jury's out on whether he's even human cashy
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2013, 18:19   #243
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
But it seems like there are no "nations" in Europe any more, just a faceless, spineless, bureaucratic blob with a pickelhaube stuck on top.
It's not the one stuck on top that bothers me, Eric.
It's the one they keep forcing us to sit on.
Eric likes this.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 16:18   #244
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Sorry for delayed response BG.
I was listening to the Boston police radio transmissions last night, as were many thousands of others. The city was under martial law - curfew, house searches and 'stop and search' of anyone on the streets. It was an interesting insight into how martial law is implemented.

A year ago the New York Times exposed the F.B.I. as 'terrorist facilitators'.
It is looking increasingly likely that Boston bombing was in this category, but I have not yet finished websearching for opinions about it. One particular viewpoint was provided by a retired senior army officer - video below.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/29/op...anted=all&_r=0
extract -
"But all these dramas were facilitated by the F.B.I., whose undercover agents and informers posed as terrorists offering a dummy missile, fake C-4 explosives, a disarmed suicide vest and rudimentary training. Suspects naïvely played their parts until they were arrested. "

A retired Lieutenant Colonel in the Army weighs in on Boston. - YouTube
The question a lot of people are asking is; was this a terrorist incident or just a mass shooting type of incident which are not considered terrorist incidents; such as Columbine and more recent ones.

Because the alleged perpertrators had no links to any terror organisations or made statements to the effect that they were motivated by this. Many are claiming it's only being seen as terrorism because of their ethnicity?
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 16:56   #245
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
The question a lot of people are asking is; was this a terrorist incident or just a mass shooting type of incident which are not considered terrorist incidents; such as Columbine and more recent ones.

Because the alleged perpertrators had no links to any terror organisations or made statements to the effect that they were motivated by this. Many are claiming it's only being seen as terrorism because of their ethnicity?
Put whatever shade of evil you want on it, innocent folk died because of their actions.

It could have been because they believe in fairies, it was still wrong.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 17:37   #246
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
One description they were given by Joe Biden I like "two twisted, perverted, knock off jihadis"

Seems to fit..they did it would seem have links to terror organisations, tenuous now but links all the same. The knock off bit.

And believers in fairies don't meet on a specified day each week to perform certain rituals,* dont identify themselves as a community of fairy believers separate from fairy skeptics and don't offer to die in defence of their belief in fairies.**

* Freemasons maybe?

** Me and my Tinkerbelle theorem
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 17:38   #247
God Member

terror is terror

the caused terror so are terrorists and should be dealt with as such

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 17:58   #248
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
terror is terror

the caused terror so are terrorists and should be dealt with as such
Trouble is we can't even give um their justs, over here, they have rights you know
Old 25-04-2013, 18:39   #249
Full Member+

Apparently, the Boston bombers were all packed up ready for another atrocity in Times Square when they were stopped. (on the evening news ).
westendlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 18:40   #250
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by westendlass View Post
Apparently, the Boston bombers were all packed up ready for another atrocity in Times Square when they were stopped. (on the evening news ).
A real pair of nut jobs, happen as well ones dead and the other one won't see the light of day again
Old 25-04-2013, 18:47   #251
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Also the Mothers been on saying she regrets them emigrating to the States. Damned straight she isn't the only one feeling that way, ask those suffering loss or injury.
Old 25-04-2013, 18:56   #252
Full Member+

The parents seem full of self pity. Pity they didn't have enough to go round.!
westendlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2013, 00:10   #253
God Member

Here's Canada's new Anti-Terrorism Bill .... not suggesting it as a model for you guys, just out of interest.

8 things to know about the new anti-terrorism bill - Politics - CBC News
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2013, 06:50   #254
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Seems like some of that would be near impossible to enforce Eric?
Old 26-04-2013, 07:52   #255
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by westendlass View Post
The parents seem full of self pity. Pity they didn't have enough to go round.!
Surprisingly there are a lot of parents with the "our Billy wouldn't do anything like that" attitude, its time they joined the real world.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..