Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree246Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-11-2015, 18:23   #301
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Paris Shootings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
well, if that is how you want to waste your time.......
Paying any heed to yon mon is a complete waste of time in my book.
Old 26-11-2015, 23:22   #302
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Paying any heed to yon mon is a complete waste of time in my book.

this book you refer too on many occasions over the years entitled "my book " , is it available on amazon it seems to be quite a large book and worthy of a read ?

is there a second book in the works perhaps entitled my life or maybe my struggle ?

or should i just stop now before i get "The Book" thrown at me

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2015, 14:57   #303
Senior Member+

You think I talk sh*te,Scameron has said bombing IS in Syria will make the UK safer

David Cameron says bombing IS in Syria to make UK \'safer\'

Would us helping to bomb Syria really make a difference? Hmmm

I know folk may not be as pro war as I like to imply but believing Cameron is stupidity.
Its more a case of Cameron being desperate to be seen to be playing with the big boys I think.
For me,It would be nice if Daeshy Dave put the defence of the realm first and stopped playing war...

...In simple terms,stop funding these BS invasions and put that money into border security and eradicating the domestic threat in this country

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2015, 15:31   #304
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post

believing Cameron is stupidity.
Its more a case of Cameron being desperate to be seen to be playing with the big boys I think.
For me,It would be nice if Daeshy Dave put the defence of the realm first and stopped playing war...

...In simple terms,stop funding these BS invasions and put that money into border security and eradicating the domestic threat in this country
I'm now stuck between the frying pan and the fire, I really do think believing Cameron (or indeed the majority of the politicians) when it comes to bombing anywhere is stupidity.

However knowing your record of unbelievable posts not just on this but sundry other subjects, you know what? I'd believe him and any of the rest before even considering an alternative you could conjure up.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2015, 19:22   #305

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Quote:
You think I talk sh*te,Scameron has said bombing IS in Syria will make the UK safer

David Cameron says bombing IS in Syria to make UK \'safer\'

Would us helping to bomb Syria really make a difference? Hmmm

I know folk may not be as pro war as I like to imply but believing Cameron is stupidity.

Yeah you do talk garbage!

I'm no Tory..but...

If you actually looked at what was said, as opposed to using a badly translated asian commentary ripped from a poor Daily Mirror opinion piece

Full text of David Cameron's memorandum on Syria airstrikes | Politics | The Guardian

You would see (on page 9 of the above) from what was actually said..that Cameron states that Airstrikes alone will not defeat IS. (everyone and his brother with a modicum of sense knows that dropping conventional bombs randomly on a populace doesn't work (a lesson learned from events like the London blitz and napalming Vietnam amongst others)...

Cameron is a lot of things, but an idiot is not one of them. And even if he did use the phrase 'make us safer' during verbal sparring across the house, where every single word is analysed to death..he would have meant it in terms of strategic bombing of supply lines, or front line troops in support of friendly ground troops advancing.

Personally I'm more annoyed at Corbyns stance (and I've defended him a few times previously), I'm reminded of Denis Healey banging on about 'jingoism' whilst our guys were shedding blood in the Falklands...and we all know what happened to the Labour party at the following election.

Oh and Airstrikes are not 'invasions' they are 'interdictions'
Old 27-11-2015, 20:46   #306
Beacon of light

Yes, I wanted to say that Guinness, but feel like I could be seen as attacking Jason for his views.
I have been telling him all along that his views were skewed....But it appears to have made very little impact.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2015, 22:01   #307
Senior Member+

I don't know what's more shocking....folk struggling to swallow the fact that we're part of the problem in the Middle East or that someone is of a similar opinion to me and their a Daily Mirror reader (please provide the link I need to see it for myself).

Why does Cameron seem so keen to take Britain into another ruddy war,we can't look after our elderly etc but money for war is no problem ....We've no business interfering in Syria imo and I hope it makes you 'pro war' folk proud that we're sending 'our boys' to kill innocents and spread misery around the world in the name of 'freedom .

....I will now refrain from commenting further on this thread.

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2015, 22:42   #308

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Quote:
I don't know what's more shocking....folk struggling to swallow the fact that we're part of the problem in the Middle East or that someone is of a similar opinion to me and their a Daily Mirror reader (please provide the link I need to see it for myself).

Why does Cameron seem so keen to take Britain into another ruddy war,we can't look after our elderly etc but money for war is no problem ....We've no business interfering in Syria imo and I hope it makes you 'pro war' folk proud that we're sending 'our boys' to kill innocents and spread misery around the world in the name of 'freedom .

....I will now refrain from commenting further on this thread.
You are the gift that just keeps on giving..

