Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree246Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-03-2016, 20:49   #331
Beacon of light

Re: Paris Shootings.

aah Less...you know me too well.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-03-2016, 23:30   #332

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
There is just too much pussyfooting around(don't want to offend these sensitive people....so sensitive that they can behead those who do not follow their brand of religion)...no decisive action by any of the politicians in Europe....well, that is apart from Frau Merkel inviting potential terrorists into the heart of her country....and into Europe.
Expect more events like this one. It is inevitable.
What about Brussels - where next - Oswaldtwistle _ I kid you not
keith higson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2016, 01:35   #333

Here in New South Wales we have a 16yrs old girl who is on charges of sending monies to aid the ISIS , she cannot be named due to the fact that she is a minor. I agree with this but the law should be altered so that if she and any other person who commits an henious crime should be named, photographed and any other means that will identify them so that they are known to law abiding subjects.
keith higson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2016, 01:45   #334
God Member

i think in cases where feelings towards somone accused could run deep names should be withheld until a guilty verdict is reached and if found innocent the press and media banned from ever naming them regarding what they were accused of as even an innocent verdict isnt enough for most people

once however a guilty verdict is reached then regardless of age they should be named

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2017, 17:14   #335
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Anyone following the news today? Remembrances in Mollenbeek 1 year on from the terrorist attacks & it appears one of "Alis Snack bar" retards has run down several innocents in his car & then taken a knife to several armed UK Coppers round parliament way! Coincidence, or malice aforethought?
Old 22-03-2017, 18:20   #336
Full Member+

what ever it is Dave it is terrible. It seems no where is safe any more any where. It is very sad.
Rowlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2017, 19:11   #337
Beacon of light

I would suggest it is malice.
Old 22-03-2017, 19:57   #338

Don't give them the publicity they want, poor soul lost his life protecting our freedom . I just touched down in Vegas to hear the news. I will light a candle and go church rather than partying tonight.
odders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2017, 20:57   #339
Senior Member+

Sky News slipped up earlier on - they showed the perp on a stretcher, nothing covering his face so probably not dead, but you could clearly see, heavy bearded, very short hair (shaved ?), very sun-tanned. The next time they showed that same scene his face had been pixellated out.
Old 22-03-2017, 21:19   #340
Beacon of light

It is the same with the online newspapers, face can be clearly seen.
At least the man was taken out...save us having to keep him in jail and stops him claiming human rights...I know that may sound callous but that is how I see it. This murderer has no human rights...to have human rights you have to be HUMAN...he was a coward of the lowest order.
ISIS have claimed it as their handiwork...well, they would wouldn't they?
KiTChener, cashman, odders and 2 others like this.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 22-03-2017 at 21:25.
Old 22-03-2017, 21:39   #341
Senior Member+

Here we go again,all you need is enough hate,next time it could be Accrington

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2017, 21:48   #342
Beacon of light

Am I not permitted to detest someone who murders and maims people going about their daily lives(some of them foreign nationals, tourists)?
What do you think the family of the deceased are feeling right now?
Do you applaud the actions of this murderer?
What is it in my post that is untrue.....? Perhaps you don't think this murderer should have been taken out, or perhaps you feel he was not a coward.
Yes, it could happen anywhere...even Accrington.
KiTChener, odders and hilleluk like this.
Old 22-03-2017, 21:57   #343
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Am I not permitted to detest someone who murders and maims people going about their daily lives(some of them foreign nationals, tourists)?
What do you think the family of the deceased are feeling right now?
Do you applaud the actions of this murderer?
What is it in my post that is untrue.....? Perhaps you don't think this murderer should have been taken out, or perhaps you feel he was not a coward.
Yes, it could happen anywhere...even Accrington.
Margaret,my comment wasn't referring to anything you have said in your comments.I am fully aware of,and respect,your opinion on this subject.

I also assume with have discussed these kind of attacks before hence "here we go again".

My thoughts are with those directly effected by today's attack.

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2017, 05:21   #344
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
Here we go again, (Aye the religion of peace .... again) all you need is enough hate (and it seems its followers are full of it), next time it could be Accrington (anywhere there is sufficient numbers of these "people" you can pretty much guarantee it at some level)
You didn't quite make your statement clear enough until challenged so hardly surprising you're taken to task lad. So to clear up, I've corrected your comment for you!
KiTChener and odders like this.
Old 23-03-2017, 05:48   #345
Beacon of light

Jason, if what you meant ' was here we go again' then it would have been simple to just say that.

As for hate...these people who perpetrate these acts ( where the people being attacked cannot defend themselves, because they are not aware that they are at war with these cowards) these people who profess to be a member of a devout, but supposedly peaceful faith, they hate us so much for our way of life. Then the door is open and they can leave for somewhere which is more acceptable to them.
They don't though, do they?

They prefer to stay and wreak havoc, bring death and destruction where ever they can. They are under a misapprehension that their crusade is to bring their faith to those they believe to be infidels. That, Jason, is you, me and all of our families.

They might have been born here, but yet they feel that we who have been here for generations, need to change to accommodate them and their practices.
They will not be happy until the country is under the rule of their twisted faith.

So it isn't me who is doing the hating, it is them.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..