Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree246Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-11-2015, 12:32   #196
Senior Member+

Re: Paris Shootings.

Are these latest shootings the straw that broke the camels back?

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb

Last edited by Accyexplorer; 18-11-2015 at 12:34.
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-11-2015, 18:39   #197
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

It's taken 6 days for a comment to appear on here with regards to the latest sickening antics from the "Ali's snackbar" brigade. Much as I'm not a fan of the French, they at least are prepared to start action to retaliate & stand up for their populace when threatened. Sadly, quite a few other European leaders remain spinelessly inactive despite an ever present & current threat to their citizenry & way of life.
Old 18-11-2015, 19:57   #198
Beacon of light

The lily livered approach never works...diplomacy seldom works...what is needed is what Francois Hollande has suggested, that is a concerted effort by many nations to root out ISIS...stop them in their tracks..deprive them of funding, destroy their weapons.

I have heard very little condemnation from Muslim leaders, Imams and such like...when we hear nothing from ordinary Muslims it is thought that they condone what is being done in the name of their religion.
I know that muslims have stood in the silent crowds...but silence speaks volumes.
They should be shouting from the rooftops 'Not in My name.....this is not the Islam that I follow'.....that they say nothing means that we have to make our own conclusions. that these conclusions MIGHT be wrong needs to be addressed and thus far it has not been.
Eric, dotti34 and hilleluk like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2015, 20:43   #199

My thoughts exactly, Margaret. In this case silence is NOT golden - it certainly does speak volumes.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2015, 21:51   #200
Beacon of light

Too much time has been spent pussyfooting around so as not to offend the sensibilities of muslims.
How many more people have to die before some definitive action is taken?
The porous borders of Europe have been detrimental to the cause of tracking down the men who have barbarity in their hearts...those who see every non muslim as Kuffar and disposable...to be got rid of.
Maybe this is the tilting point......maybe the world leaders will get together and have a common aim in defeating these murderers.
Old 18-11-2015, 22:02   #201
Senior Member+

You ask them to speak out, but think of last December. 130+ children.. i say CHILDREN was killed in an army school in Pakistan by the taliban.... I would hazard a guess muslims are just as terrorized if not more so
Wynonie Harris likes this.
Old 18-11-2015, 22:42   #202
Senior Member+

They are terrorised by the Muttawa, the Imams, the religion and Sharia - and of course by governments or rulers., and their military.
One must take into account that they are some 600 years behind the Western World, although they have had some great scholars and scientists since the rise of Islam.
East is East and West is West, and never the twain shall meet - Kipling 1889, could well be in the process of being proved.
Restless likes this.
Old 18-11-2015, 22:53   #203

This probably sums it up quite well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 12240057_1059687664124574_7376390259240528677_n.jpg (68.4 KB, 25 views)
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2015, 23:07   #204
Senior Member+

Straight into the blame game and solutions? No words for the poor innocent victims that were murdered or the familes left shattered? I expect better from a forum which boasts such a high level comments
I think,it'd be wrong for me to start posting my brain farts without saying that my thoughts are with 'all' victims of terrorism and their families including those Leb families that ISIS blew up in Beirut around the same as those in Paris.
http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/11/16....google.co.uk/

I noticed on the other forums that I frequent that folk were changing their pictures to show their support for those in Paris but I didn't see a option to show my support for the folk of Lebanon by changing my pic to the Leb flag or any of the numerous flags from the countries that the U.S. is terrorising.
It's selective outrage driven by the media......Myself,I think near on all life is precious and all violence and killing should be condemed not promoted.
Alan Varrechia likes this.

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2015, 02:23   #205
Super Moderator

Funny how the Western powers are quite happy to support extremist fundamentalist movements when it suits them. Like Osama bin Laden and the mujahedin who waged jihad against the USSR in the 80's with the full backing of the US and the UK. There's an even a picture of old Ronnie meeting with the mujahedin in the Oval Office. Unfortunately they later morphed into the Taliban and al-Qaida and started waging jihad against us. They obviously hadn't read the script.

Then there's the little matter of the disastrous illegal war in Iraq, led by the US with the UK trotting along behind like an obedient little poodle. It was initiated on false information, killed over one million people (including quite a few of our lads and lasses) and destabilized the whole region, creating the conditions where the likes of al-Qaida thrived, eventually leading to the creation of ISIS.