It’s called ‘education’ …read as much as you can….take in all points of view… you look at all the facts, evidence and suppositions… and then extrapolate.

I’m not your tutor… instead of copy/pasting the views of others or linking the first google result that agrees with your parameters, try educating
yourself!

You keep saying that people who disagree with you are ‘pro-war’….like it or not….IS has already declared war on anyone who does not follow their version of the prophets word and the caliphate! This is an incontrovertable fact! We are not the aggressors here, we are the defenders!

And your concept of freedom is what? Rape, torture, murder, exploitation, beheading, crucifixion, maiming, slavery, paedophilia, women without rights, legal divorce by texting a five letter word three times.

You are probably right in keeping your gob shut, because I'd love to see you tell one of 'our boys' that they were spreading misery and killing innocents.
Old 28-11-2015, 03:42   #309
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
You would see (on page 9 of the above) from what was actually said..that Cameron states that Airstrikes alone will not defeat IS.

...he would have meant it in terms of strategic bombing of supply lines, or front line troops in support of friendly ground troops advancing.
Yep, I agree, just going in there bombing IS is not going to ultimately defeat them. So presumably, this bombing in support of friendly ground troops advancing refers to what he mentions on page 8...ie, "70,000 Syrian opposition fighters on the ground who are not members of extremist groups".

But surely, what their "opposition" is directed towards at the moment is Assad, not IS. And, I would imagine, they have their hands somewhat full, fighting for their lives and those of their families against Assad's murderous regime. Is it not, therefore, wishful thinking on Cameron's part to assume that they're going to abandon their fight with the Assad regime en masse and start advancing on IS, once our chaps commence their bombing campaign?

Last edited by Wynonie Harris; 28-11-2015 at 03:44.
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2015, 04:15   #310
God Member

12 months ago cameron wanted to bomb assad and now he wants to bomb isis

the guy seems to only want to bomb isis because everyone else is on the bomb isis band wagon

dont get me wrong for every bomb dropped on isis id welcome 10 more but if Paris hadnt happened i think cameron would still be sat leaving isis to do as they please living in ignorant bliss to the fact that these people arnt just in Syria they more than likely hiding in every country and need rooting out before we have another 7/7 or worse

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2015, 07:10   #311
Beacon of light

Jason, is this refraining from making comments just for today?
Or are you really going to exit the thread?
When you have promised this in the past, it has been very short term.

I am not pro war, I hate violence of any description. I hate to see or hear about suffering, conflict.
But, these murderers are not like any other army.
They want to wage war using medieval torture, slavery,they want everyone in the world to follow their dogma.....and not the peaceful version of it. They want to remove freedoms which were only gained after centuries of fighting...They want to return to what is largely a feudal system. You think you are oppressed by the Tories......well you know absolutely nothing about real oppression.
Now if you want to think of your children, your grandchildren being in the situation where they follow Islam or are killed in barbaric ways.....then cart on.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2015, 07:10   #312
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

To me bombing is the worst/stupidest way to go, whilst democracy is a definate non-starter, with those who cant even get on with their own, the only way i can see is troops from east @ west on the ground, not an easy but an only chance of stopping these people.
Eric likes this.
Old 28-11-2015, 09:46   #313
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
I hope it makes you 'pro war' folk proud that we're sending 'our boys' to kill innocents and spread misery around the world in the name of 'freedom .
Excuse me, but you're talking out of your arse (again). "Our Boys" adhere to the British Army code of conduct, Geneva conventions & the rules of engagement (for any specific combat role), they are not sent out to "Kill innocents around the world!" but to apply their expertise, dedication & training as directed by our government or consummate with our NATO commitments.

We do not wilfully attack civilians, behead, crucify, rape & murder captives, then post said atrocities on you tube to instil revulsion & terror throughout the "civilised world". Unlike those you appear to be defending, these actions required by us & our allies are brought about by necessity, not some warped desire for a one world death cult which brings nothing with it but subservience, denigration & hatred for all else.

You truly are a fool if you believe your own student debating society world view, you & other hand wringing, leftist appeasing apologists, bring nothing but further problems! Let's say you & your ilk get their way, when UK is under Sharia law & the Caliphate is running the country, whose going to protect your scrawny arses then from their degenerate purges & pogroms of "Kaffirs & infidels"?
Old 28-11-2015, 09:56   #314
Senior Member+

If "our boys" & don't forget the girls who now operate in combat zones, do not follow the rules of engagement and the Geneva Convention then they are prosecuted - by our judiciary. Do any terrorist organisation do the same?
cashman, Eric and DaveinGermany like this.
Old 28-11-2015, 10:46   #315
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Why people are even conversing with this cretin is a source of amazement to me?
Barrie Yates likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..