I'm as angry as anybody about what happened in Paris AND Beirut AND Nigeria and all the other places, but apart from the evil, nihilistic death cult who perpetrated these acts, my venon's directed against Bush and that odious creature, Blair and all the other Western leaders whose constant meddling in the Middle East has helped to create the situation we find ourselves in today.
Old 19-11-2015, 05:14   #206
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
Straight into the blame game and solutions?
Not quite seeing that fella, care to expand?

Quote:
Myself,I think near on all life is precious and all violence and killing should be condemed not promoted.
Near on all? Who would you consider as not worthy then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
my venon's directed against Bush and that odious creature, Blair and all the other Western leaders whose constant meddling in the Middle East has helped to create the situation we find ourselves in today.
I can go with those sentiments to a point Wynn. Unfortunately though, some of the follow up was inevitable due to the precedent incumbents original activities & laying down a framework of action followed by retribution ad nausea, "Catch 22", "Ground hog day" call it what you will but the results were foreseeable.
Barrie Yates likes this.
Old 19-11-2015, 06:43   #207
Senior Member+

Army of God? Here are 6 modern-day Christian terrorist groups you never hear about I found this post interesting and no surprise I have never heard of these groups till now...
Old 19-11-2015, 06:45   #208
Beacon of light

Jason, how long have you been a chameleon?
You change your perspective and your opinions to suit what you think will be supported.
You think that nearly all life is precious.
Perhaps you should tell that to the families of those who were captured, held hostage and then beheaded as of it were some kind of sport...to be televised and shown to the world.
And this is by those who would impose their brand of medieval religion on all the world.
They would like us to believe that they do this for their God, but in reality they do it to show that have power. This is no different to any other power struggle in the world.....men wanting their egos massaged, to be noted in the history books.

The young men who are radicalised are being brainwashed in just the same way as you tell us the media is doing in the western world.
Book Haram, ISIS, Al Qaeda.....they are all the same beast. Can you tell me of any good deed that any of these have done?
Have they saved children? Have they promoted the plight of women? Do they respect and promote life?
No, they have not...they have brought their own kind of terror to their own race....they have slaughtered indiscriminately. They have driven people from their lands.....enslaved girls and women, stopped them from being educated....they have formed into a society which is neither fair nor civilised....and if this were no so why would so many people be risking their lives to get out of their homeland?
Old 19-11-2015, 07:14   #209
Beacon of light

Quote:

I noticed on the other forums that I frequent that folk were changing their pictures to show their support for those in Paris but I didn't see a option to show my support for the folk of Lebanon by changing my pic to the Leb flag or any of the numerous flags from the countries that the U.S. is terrorising.
And this.....from someone who posed the question about wearing poppies to show respect for the war dead of all conflicts!
You don't believe in something like that, but want to have some sort of banner on your posts to show support for a countries you feel have been affected by a western aggressor.

The man in the street has very little influence over the foreign policies that their government employs.
Ah, but you can say ' you voted for them'. That might be true, but how many people will ask a prospective MP about the nitty gritty of foreign policy?
How many prospective MPs would be in a position to answer that question?
Governments do not follow the will of the people.....if they did then Saddam Hussein would still be overseeing his country..Not dead, reviled and buried.
We, the ordinary little people are pawns,in the same way as those in the countries you think can do no wrong. Those countries you see as being oppressed by the U.S.

Jason, you take the biscuit for hypocrisy.
Old 19-11-2015, 07:23   #210
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
Army of God? Here are 6 modern-day Christian terrorist groups you never hear about I found this post interesting and no surprise I have never heard of these groups till now...
Rob, you have not heard of these groups because they are not in the same league as the Muslim terrorists. They have not held people hostage.....tortured them by allowing them to see beheadings and telling them that they are next for this fate.
I think they maybe practise their deluded beliefs in their own little portion of the world.
The thing is you can find all kinds of things if you go looking under stones on the Internet.
How many of these will be a direct threat to the way you live your life?
How many of them will reach into your life and steal the freedoms that our fathers and grandfathers fought for.
At a guess, I would say 'none of them'.
Al Qaeda, ISIS, Daish......all want to dominate the world....see you as an infidel, would convert you or kill you....there is no middle ground. They are reaching into your everyday life.....and you work with technical stuff so you surely can see how they are going to do it.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..